Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Interesting. You think, that Ceramic much more beautiful, than black Ti or SBSS?

I do. I have a S4 SSBS and I would wear the S3C or S5C over the SSBS any day of the week, except maybe on tuesdays

Not only does the ceramic cost more, but I have found I spend an lot more on bands. With the series 4 SBSS I bought 4 bands. With the S5 Ceramic I have bought 8 bands bands, 6 new and 2 from previous seasons.

And yes, because of some people on this forum, which I an thinking about putting on ignore because I am going broke, I am awaiting the arrival of the Meyer Lemon band.

Last edited:

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
without having a micrometer I have no idea if it is or how much bigger it is. T

Maybe this will help you out.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.20.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.20.27 PM.png

Last edited:

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Bands I have so far:
SB Milanese loop
Black sport loop
Khaki sport loop
Black sport band
White ceramic sport band
Project red sport band
Forest green leather loop
Meyer lemon leather loop

Would like the brown leather loop...
Would like the SB link bracelet...

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Bands I have so far:
SB Milanese loop
Black sport loop
Khaki sport loop
Black sport band
White ceramic sport band
Project red sport band
Forest green leather loop
Meyer lemon leather loop

Would like the brown leather loop...
Would like the SB link bracelet...

great choices. Would be nice to get pics of all combos.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I expect we never saw a Space Black Ceramic as it would look too similar to the DLC coating of the Space Black Stainless Steel. White Ceramic is a truly unique color within the entire Apple Watch line, so it make sense using it for the re-launch.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
On friday I went to return both my Ceramic and Ti because I was intent to keep my ceramic but the watch sportband (white) that comes with the watch would not click into place on the ceramic so I ended up returning.

Today I went to buy the ceramic watch with the Alaskan sport loop. I'm completely dumbfounded that Apple requires you to return both the watch and the band if all you want was different band.

Anyways, today i opened the watch in the car and went to go my trunk to get my bands, but i forgot i had the watch on my lap when i got out of the car. The ceramic watch falls to the Asphalt which then starts to drag and my body froze in horror.

I picked up the watch, looked for any scratches, i clean up the watch and examine closely. NO SCRATCHES, NO BLEMISHES. what a sigh of relief.

Then at that moment, i realized, i made the correct choice of going with the ceramic over the Ti. The SS or the Ti might of had some permanent marks on the watch and that would of bothered me forever. That alone was worth the cost of admission for me and now I can wear my watch in peace knowing i picked the correct one.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Looking back at my band collection, I bought more bands to go with my ceramics than I did for my SBSS.
On friday I went to return both my Ceramic and Ti because I was intent to keep my ceramic but the watch sportband (white) that comes with the watch would not click into place on the ceramic so I ended up returning.

Today I went to buy the ceramic watch with the Alaskan sport loop. I'm completely dumbfounded that Apple requires you to return both the watch and the band if all you want was different band.

Anyways, today i opened the watch in the car and went to go my trunk to get my bands, but i forgot i had the watch on my lap when i got out of the car. The ceramic watch falls to the Asphalt which then starts to drag and my body froze in horror.

I picked up the watch, looked for any scratches, i clean up the watch and examine closely. NO SCRATCHES, NO BLEMISHES. what a sigh of relief.

Then at that moment, i realized, i made the correct choice of going with the ceramic over the Ti. The SS or the Ti might of had some permanent marks on the watch and that would of bothered me forever. That alone was worth the cost of admission for me and now I can wear my watch in peace knowing i picked the correct one.
wtf I just had a heart attack

• Haha
Reactions: Dammit Cubs

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
These schematics are so satisfying to look at.
[automerge]1571636098[/automerge]
I expect we never saw a Space Black Ceramic as it would look too similar to the DLC coating of the Space Black Stainless Steel. White Ceramic is a truly unique color within the entire Apple Watch line, so it make sense using it for the re-launch.
The closest thing would be the gray ceramic from S3. And white ceramic truly looks like a classic Apple product.

Reactions: bruinsrme

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
This is my return week for my Ceramic and I’m really on the fence. I also have the brushed Titanium and can’t decide on which one to keep. I really love the ceramic, but I wear a suit every day and I’m not sure there are many bands that work with different colored suits. The black Milanese loop and Black leather loop look great, but I’m not sure there are many other bands that look right with it and a suit.

The titanium on the other hand is very versatile and I have several bands that look great with it that will match many different colors of suit.

I also prefer the slightly larger size of the Ceramic as well as the uniqueness of having it. To me it’s the only watch that stands out as different, which I kind of like.

First world problems I know, but I have 3 days left to decide.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
This is my return week for my Ceramic and I’m really on the fence. I also have the brushed Titanium and can’t decide on which one to keep. I really love the ceramic, but I wear a suit every day and I’m not sure there are many bands that work with different colored suits. The black Milanese loop and Black leather loop look great, but I’m not sure there are many other bands that look right with it and a suit.

The titanium on the other hand is very versatile and I have several bands that look great with it that will match many different colors of suit.

I also prefer the slightly larger size of the Ceramic as well as the uniqueness of having it. To me it’s the only watch that stands out as different, which I kind of like.

I’d keep the Ceramic compared to the titanium. In my opinion, the only Apple Watch that compares to the Ceramic is the Hermes SS versions. Love the Hermès faces and bands so much. Good luck with your decision.

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
I like the white and black look that can be done with the ceramic. However, the sport loops are not something I fancy. The woven nylon reminds me more of a NATO strap which I like for my regular watches.

Managed to score two of them on eBay. They both look new, so I’m pretty happy!

063E2CFA-EE47-46AB-8DDA-DB350AF18559.png
B257A50E-35DE-4913-A367-5EF5EF944D49.png

RAMM

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2016
Chicago
I’d keep the Ceramic compared to the titanium. In my opinion, the only Apple Watch that compares to the Ceramic is the Hermes SS versions. Love the Hermès faces and bands so much. Good luck with your decision.
100% agree with this statement, which is why I'm keeping my S4 SS Hermès, as well as the S5 Ceramic (arrived today, can't wait to go get it set up)!
[automerge]1571685601[/automerge]
I like the white and black look that can be done with the ceramic. However, the sport loops are not something I fancy. The woven nylon reminds me more of a NATO strap which I like for my regular watches.

Managed to score two of them on eBay. They both look new, so I’m pretty happy!
Wow, I'll have to check out this eBay vendor and see if I can snag some of those B&W nylon bands! I'm with you, I prefer the (discontinued) woven nylon bands to the (current) sports loops, so I'm glad I bought three of the nylon bands when they were available a couple of years back.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

Personally I think you’re over thinking the situation.
As others have posted pick up some woven nylon bands on eBay.
I am not sure if you are insecure with the watch but I see people with huge silver watches that could be used as an ashtray in a pinch.
The ceramic with a blue or black band should put your fears to rest.
Very few people ask about my watch.
Honestly I wouldn’t buy the Ti.
Along with that I wouldn’t even consider returning the ceramic.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
The woven nylon bands are closer to Zulu straps than NATO because of their curved buckles.

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
The woven nylon bands are closer to Zulu straps than NATO because of their curved buckles.

Ah, well I like those too. In short I like anything except the sport loop, I love the colors they offer but the slack that hangs out on the one side of the band looks terrible.

I bought a purple and green nike one, but returned it quickly.

Maybe, just maybe I would consider the white nike sport loop, but only so I don't get hit by bad drivers on my morning walks :)

Reactions: Strangedream

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I have a question. Is the back of the ceramic watch, the same as the SS watch backs ( the part that rests on your wrist)?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.