Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
What apple products? I only own a ipad pro currently. Other than other family members. Like I said, stop arguing with everyone that doesn't agree with you. You are the one that has a history here with that. Not me.
I still stand by that you have agenda here.....you have an axe to grind with samsung for some reason. No one here has seen you here before except to post negative things about Samsung.
All anyone has to do is look at your post history. The majority is throwing shade at Samsung.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sure I do. You seem to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you. I owned more android than you and my s22 ultra still doing well.
LOL i have owned every major Android flagship phone. I have years of posting that info here on MR. I doubt very very much you have owned more Android devices than me.
I think you mistake attacking with calling you out on your BS...

My S22U.... So lets see yous too...

Attachments

• PXL_20221008_215944873.jpg
    PXL_20221008_215944873.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: aggie99

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
I still stand by that you have agenda here.....you have an axe to grind with samsung for some reason. No one here has seen you here before except to post negative things about Samsung.
All anyone has to do is look at your post history. The majority is throwing shade at Samsung.
Yeah, I have an agenda against Samsung. But, I own a new Samsung fridge, a new Samsung dishwasher, s22 ultra, Galaxy watch 4 classic. And their headphones. Lol. Keep making up stuff.

Reactions: bc 08

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
And majority see you against apple. So, what does that tell ya and others? Enough said. I won't continue this childish bickering with you like you do with others.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
LOL i have owned every major Android flagship phone. I have years of posting that info here on MR. I doubt very very much you have owned more Android devices than me.
I think you mistake attacking with calling you out on your BS...

My S22U.... So lets see yous too...
Lol

9d400d17d99761da4a0f18b40a0b472d.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
And majority see you against apple. So, what does that tell ya and others? Enough said. I won't continue this childish bickering with you like you do with others.
Really? Against Apple hahaha lol Just look at my post history dude....Its all pro Apple. I have the 14 Pro Max thanos and an AW Ultra as my daily combo. I have repeatedly said as much here multiple times. I am in the iPhone threads extolling the virtues of Apple products I own.
But I am also not against calling people out for their brand bias. I am not against showing how Apple is not perfect by a long shot. .no company is....I can call out my favorite brand's design and failures without it affecting how I feel about the products I buy.

Reactions: aggie99

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yeah, I have an agenda against Samsung. But, I own a new Samsung fridge, a new Samsung dishwasher, s22 ultra, Galaxy watch 4 classic. And their headphones. Lol. Keep making up stuff.
Look at your post history...the biggest percentage is in the Samsung threads throwing shade. I will put my post history up against yours any day...... I am pretty even with my praise for Apple and calling them out against obvious trollers to show how Apple has done what they claim Samsung has done. I have had every iPhone since the first one and upgrade every year. i use my iPhone as my daily driver more than my Android phones.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Really? Against Apple hahaha lol Just look at my post history dude....Its all pro Apple. I have the 14 Pro Max thanos and an AW Ultra as my daily combo. I have repeatedly said as much here multiple times. I am in the iPhone threads extolling the virtues of Apple products I own.
But I am also not against calling people out for their brand bias. I am not against showing how Apple is not perfect by a long shot. .no company is....I can call out my favorite brand's design and failures without it affecting how I feel about the products I buy.
Not per what I've seen. You've already attacked 3 of 4 people in this thread alone. Like I said. Enough said. The posts speak the truth. Have a good weekend.

And all my posts I did were factual from real experience I've posted.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not per what I've seen. You've already attacked 3 of 4 people in this thread alone. Like I said. Enough said. The posts speak the truth. Have a good weekend.

And all my posts I did were factual from real experience I've posted.
Naw you're not being attacked if you're motives are called out. But I can see why you don't want that exposed.

Truth is I have a great post history in this section and in the iPhone and AW threads.
I don't have a brand bias but have no issues call out those that have an agenda.

Reactions: Vegastouch

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Shame on Samsung for taking some of his Samsung phones back then ghosting him. Basically destroying evidence but luckily he had more Samsung phones with the same issue.

Lastly shame on some of the other tech journalists who witnessed the same phenomenon but never talked about it because they were afraid Samsung would blacklist them and not send them review units in the future.
Yep, it's all about getting free stuff to put on your YouTube channel to make money with views. Nobody has any integrity anymore. It's me,me,me! Good on the guy who exposed them.

Reactions: jamezr

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
My old Samsung is starting to leak from the bulging battery now too. Dangerous situation. Samsung should really acknowledge the issue and do something about it. I can’t recommend any Samsung to family anymore.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Seems its the older Samsung phones? Didnt the S9's start catching on fire or was it the 7's that started it? Regardless ive had both and Wife still has a S9 and no issues there.

Ive never had an issue with a SS phone or Tablet in that regard.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Naw you're not being attacked if you're motives are called out. But I can see why you don't want that exposed.

Truth is I have a great post history in this section and in the iPhone and AW threads.
I don't have a brand bias but have no issues call out those that have an agenda.
I vouch for jamezr. Dude buys seemingly every new phone that comes out,.... no only Apple. A handfull of people here do that so he isnt just a Android or Apple guy and why i like this section.

