Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
It may look like a plasticky white pill, but this is the BEST watch I've ever owned in my life. It's very premium. If you have the means, I highly suggest it. It is so choice. I’m staring at it now?. this is the pinnacle of the Apple Watch timepiece in late 2019/early 2020. St
Series 5 ceramic is indeed the pinnacle of the Apple Watch time peace. I have been so satisfied of my Apple Watch purchase in the past until I have this ceramic with always on display capability. Feeling so good to have this beautiful watch.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yes another one here. I went for SBSS for the series 4 to replace my Ceramic White S3 as there was no S3 ceramic. Really looking forward to my S5 Ceramic when it arrives. Trying to resist the temptation to buy loads of bands because as you guys say, it pops with virtually every colour

Last edited:
Reactions: diamornte

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
Because, like many people the when the band came out many people didn't appreciate it and when they realized how nice of a band it was, it was gone. It reminds them of their errs

This has happened to me several times.
This also has happened to me several times. I believe it is because of our human nature, always taking something for granted then when we lose it, we regret it.

Reactions: bruinsrme

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
I’m just gonna say it one more time, I’m disappointed that Apple didn’t give us the gray ceramic this year. I have to agree with what someone else said, I like the white ceramic material, (we all know it’s durable and has a nice weight), but it does look like it’s a plasticky watch. Hopefully they re-introduce the gray ceramic next year. FTR, I’m not ‘knocking’ the white ceramic, just pointing out my observations.
I understand your disappointment. Let us hope gray ceramic will be made next year as I plan to upgrade my ceramic next year. Having white and gray will be perfect, although my preference is white. Ceramic weight is lighter than SS. I was using it when I was working out. It felt more comfortable than gold SS when I had it. I love the feeling.

Last edited:

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
It is great Apple has so many versions now, I’m a huge fan of White Ceramic, SBSS and also now the Ti, I’m not a fan of any of the gold iterations or Al.

Simply personal preference, it’s great for the masses to have choice.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
This thread makes me second guess my SBSS. Damn.
It should.
the ceramic is a unique watch.
I like my S4 SBSS but the ceramic is that much more to me.
Treat yourself but beware you’ll end up buying more bands because the white makes it very easy and fun to match
[automerge]1569598537[/automerge]
It is great Apple has so many versions now, I’m a huge fan of White Ceramic, SBSS and also now the Ti, I’m not a fan of any of the gold iterations or Al.

Simply personal preference, it’s great for the masses to have choice.
If there was a TI in stock I would have snagged one yesterday.
I wish ceramic owners could purchase the Nike faces
[automerge]1569598624[/automerge]
Yes another one here. I went for SBSS for the series 4 to replace my Ceramic White S3 as there was no S3 ceramic. Really looking forward to my S5 Ceramic when it arrives. Trying to resist the temptation to buy loads of bands because as you guys say, it pops with virtually every colour
I am 3 bands in and it hasn’t even arrived.

Reactions: diamornte

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Series 5 ceramic is indeed the pinnacle of the Apple Watch time peace. I have been so satisfied of my Apple Watch purchase in the past until I have this ceramic with always on display capability. Feeling so good to have this beautiful watch.
Many people dismiss the ceramic, probably due to the price.
I love the series 3 but when I put the seriea 5 on the right wrist and the 3 on the left, I was disgusted that Apple lored me into temptation.
[automerge]1569598823[/automerge]

[automerge]1569598854[/automerge]
It’s been sitting at customs for 2 days, grrrrrr

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I also have an Series 4 SS and a Series 4 SBSS.
I am tempted to sell the SS but I think I will just end up convincing myself to buy another SS later in the year.
I saw one yesterday sell for $450. Net of like $420 after shipping and fees... plus the worry of someone filing a PayPal claim.
My wife thinks I'm an idiot with 2 watches and the 3rd is the cherry on top.

Trying to decide if I am keeping all 3.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
sell it on ebay for like $4-500?

He might get $400 if he sold it with the band and the charger. Net of $350 after shipping and fees
$300 without the band and charger. Net of $260 after shipping and fees.

I wouldn't want to give up the band and charger at this point..... then at $260.... Is it even worth selling. He would still need to include some band and a brick charger.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
It’s killing me. No update for 2 days. Grrrr

Attachments

• 687690C1-7BFD-4ABB-85BC-8156B1CEC530.jpeg
    687690C1-7BFD-4ABB-85BC-8156B1CEC530.jpeg
    618.1 KB · Views: 149

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
He might get $400 if he sold it with the band and the charger. Net of $350 after shipping and fees

I wouldn't want to give up the band and charger at this point..... then at $260.... Is it even worth selling. He would still need to include some band and a brick charger.

He can sell it without and disclose as such, but yeah the hit on the resale on these is a lot. I would probably sell it anyway though, if you aren't going to use it.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC

I’m with you on the band and charger.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
It’s killing me. No update for 2 days. Grrrr
Two days delay happened to me early this week before moving on. I know how you feel. I kept checking my UPS choice frequently. My watch finally moved on the day before yesterday when I got it. It was frustrating days. The wait is worth it and you will overjoy when you receive it ?

Reactions: bruinsrme

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
One thing I notice that since I am wearing my ceramic, people around me become noticing that I indeed am wearing an Apple Watch. It might be due to the white color stands up compared to other Apple Watch type and color, which showing AW shape so obvious. I even got compliments. In the past, while I was wearing SBSS or Gold SS, nobody noticed. I suspect so many people are wearing Apple Watch these days with common watch colors such as black, silver or gold, these colors become so common and nobody really pays any attention to AW like the unique white ceramic. I am wearing it now with pride and so anyone who has it should wear it with pride too.

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
For those upgrading from the S3 Ceramic, what are you doing with your S3?

I gave it to my gf last year, she alternates now with her S5 Gray Al.
One thing I notice that since I am wearing my ceramic, people around me become noticing that I indeed am wearing an Apple Watch. It might be due to the white color stands up compared to other Apple Watch type and color, which showing AW shape so obvious. I even got compliments. In the past, while I was wearing SBSS or Gold SS, nobody noticed. I suspect so many people are wearing Apple Watch these days with common watch colors such as black, silver or gold, these colors become so common and nobody really pays any attention to AW like the unique white ceramic. I am wearing it now with pride and so anyone who has it should wear it with pride too.

The majority I see with them have a gray Al. It’a rare for me to see a SS and I’ve never seen anyone else with a Ceramic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.