Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Got a strange email from apple. They apologized my lemon band is delayed. Why is it strange? Well then new delivery date is 3 weeks before the initial date.
[automerge]1571858861[/automerge]
@LostAggie

I just got a new charger which allows me to keep the watch on its side and the band well away from the watch. When I first got an AW (S4). I used the puck tgat cane with it which certainly caused scratches.
What charger?

_steel

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2018
Grey Sport Band (overcast day)

2829DED0-B957-46C6-BD7C-205867ADDEAA.jpeg

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
since we're on the subject of the back of the watch, I do find this ceramic model just a _little_ less interesting than the older versions (design wise)- it would have been really neat if they could have stuck with the unibody construction for the case itself, since the whole thing is already ceramic. Don't get me wrong, I'm still planning on getting the new model at some point here, but I think the old one was a little bit more impressive with the ceramic wrapping around the back more fully.

I agree with you actually. It’s a little nagging thought at the back of the mind on why they didn’t change the back black ceramic to also be white. Wasted opportunity though..

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
UPS lost my watch and now I have to wait longer :mad: So close to joining this group. Maybe we should replace UPS workers with automatons - less mistakes and automatons don't steal packages.

Losing a package doesn't always mean that it's been stolen :)
Chances are it'll turn up.

Reactions: Duncan68

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have a S4 SBSS that had some issues. I also had issues with Apple in getting it replaced. This watch has been replace since.
My wife is in MA and I am in AZ. She’s prepping the he house to sell. I flew home on short notice due to a summons from my friends wife, he has cancer and he asked if she knew if I was coming back this way.
She called and I booked the flight.
Now we know I have the S5 ceramic.
My wife didn’t know.
So Scott, when I was out there you had a black watch and the older version white watch. This white watch looks a lot like the newer watches. Can you explain this phenomena.

thoughts running through my mind;
Honey, do you want to go hiking in the mountains?

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
e42f6da0fdb4ea260e2529f3bfe48db6.jpg

Comparison of the SS and the Ceramic. Can only keep one...

First of all: I do have the ceramic now and I had a SS with link band with my AW2 back then. I do like the S5 ceramic a lot, but in your picture the SS looks MUCH better and the ceramic comically In comparison. So far the ceramic only clicks for me with the white sport band, as it flows nicely into the watch case, creating a complete look. All colored bands, especially non sport bands make the rectangular case stick out even more, while on your SS it flows better into each other. So with this band combo I would keep the SS or go white sport band on the ceramic.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008

Wow the stainless steel with link bracelet looks amazing. I do not know how it looks in person but I would certainly go steel based on this picture. The ceramic looks a bit like a toy here... I think the contrast to the grey band may be too harsh.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosegoldoli

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

I prefer the one on the left .
However if you think it’s looks like a toy you may lack the appreciation of the ceramic look.
my recommendation would keep the one of the right and enjoy it.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Several weeks later I am still in love with my AW5 Ceramic. Currently hooked on the Forrest green leather loop, but I also love wearing it with the white or red sport band, and with the SB Milanese loop. For anyone who thinks it’s too flashy, I really don’t think the average person recognizes it as a very expensive model. I’ve gotten compliments, but nobody has asked about it being ceramic. Most importantly, I love admiring it throughout the day.

I’ve accidentally hit it against doors and countertops, and so far not a single scratch. For me, it was worth the price as a luxury. Chances are I’ll get a new one in 1-2 years, but I really enjoyed treating myself to this item, and to me it was worth the price. For anyone on the fence, you only live once and it is truly gorgeous!

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
So, I was in the garage working and I had totally forgot to remove my watch while trying to cut a bolt off of a car part with an angle grinder. I did everthing else (hearing protection, eye protection), but forgot the damn watch, stupid me. My wrist was not covered by my sweatshirt, and as I looked down in horror I saw my S5 getting pelted with bits of ground off, hot metal.

I took it off a minute later and noticed these black marks on the watch now. They seem to be bits of metal that have cooled to the coating of the watch. Some cleaning spray removed the dust, but some black spots are still there.

35E66C47-AA85-4B56-B10F-36E5AB737DEC.jpeg

Does anyone know how to polish these out of the ceramic? Otherwise I’ll have to wait until I somehow damage the watch to get a new one through AC+.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
So, I was in the garage working and I had totally forgot to remove my watch while trying to cut a bolt off of a car part with an angle grinder. I did everthing else (hearing protection, eye protection), but forgot the damn watch, stupid me. My wrist was not covered by my sweatshirt, and as I looked down in horror I saw my S5 getting pelted with bits of ground off, hot metal.

I took it off a minute later and noticed these black marks on the watch now. They seem to be bits of metal that have cooled to the coating of the watch. Some cleaning spray removed the dust, but some black spots are still there.

View attachment 872447

Does anyone know how to polish these out of the ceramic? Otherwise I’ll have to wait until I somehow damage the watch to get a new one through AC+.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

View attachment 872447

Maybe this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.