I dont go anywhere else in this forum as i dont have any Apple products any longer but this section of the forum is informative and busy, though it used to be busier.

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
Seems its the older Samsung phones? Didnt the S9's start catching on fire or was it the 7's that started it? Regardless ive had both and Wife still has a S9 and no issues there.

Ive never had an issue with a SS phone or Tablet in that regard.
It is as recent as Fold 2. Battery bulging on those means no repair. I wonder if Samsung is purposely doing this to force people to buy new phones. Shady business practice.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I'd guess if other brands sold as many phones as Samsung, there'd be more of those brands represented.

That said, Mum's old S7 has swollen, but my old S7 edge I gave her hasn't.

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
I never had this battery bulge happen on any Samsung device. I still have my Note 4, Note 4 Edge, S7 Edge, Note 9 (still using), Note 10+ which I have two of, still using one, the other cracked screen, S10+ which I have 4 of and using two of them today.

Edit: The only time I had batteries bulge was when I had bought off brand batteries such as batteries for a Nikon camera or as in the case of the Note 4/Note 4 Edge, I had purchased some extra batteries that turned out to be fakes and they bulged.

Last edited:

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

The Verge is confirming it is a Samsung only issue. This is huge if a big tech news site like the Verge is also picking it up.

You can’t ignore exploding/bulging Samsung batteries because it’s real now. No matter how much Samsung lovers want to deflect.
No the Verge is largely reiterating and in some case wrongly the previous tech reviewer erroneous storage findings :rolleyes:

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
No the Verge is largely reiterating and in some case wrongly the previous tech reviewer erroneous storage findings :rolleyes:
Unfortunately this is just your opinion. Facts were already stated above. The tech reviewer was backed up by multiple publications.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
This thread is the reason why I never charge my phone past 80%. In fact if i'm watching it, I take the battery to 70%. Going to 100% creates a ton of heat and stresses the battery.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Unfortunately this is just your opinion. Facts were already stated above. The tech reviewer was backed up by multiple publications.
Nothing unfortunate at all and they are all facts based on the so called evidence as you call it

Facts:

1. At 45 second he admits phones had been powered down and hardly used in years other than on a couple of occasion when he compared them. This is outside guidelines of storage for most OEM's who recommend storing and maintaining charge at 50%
  2. At 1 min 14 seconds he admits he has stored them over the recommended 35C temperature again outside OEM guidelines
  3. Again at 1 min 42 seconds he shows his email noting he exceeded temperature's and that all phones were old and out of warranty
  4. He also showed no emails or correspondence that involved a NDA and only verbally said they insisted they pick them up
  5. At 9 min 5 seconds now comes his mixed findings and the 40% or more including Dave2d that it happens to other brands
  6. 9 mins 10 seconds 60% mostly said it happen happened to Samsung Phones (not all)
  7. 9 min 30 seconds he notes these issues can be on any phones
  8. 9 mins and 40 seconds he notes in his sample size and of others the problem seems worse with Samsung phones
  9. and finally 9 mins and 43 second he surmises there is no need to panic and notes correct storage procedures should be followed

So I have no idea how or why you are managing to misunderstand or wrongly portray the facts from the so call evidence you reference :rolleyes:

Everyone with a bit of common sense including other reviewers note that there is something odd why Samsung phones seem more susceptible to being stored incorrectly or unused for long periods

But what you come up with is just false rhetoric

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
Nothing unfortunate at all and they are all facts based on the so called evidence as you call it

Facts:

1. At 45 second he admits phones had been powered down and hardly used in years other than on a couple of occasion when he compared them. This is outside guidelines of storage for most OEM's who recommend storing and maintaining charge at 50%
  2. At 1 min 14 seconds he admits he has stored them over the recommended 35C temperature again outside OEM guidelines
  3. Again at 1 min 42 seconds he shows his email noting he exceeded temperature's and that all phones were old and out of warranty
  4. He also showed no emails or correspondence that involved a NDA and only verbally said they insisted they pick them up
  5. At 9 min 5 seconds now comes his mixed findings and the 40% or more including Dave2d that it happens to other brands
  6. 9 mins 10 seconds 60% mostly said it happen happened to Samsung Phones (not all)
  7. 9 min 30 seconds he notes these issues can be on any phones
  8. 9 mins and 40 seconds he notes in his sample size and of others the problem seems worse with Samsung phones
  9. and finally 9 mins and 43 second he surmises there is no need to panic and notes correct storage procedures should be followed

So I have no idea how or why you are managing to misunderstand or wrongly portray the facts from the so call evidence you reference :rolleyes:

Everyone with a bit of common sense including other reviewers note that there is something odd why Samsung phones seem more susceptible to being stored incorrectly or unused for long periods

But what you come up with is just false rhetoric
All of your points are inaccurate. None of the time stamps mentioned what you posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.