Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah I did. Order times for the same combination remained at 3 to 4 weeks but so were many other Combinations so how you guys in the States are getting fast orders is beyond me
I think its just more flights coming to the US right now.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I think it also depends on your colour preferences. my personal feel is that the white goes well with black so maybe ok to use black bands..

here’s a few that I tried

View attachment 863371
View attachment 863372

I do like the cuff more though (from pad and quill).
Would be nice to see if anyone manages to pull off a Super cool formal look with the ceramic..
I dug this out for you. S3C with black white woven

Attachments

• 995D75CB-1693-4D53-804C-C3A807CE7B10.jpeg
    995D75CB-1693-4D53-804C-C3A807CE7B10.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 234

Justinahern

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
CT
Hi everyone - thanks for posting updates! I have been following along for the past week and really appreciate the activity on this thread... makes the time go by quicker while I wait. I ordered a S5 Ceramic with Meyer Lemon Loop the day after the keynote. It was expected to ship October 6 but ended up being sent out on the 23rd! It just cleared customs last night and departed Shanghai this morning. UPS originally had it being delivered tomorrow but it has now been changed to Monday (30th) which is also the same date that Apple is now displaying. I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing your ceramic / titanium band combinations in the meantime =)

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Hi everyone - thanks for posting updates! I have been following along for the past week and really appreciate the activity on this thread... makes the time go by quicker while I wait. I ordered a S5 Ceramic with Meyer Lemon Loop the day after the keynote. It was expected to ship October 6 but ended up being sent out on the 23rd! It just cleared customs last night and departed Shanghai this morning. UPS originally had it being delivered tomorrow but it has now been changed to Monday (30th) which is also the same date that Apple is now displaying. I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing your ceramic / titanium band combinations in the meantime =)
Mine is still preparing to ship. Been like that for over three days now. Dates for the Ceramic with Yellow Mayer storage is now December....a week longer than the other leather loops so there must be a shortage or they are in high demand...but mine has been in "Preparing to ship " mode so that means its packaged and ready to ship out

Last edited:

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
two... more... days...
Anyone have any more pics to share? Lol

Btw just curious, does anyone think the stainless steel bands go with the ceramic at all? I know a lot of people dislike that combo, but I’m trying to figure out if it’s just personal preference or if it really fundamentally clashes...

Last edited:

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Anyone recall which day of the week your watch shipped?
I wonder if ceramics are shipped in one batch.

Justinahern

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
CT
Mine is still preparing to ship. Been like that for over three days now. Dates for the Ceramic with Yellow Mayer storage is now December....a week longer than the other leather loops so there must be a shortage or they are in high demand...but mine has been in "Preparing to ship " mode so that means its packaged and ready to ship out

Well it is the most expensive (not including the ugly link bracelet) and was on display with that yellow band at the keynote, on their website, and in adverts.

Must be a much lower stock (much much lower) since demand for Editions are always lower than the cheaper aluminum. I work in retail and have not seen a single Ceramic for pickup on the East Coast =p

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Reactions: AJ44

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Well it is the most expensive (not including the ugly link bracelet) and was on display with that yellow band at the keynote, on their website, and in adverts.

Must be a much lower stock (much much lower) since demand for Editions are always lower than the cheaper aluminum. I work in retail and have not seen a single Ceramic for pickup on the East Coast =p
I wasn't able to select pick up.

oct 3 delivery Woohoo

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Mine has shipped from China and due here on Monday 🙂
[automerge]1569474366[/automerge]

Change of status at last

Last edited:

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
Thanks for posting these! The blue bands look the best imo...

I exchanged a Ti 44mm for the hospital white Ceramic 44mm and am in the midst of my new obsessive adventure of collecting matching bands - based on these pics and my own experience with my own collection, all shades of blue looks like the way to go!

Finding the Gradient watch face really looks good with the different colored straps and the Ceramic (for some reason the camera didn’t like the orange one)

View attachment 863753
Orange Sport Loop band

View attachment 863754
blue nike

View attachment 863755
blue sport loop

_steel

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2018

Paired with the Ultraviolet Sport Band

BC5C9799-F758-4803-B5A3-FDDA7651A889.jpeg

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks for posting these! The blue bands look the best imo...

I exchanged a Ti 44mm for the hospital white Ceramic 44mm and am in the midst of my new obsessive adventure of collecting matching bands - based on these pics and my own experience with my own collection, all shades of blue looks like the way to go!

Forgot about this one since I hadn’t worn it since I had the S3 White Ceramic, the Blue Leather Loop, it looks more blue in person.

67EB6D81-54D0-419C-8291-D84725687971.jpeg

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
One has shipped from China and due here on Monday 🙂

Change of status at last
Apple says oct3
ups oct1
me, hold Item at local depot
[automerge]1569477500[/automerge]
One has shipped from China and due here on Monday 🙂

Change of status at last
Apple says oct3
ups oct1
me, hold Item at local depot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.