Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Tomorrow is D-day - the 2 week return policy will be up. I have been wearing two watches like a douche bag all week, trying all the bands - getting the feels. There are alot of moments where the titanium with the smaller bezels is more of my style - it as so many things i can match with currently. But I’m always drawn to the ceramic. Maybe it’s the storm trooper vibe. Maybe it feels like a gadget from 2541. I know alot of the bands i have don’t really match well, but i think im going to take the plunge and keep the ceramic.

That is/was exactly my struggle. I chose the ceramic eventually. Still looking back at some pics from the SBTi and wonder. So far I only really digg the ceramic with the white sport band, as it is such a complete look and elegant, too - even with dress shirts. I do not like the ceramic with colored bands, as it also makes the case design stick out so much more, while the white band flows right into it.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
The ceramic version is only 0.3mm higher than the other versions, how much thicker is the frame - more than 0.3mm pro side?

0.3mm are hardly visible?! :)

I don't notice any difference in the size of the bezels. They look the exact same to me on the ceramic and every other model of watch.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
That is/was exactly my struggle. I chose the ceramic eventually. Still looking back at some pics from the SBTi and wonder. So far I only really digg the ceramic with the white sport band, as it is such a complete look and elegant, too - even with dress shirts. I do not like the ceramic with colored bands, as it also makes the case design stick out so much more, while the white band flows right into it.
Ceramic with white sport band and specially the pure platinum/black is the mutts nuts for dress wear. Leather loops look great too. It just looks so classy.
Apart from metal bands, the ceramic goes nicely with any colour and bright colours are great for the casual look.

Reactions: jaytee86

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
I don't notice any difference in the size of the bezels. They look the exact same to me on the ceramic and every other model of watch.

there is a little bit of a lip on the ceramic where it goes into the glass. I assume the case has to be a tiny bit bigger. But that is not what makes it look bigger. It is actually the white color. White always makes things look bigger. Had a Rolex Explorer II with a white face. Looked noticeably bigger than the black Version.

Last edited:

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yellow day. Apple yellow sport band with silicone 3rd party case and Apple Meyer lemon loop with Apple meyer lemon case
St%M41WKTI68XDyrhDchcA.jpg

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
The ceramic version is only 0.3mm higher than the other versions, how much thicker is the frame - more than 0.3mm pro side?

0.3mm are hardly visible?! :)

To answer your question. The screen bezel is the same size, but the ceramic material is noticeably thicker than any other apple watch. I can personally see it from the videos and I can certainly see it in person. it makes the apple watch bigger and the ceramic stands out more from the bird's eye view when looking at content, what this sometimes does for me is cause distraction - instead of looking at the content, part of my mind is on the "bezels": it just protrudes out more.

When you compare that to titanium for example (or any other material) - from a bird's eye view you see the barely metal casing, this also makes the screen to "bezel" ratio feel bigger. These a subtle things, and some can argue it's a non-topic but keep in mind that i personally returned an Iphone 11 to get the iphone pro on how much this bothered me.

1571423141011.png

The yellow on the silicon case looks weak sauce, otherwise neat combo! The ceramic AW on that yellow band releases an incredibly energetic vibe.

I think this was a game changer, when i saw the meyer yellow leather loop ( and i don't even like leather from apple), it popped in a good way. Giving this positive vibe.

Last edited:
Reactions: iosgino

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
That’s the one thing I regretted, the traffic. Also paid the most for parking in my entire life because I picked a random garage. $41, ouch.

Staff at the store were super nice!
I highly recommend SpotHero. Last time I used it I was about to park near Navy Pier for $12. For 8 hours no less.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
My S5 ceramic with Saddle Brown leather loop arrives next Wednesday... Chicago Loop. Hello Chicagoland and world! And thank you to all Ceramic owners in this thread for convincing me to take the plunge...
You are going to love it. The problem is once you move into the ceramic you probably won't be satisfied with any other model .

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
To answer your question. The screen bezel is the same size, but the ceramic material is noticeably thicker than any other apple watch. I can personally see it from the videos and I can certainly see it in person. it makes the apple watch bigger and the ceramic stands out more from the bird's eye view when looking at content, what this sometimes does for me is cause distraction - instead of looking at the content, part of my mind is on the "bezels": it just protrudes out more.

When you compare that to titanium for example (or any other material) - from a bird's eye view you see the barely metal casing, this also makes the screen to "bezel" ratio feel bigger. These a subtle things, and some can argue it's a non-topic but keep in mind that i personally returned an Iphone 11 to get the iphone pro on how much this bothered me.

View attachment 870631

I think this was a game changer, when i saw the meyer yellow leather loop ( and i don't even like leather from apple), it popped in a good way. Giving this positive vibe.
The ceramic watch looks bigger than my S4SS and I noticed it immediately.People surely by it for the look. I wore the S4SS for nearly a year. I never really liked it. The S5C is exactly what I wanted. without having a micrometer I have no idea if it is or how much bigger it is. To me the white looks like a case on my phone.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My S5 ceramic with Saddle Brown leather loop arrives next Wednesday... Chicago Loop. Hello Chicagoland and world! And thank you to all Ceramic owners in this thread for convincing me to take the plunge...
You wont regret it
[automerge]1571479358[/automerge]
Bearing in mind that the S4 skipped Ceramic, I am going to be gutted if the S6 does t come in Ceramic.

Reactions: bruinsrme

louisitou

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2016
Bonn, Germany
I replaced my Ti Watch with a Ceramic Apple watch + Black Leather Loop. I couldnt be happier, what a beautiful watch!!. Its a lot more expensive but worth it. My Ti Watch looked terrible after nearly 2 weeks, it got scratches so easily, i was shocked! & i was using the Watch carefully in this 2 weeks..
I still have a Ti SpaceBlack too, which is a lot more scratch resistant compared to the natural Ti.

Reactions: jenicekk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.