Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medic

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
London, UK
I’m doing monthly on my iPhone because if you buy one annually it works out cheaper... but I haven’t decided if it’s worth getting AC+ for the watch. The ceramic already has a longer warranty... and seems hard to damage. I haven’t decided if the AC+ is worth it.
I would highly recommend AC+ for the Ceramic. The fix costs are astronomical without it...Not that it's more brittle or fragile (it's not in my experience), do check the screen repair costs. Also there is a definite "VIP" treatment for Edition owners on AC+. 24h express return is awesome. I've unfortunately had to use twice (once broken bracelet button) and another broken microphone (not sure why).

Ethan Coohill

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
Denver
I think this is a beautiful watch but do any owners ever feel that it is a little too flashy or sticks out too much for dressy occasions? I have always been able to “professionalize” the other cases with band choice.
i ordered it but have this concern.
I have this worry too, that’s why I ordered the black Hermès just in case. I feel like I’ll get sick of having a bright white watch all the time, although it is stunning. My edition arrives before my Hermès, so we will see what happens

Medic

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
London, UK
I’m doing monthly on my iPhone because if you buy one annually it works out cheaper... but I haven’t decided if it’s worth getting AC+ for the watch. The ceramic already has a longer warranty... and seems hard to damage. I haven’t decided if the AC+ is worth it.
I would highly recommend AC+ for the Ceramic. The fix costs are astronomical without it...Not thatAlso there is a definite "VIP" treatment for Edition owners on AC+. 24h express return is awesome.
[automerge]1569341676[/automerge]
I have this worry too, that’s why I ordered the black Hermès just in case. I feel like I’ll get sick of having a bright white watch all the time, although it is stunning. My edition arrives before my Hermès, so we will see what happens
For those worried about bright white...in my experience it looks awesome in all circumstances. Black suit, white shirt, ceramic white with black link looks super sharp and top class in corporate environment

Reactions: jaytee86

_steel

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2018
I think this is a beautiful watch but do any owners ever feel that it is a little too flashy or sticks out too much for dressy occasions? I have always been able to “professionalize” the other cases with band choice.
i ordered it but have this concern.

It’s about as dressy any Apple Watch. However, if that’s what you prioritize, the silver stainless, gold stainless and silver-hued titanium are probably better choices.

You are right though - the white ceramic is probably the flashiest among the various Apple Watch case iterations.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have crossed all of you off my Christmas list. Because I’m broke!

Attachments

• 626D51B3-5086-457C-8BA0-44EEA63FBDD1.jpeg
    626D51B3-5086-457C-8BA0-44EEA63FBDD1.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 267

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
You are right though - the white ceramic is probably the flashiest among the various Apple Watch case iterations.
It’s all subjective but I felt it was the least flashy when I tried it on. It’s white so it’s more casual than the darker colours and reminds me of a G-Shock sort of style. It’s a nice looking watch but not one I could wear every day and especially as I wear a suit to work. Just my opinion though, others may disagree.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I have crossed all of you off my Christmas list. Because I’m broke!
I am such an idiot that I didn't even know this was an option. I thought the Ceramic was locked out of Sport bands.

The Midnight Blue loop I ordered will be OK. I did order Sunday night and now have delivery scheduled for Friday... So 5 day turn around works.

Reactions: bruinsrme

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I am such an idiot that I didn't even know this was an option. I thought the Ceramic was locked out of Sport bands.

The Midnight Blue loop I ordered will be OK. I did order Sunday night and now have delivery scheduled for Friday... So 5 day turn around works.
Are the bands in a retail box?

you ordered this last Sunday?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Are the bands in a retail box?

you ordered this last Sunday?
I think the bands are in a cardboard colored box.

Yes order 2 days ago when it said Oct 2,3rd in the US.

It departed China last night and UPS says Friday

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Mine is currently in Alaska making the trek over... I’ve watched every YouTube video featuring the ceramic at least 5 times lol. Sadly, I’m sure the novelty will wear off 3-4 days after I get it, but oh well.

same for me watching videos even after unboxing mine. Apple unboxings are really nice to watch, especially for the white ceramic haha!

