Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Well after having the series 2 and 3 of the ceramic watches, this time I ordered another gold as I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high cost of another ceramic watch as the resale value is terrible. Now a week later after looking at this thread I have ordered a ceramic and will return my gold. Why does this thread have to exist hahaha. Shame there is now a 4 - 5 week wait ? The only store in Australia with them in stock is the sydney store but I am not prepared to pay for a flight there and back lol

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Pure evil!

Hermès Sport, Orbit/Gamma Blue, Rose Red, Ultraviolet, Flash, Celestial Teal, Hyper Grape Loop.

Attachments

• 98410F65-DFBD-421D-9E0D-BCA44EFAE3B0.jpeg
    98410F65-DFBD-421D-9E0D-BCA44EFAE3B0.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 246

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Anyone have a pic with the SB link bracelet?
2 pages prior

Reactions: Domino8282

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m just gonna say it one more time, I’m disappointed that Apple didn’t give us the gray ceramic this year. I have to agree with what someone else said, I like the white ceramic material, (we all know it’s durable and has a nice weight), but it does look like it’s a plasticky watch. Hopefully they re-introduce the gray ceramic next year. FTR, I’m not ‘knocking’ the white ceramic, just pointing out my observations.

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
Anyone have a pic with the SB link bracelet?

I just got my SB link bracelet today and it didn't seem right with the ceramic white, but to each their own...
I’m just gonna say it one more time, I’m disappointed that Apple didn’t give us the gray ceramic this year. I have to agree with what someone else said, I like the white ceramic material, (we all know it’s durable and has a nice weight), but it does look like it’s a plasticky watch. Hopefully they re-introduce the gray ceramic next year. FTR, I’m not ‘knocking’ the white ceramic, just pointing out my observations.

You could be experimental and try painting this with permanent marker? :p I'm sure someone will try painting this white thing something else and posting a future viral video of it...

It may look like a plasticky white pill, but this is the BEST watch I've ever owned in my life. It's very premium. If you have the means, I highly suggest it. It is so choice. I’m staring at it now?. I’ve owned Series 0 thru 5 and this is the pinnacle of the Apple Watch timepiece in late 2019/early 2020. Still planning on getting aluminum for the Series 6 next year. Figured I would go on a tick tick tock schedule of upgrading my Apple Watch to the nicest material. Aluminum for the rest of the iterative yearly upgrades.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBUGGY

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Your observations aren’t welcomed. So there. Lol. I wanted to like the gray but my skin tone didn’t compliment it.
I thought the same in regards to a plasticky Appearance.
But I have to say, after wearing I tolerate my S4 SBSS and moderately accept the S3 SS.
i enjoy wearing the white ceramic.

I just went through my 44 bands and was taken back by the collection. Forgot I had the black and silver Milanese, the electric blue leather, the violet and spicy orange.

For some reason I have 4 black and 3 white bands.

There is another 15 knock offs That truly feel like junk Compared to the Apple bands.
[automerge]1569561827[/automerge]
Can't believe Apple didn't include the charging dock with the series 5! In australia the watch has gone up by $300 so they could at least still include it in the box :(
Yeah i agree. Though I gave the two charging docks away it was a nice little perk.
Instead they threw in an extra band.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I just got my SB link bracelet today and it didn't seem right with the ceramic white, but to each their own...

You could be experimental and try painting this with permanent marker? :p I'm sure someone will try painting this white thing something else and posting a future viral video of it...

It may look like a plasticky white pill, but this is the BEST watch I've ever owned in my life. It's very premium. If you have the means, I highly suggest it. It is so choice. I’m staring at it now?. I’ve owned Series 0 thru 5 and this is the pinnacle of the Apple Watch timepiece in late 2019/early 2020. Still planning on getting aluminum for the Series 6 next year. Figured I would go on a tick tick tock schedule of upgrading my Apple Watch to the nicest material. Aluminum for the rest of the iterative yearly upgrades.
Hear hear!

i love to pair Up the ceramic with nice bright colors to it.
i was so friggen psyched that my wife liked the pink blast/true berry. It has similar colors as this band. I was hoping she would like it and we could wear them at the same time.
I texted her a picture. She gave it a thumbs up. When I told her I ordered one For her and I she said we can wear Matching bands.
My little gadget girl.

