Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justinahern

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
CT
Looks like mine is somehow shipping from Alaska to Connecticut overnight :0 It now just arrived in Louisville and has updated delivery for today 9/26. I’ll be amazed if it actually moves that quick.

Ethan Coohill

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
Denver
Mine apparently went from China, to CO, to Louisville KY. It says it is in transit to Louisville KY today, but also supposed to be deliverer today? Shipped Monday, original delivery date was Monday 9/30.

Justinahern

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
CT
774595BD-5352-4EAD-9A25-088F74523BD8.jpeg
3CCA26D9-EBC7-460D-B68B-63F7D0B8C36F.jpeg

It’s perfect. Personally think it looks nice as hell with any of the leather loops and many of the woven nylon bands. Going to search for a white woven nylon with the white ends that slide/attach to match the watch.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
View attachment 863906 View attachment 863907

It’s perfect. Personally think it looks nice as hell with any of the leather loops and many of the woven nylon bands. Going to search for a white woven nylon with the white ends that slide/attach to match the watch.
Thank you for showing the beautiful ceramic. I just got it today too with anchor gray sport loop. I do not post any pictures online for security and privacy reasons. Some elements in any digital pictures are traceable to where they are taken.

Last edited:

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
This thread makes me second guess my SBSS. Damn.

Between Ceramic and SBSS I don't think you can go wrong, I love both of them and kept my S4 SBSS.

I'm debating getting the Hermes Single Loop Black band, it looks spectacular with the SBSS and I think it would look awesome with the White Ceramic as well.

johnasch

Suspended
Sep 13, 2019
Toronto
I'm really thinking about it, the only downside is that they're shipping for late October here in Canada, so I'd be well past my return date for my SBSS model. If I bought both I don't think I could enjoy either, since my wife would most likely kill me.

Reactions: gymratjudy

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I'm really thinking about it, the only downside is that they're shipping for late October here in Canada, so I'd be well past my return date for my SBSS model. If I bought both I don't think I could enjoy either, since my wife would most likely kill me.
Remember that dates come forward. Apple are very conservative with dates. My shipping date was 14th-21st October but its arriving on the 30th September. If you order now, you will have it in a fortnight. Return your watch and order the Ceramic :)

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
To think that ceramic or even stainless steel haven't been available in The Netherlands since Series 3 due to lack of cellular support... Ceramic looks beautiful, it's the only version I want. Wish I could see them in stores.

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
Remember that dates come forward. Apple are very conservative with dates. My shipping date was 14th-21st October but its arriving on the 30th September. If you order now, you will have it in a fortnight. Return your watch and order the Ceramic :)

Yup, first rule of supply chain, under promise, over deliver. The rule I've always worked with is take your most conservative estimate and add a week when giving an availability date.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
I know what you mean. To me, if someone budget allows to get the ceramic, get it. It is the most beautifully made AW series 5. Live and enjoy life for today because we do not know if we live again tomorrow. That is my motto.

This. I got it via Apple Card and now see this as a beautiful expensive symbolic shackle of debt on my wrist...Apple PWNs me. Love it - Ceramic Edition FTW

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I really like the white watch. I have nearly 40 bands and I struggle with which ones to wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Domino8282

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Been looking at discontinued bands on eBay... so many out there. The classic buckles (why the heck did Apple stop making those??), all kinds of colors for the leather loop (forest green is tempting)... good prices on second-hand link bracelets, but it’s hard to tell how beat up they are from pics...

I'm debating getting the Hermes Single Loop Black band, it looks spectacular with the SBSS and I think it would look awesome with the White Ceramic as well.

The Hermès single loops are really nice, but so expensive compared to the Apple classic buckle they used to have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.