Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
Lots of Dark Souls..
I ordered the DS3 DLC, DS2 Scholar of the First Sin for XB1, and a DS1 Xbox360 copy.
I already put a lot of time into DS1 on PS3 back when but felt like replaying it on XB1 backwards compatibility just because. DS2 SotFS I already finished on X360 but wanted to replay it on XB1 to see what the changes were like in the real version of SotFS.

Burningtime

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2015
BOSTON, MA.
Lots of Dark Souls..
I ordered the DS3 DLC, DS2 Scholar of the First Sin for XB1, and a DS1 Xbox360 copy.
I already put a lot of time into DS1 on PS3 back when but felt like replaying it on XB1 backwards compatibility just because. DS2 SotFS I already finished on X360 but wanted to replay it on XB1 to see what the changes were like in the real version of SotFS.

I'm in a Dark Souls wormhole myself. Was halfway through the PS4 "Scholar of the First Sin" edition of DS2 when I decided to start up Dark Souls 3. Been playing it religiously after work and I'm almost through the main game. Gonna fire up the 2 DLC's after I'm done.

Reactions: itsOver9000

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I bought yesterday the Alan Wake franchise pack from Steam for just 3,69€ I think it was. It includes the game, the American nightmare DLC and all the extras.

Awesome awesome price. 90% off. Always wanted to play this game and on several occasions I thought about buying the Xbox One S mainly to play this game.

Now I just got it for 3,69€! But I'll have to play it on a PC, which I kind of hate. I prefer playing in the living room, but for that prove I'll take it!

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I bought yesterday the Alan Wake franchise pack from Steam for just 3,69€ I think it was. It includes the game, the American nightmare DLC and all the extras.

Awesome awesome price. 90% off. Always wanted to play this game and on several occasions I thought about buying the Xbox One S mainly to play this game.

Now I just got it for 3,69€! But I'll have to play it on a PC, which I kind of hate. I prefer playing in the living room, but for that prove I'll take it!

The X-Box 360 Days. Alan Wake. I enjoyed that game. Interesting game, but eerie in the areas, but sort of strange as well. The first one was the best.

Reactions: Sensamic

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
I have two lists on Amazon. A PS4 and an Xbox One list. I finally want to jump in thanks to a bonus from work.

I prefer Microsoft's ecosystem, UI, and controller but I love Japanese games and most importantly, there's no Guilty Gear for Xbox One but Killer Instinct seems dope and Forza is one of, if not my favorite franchise. Decisions...

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
upload_2017-5-17_12-39-53.png

Found a local seller that had them both for $70 dollars, combined. Couldn't pass it up.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Let us know. Watched a few previews and it just came across as a dark souls and dark space love child.

It's good and its definitely a souls-like game. I like that they added their own spin to the combat with the dismemberment which is really satisfying to pull off and a fun way to acquire gear/parts. These are the same guys that made Lords of the Fallen and they really learned a lesson because Lotf was horrible with it clunky controls and combat..I couldn't finish it. The combat in the Surge is fast pace like Bloodborne but can get slower if you choose to go heavy. I can see the environment will become boring if it all takes place in a factory setting but overall I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm a little disappointed in how the gaming community is receiving it. The developers stated it's a souls-like game and thats what they did but everyone is calling it a rip off....souls-like is now a sub genre so of course other games in the genre will use the same formula but they all put a little spin to it and The Surge tried as well.

Bless

Reactions: MRU

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Minecraft and Tumbleseed on Switch! And on Monday I'll get that Disgaea 5 on Switch as well :)

Thinking of picking up Farpoint on PS4. Played a demo last year and it was ACE, especially with that gun controller.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Minecraft and Tumbleseed on Switch! And on Monday I'll get that Disgaea 5 on Switch as well :)

Thinking of picking up Farpoint on PS4. Played a demo last year and it was ACE, especially with that gun controller.

Enjoyed Far Cry 4. Lots to do. One of the better rated titles for a first person shooter. Beautiful looking game too.

Side Note: Far Cry 5 is rumored to be demoing at the Electronic Expo this year in June. It's rumored to have a western appeal/setting. If true, this should be interesting to see how this competes with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Enjoyed Far Cry 4. Lots to do. One of the better rated titles for a first person shooter. Beautiful looking game too.

Side Note: Far Cry 5 is rumored to be demoing at the Electronic Expo this year in June. It's rumored to have a western appeal/setting. If true, this should be interesting to see how this competes with Red Dead Redemption 2.
Nono, Farpoint ;) it's a VR FPS game and one of the most immersive demos I've ever played.

Reactions: Sunny1990

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Nono, Farpoint ;) it's a VR FPS game and one of the most immersive demos I've ever played.

My mistake. I got excited when I thought you typed FarCry and it has been rumored for the E3 Conference next month.

However, I have read good things about Far Point. It looks like a step in the right direction for VR and I see more titles leading that way.

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
However, I have read good things about Far Point. It looks like a step in the right direction for VR and I see more titles leading that way.

Great things about the PSVR rifle as well - mostly sold out around here (though I would rather have it in black).

Bought:

Hyrule Warriors 3DS - returned to GS - didn't like it, the artwork seems 2D'ish and was annoying and all those long cut scenes.
Bomberman R - returned to GS - was too repetitive - isn't really a $50 cart (or a $40 used one for that matter) - should've been a $20 download. Still have my gamesave data and will re-purchase when it is $20.
Poochy & Yoshi Wolly World 3DS w/ Amiibo - great price at Amazon - played the Demo at GS - fun...

Reactions: Sunny1990

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I just purchased a 55" 4k OLED tv to replace my 49" LCD/LED. Really looking forward to those pure blacks, the LCD had a brilliant bright picture, but the dark images were always clouded from the uneven backlighting. Might have to fire up Bloodborne again to really appreciate this! :D

Next up: PS4 Pro Slim, whenever they release it!

Reactions: Sensamic

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I just purchased a 55" 4k OLED tv to replace my 49" LCD/LED. Really looking forward to those pure blacks, the LCD had a brilliant bright picture, but the dark images were always clouded from the uneven backlighting. Might have to fire up Bloodborne again to really appreciate this! :D

How about XB1 X for some true 4K gaming?

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I've got my XBox One hooked up to an LG OLED. It looks amazing. The blacks make objects almost pop in contrast. Reds are super deep, no blurring or shading issues. When I got mine a few years ago I even dug out a bunch of Blu-Ray movies to watch. I recommend watching something like The Fall to really see the difference.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010

Tell us more about your experience with the OLED TV when you get more time with it. I'm debating whether to go OLED for my next TV too.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I've got my XBox One hooked up to an LG OLED. It looks amazing. The blacks make objects almost pop in contrast. Reds are super deep, no blurring or shading issues. When I got mine a few years ago I even dug out a bunch of Blu-Ray movies to watch. I recommend watching something like The Fall to really see the difference.

I really look forward to OLED TV, however, The large size one is too expensive at this moment (my current 4K TV is 84", I don't want to go back to any smaller size). So I better wait..... anyway, nice to hear that you have good gaming experience on it. Hopefully I can join the OLED family soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.