Attachments

• F089A9DE-9289-467D-A8A4-FE35477FDC78.jpeg
    F089A9DE-9289-467D-A8A4-FE35477FDC78.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 170
  • 63D1C452-5A30-4905-BA53-DFF28061C7CF.jpeg
    63D1C452-5A30-4905-BA53-DFF28061C7CF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
Reactions: diamornte

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
Hear hear!

i was so friggen psyched that my wife liked the pink blast/true berry. It has similar colors as this band. I was hoping she would like it and we could wear them at the same time.
I texted her a picture. She gave it a thumbs up. When I told her I ordered one For her and I she said we can wear Matching bands.
My little gadget girl.

The white really *does* go well with bright colors! Those look dope - the one on the right more so - is that berry? I wanted to order those new Nike bands, but as a color blind person, its hard to see the differences on the Apple website and app.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Your observations aren’t welcomed. So there. Lol. I wanted to like the gray but my skin tone didn’t compliment it.
I thought the same in regards to a plasticky Appearance.
But I have to say, after wearing I tolerate my S4 SBSS and moderately accept the S3 SS.
i enjoy wearing the white ceramic.

I just went through my 44 bands and was taken back by the collection. Forgot I had the black and silver Milanese, the electric blue leather, the violet and spicy orange.

For some reason I have 4 black and 3 white bands.

There is another 15 knock offs That truly feel like junk Compared to the Apple bands.
[automerge]1569561827[/automerge]

Yeah i agree. Though I gave the two charging docks away it was a nice little perk.
Instead they threw in an extra band.

i have the same thinking with you on the appearance of the other watches.. grey is totally not interesting to me and i also tolerated the SBSS S4 last year since they didnt have ceramic and i was so ready to get one haha..

i have multiple shades of blue and white.. now thinking to diversify in bright colors haha!

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I’m a big fan of the white personally. The grey was nice but I love the way the white pops. Funny thing is most people think it’s some cheap, plastic version of the watch. I don’t mind, it’s just funny.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
I truly enjoy and admire my ceramic. I had SBSS and gold SS before and by far, ceramic is the most beautiful Apple Watch has ever made. It is so gorgeous. I never feel so satisfied with my AW before. With always on display and ceramic made, AW is so a perfect true watch.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
I’m a big fan of the white personally. The grey was nice but I love the way the white pops. Funny thing is most people think it’s some cheap, plastic version of the watch. I don’t mind, it’s just funny.
Yes. Grey watch is boring to me but white watch does look beautiful and sporty.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
i have the same thinking with you on the appearance of the other watches.. grey is totally not interesting to me and i also tolerated the SBSS S4 last year since they didnt have ceramic and i was so ready to get one haha..
I am on the same boat with you. Last year, I had to get gold SS series 4 because no ceramic was manufactured and gold was a new SS color.

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
Well after having the series 2 and 3 of the ceramic watches, this time I ordered another gold as I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high cost of another ceramic watch as the resale value is terrible. Now a week later after looking at this thread I have ordered a ceramic and will return my gold. Why does this thread have to exist hahaha. Shame there is now a 4 - 5 week wait ? The only store in Australia with them in stock is the sydney store but I am not prepared to pay for a flight there and back lol
I cannot blame you on that. I had series 4 gold SS because ceramic was not made last year. The ceramic beauty supersedes gold SS and other high end AW including titanium and all SS. Thanks to Apple to bring ceramic back.
[automerge]1569583796[/automerge]
Hear hear!

i
Bright color bands do look good with white ceramic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.