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Mine is currently in Alaska making the trek over... I’ve watched every YouTube video featuring the ceramic at least 5 times lol. Sadly, I’m sure the novelty will wear off 3-4 days after I get it, but oh well.
I am on the same plane in Alaska

Reactions: Domino8282

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I believe that the edition models get some special watch faces. Just watched a video of a french guy unboxing the ceramic. The boxes and packaging are the same for all watches now
Not quite, on the Hermès the outer wrapper is an actual box.

Reactions: xraydoc

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
I sort of loved-hated my S5 ceramic and decided to return it.

It feels premium and looks gorgeous when you hold it up close because it is heavy and shiny, very reminiscent of stormtroopers or retro sci-fi which I love. But from a distance it looks like one of those toy you get from a capsule machine, especially if you have tiny wrists like me and have to get the 40mm. It gets even worse when you pair the watch with the white hospital admission band - I mean sport band.

Also dressing up formally with a cermic AW is a hit or miss, and finding a good strap to match it can be hard.

Reactions: LostAggie

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
me too! coming from a SBSS series 4 :)

Just kept having the feeling that black wasn't my fav colour... Super love it now with the ceramic!

i said no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

then I put it on one wrist and the S3C on the other.
then it turned to dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit
Oct 15-22

• Love
Reactions: jaytee86

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
IMO, if the ceramic watch is ever too flashy for a dressy occasion, I don't think any model of apple watch is going to fix that.

See, I see a smart watch is being something you can really dress up or down (Being it’s not just mechanical watch for example). The ceramic Apple Watch is unique, because it’s a white casing, versus stainless, which is much easier pair with bands. But the point is, there are millionaire executives who wear the aluminum Apple Watch with a suit, it depends how you Pair it with what band. Any model Apple Watch can be dressed up or down. In the end, it’s just a smart watch made of silicon and metal, not a classic time piece.

Reactions: stringbeanie

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
i said no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

then I put it on one wrist and the S3C on the other.
then it turned to dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit
Oct 15-22

and when u get it it's gonna be YES YES YES haha!

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I sort of loved-hated my S5 ceramic and decided to return it.

It feels premium and looks gorgeous when you hold it up close because it is heavy and shiny, very reminiscent of stormtroopers or retro sci-fi which I love. But from a distance it looks like one of those toy you get from a capsule machine, especially if you have tiny wrists like me and have to get the 40mm. It gets even worse when you pair the watch with the white hospital admission band - I mean sport band.

Also dressing up formally with a cermic AW is a hit or miss, and finding a good strap to match it can be hard.

I think it also depends on your colour preferences. my personal feel is that the white goes well with black so maybe ok to use black bands..

here’s a few that I tried

8E45A3BC-2E5A-4FBB-B2A5-C42005153741.jpeg

F65D3C69-FB51-42B6-8988-3DE782C8FCE7.jpeg

I do like the cuff more though (from pad and quill).
Would be nice to see if anyone manages to pull off a Super cool formal look with the ceramic..

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I think it also depends on your colour preferences. my personal feel is that the white goes well with black so maybe ok to use black bands..

here’s a few that I tried

View attachment 863371
View attachment 863372

I do like the cuff more though (from pad and quill).
Would be nice to see if anyone manages to pull off a Super cool formal look with the ceramic..

I wasn't a fan of the storm trooper look and why I haven't purchased the link, plus the weight.
My least favorite band colors are Yellow, black leather, white, the black with white holes nike, pink sand, black sports band and the pride band (surely not for what it stands for).

If I have a special occasion I will use a third party band to match the shirt.

I like the sport loops.

I like the woven nylon black and gray band. The subtlety of the various shades is nice.

For some reason I don't think a lot of people notice the ceramic. Perhaps it makes us a little more subconscious that we are wearing it.

I worked in an apple store. It was well into the shift before someone noticed I was wearing a ceramic model.

Formal look: Like I said a band to match the shirt and/or tie and you'll be set.

[automerge]1569382840[/automerge]
Prepping to ship woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.