Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Plenty of reputable people have came forward about this being a Samsung only issue. It doesn’t matter if other devices were witnessed to have it because it’s a sample size of one. Samsung bulging battery has a huge sample size so you can draw conclusions that Samsung batteries are bad news.
My stepson is on his third iPhone 13. First two were replaced due to bulging battery. Actually, the second phone they just replaced the battery. The first phone, the battery had swelled too much and damaged other components so it was replaced with an entirely new unit.

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
The Verge is investigating the Samsung bulge now as well. Looks like it is a wide spread Samsung only issue.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
The Verge is investigating the Samsung bulge now as well. Looks like it is a wide spread Samsung only issue.
So based on what scant real information we have your are now suggesting that the +40% who said it happens to multiple devices like Dave2d are lying ?

Given these so call expert tech reviewers obviously do not know how to care for unused devices I am not surprised their are others regardless of OEM's

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Wow this guys Apple Watch exploded because the battery expanded. Sent him to the ER!
Apple admitted it and is investigating

WOW this is a surprise and if leads to a FAA ban could be serious for Apple

This is the bit I do not like "Apple also attempted to coerce the user into staying silent and not sharing the story"

smoking Apple watch 7.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
WOW this is a surprise and if leads to a FAA ban could be serious for Apple

This is the bit I do not like "Apple also attempted to coerce the user into staying silent and not sharing the story"

View attachment 2089396
I know they tried to get him to sign an NDA and not tell anyone about it! WOW can you imagine the trolls in this thread if Samsung tried to do that?

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I know they tried to get him to sign an NDA and not tell anyone about it! WOW can you imagine the trolls in this thread if Samsung tried to do that?
Funny Apple said we are investigating yet someone made a song and dance about this with Samsung and yourself LOL

Well as Apple noted only a limited number of Mac 15" were affected.

If this is all it took to get them banned then AW 7 could well be on it's way, hopefully its an isolated case, but you never know with Apple

Interestingly there was a court case that was dropped on swelling AW batteries as the judge kicked out most of the claims, so it went no further. Maybe that was early warning signs that have been swept under the carpet.

Reactions: jamezr

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019

Samsung and probably other companies have done this as well. Samsung does it on their refrigerator line with the ice maker and cooling issues they have. When they told me that I flat out refused. Lol

Reactions: bc 08

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Samsung and probably other companies have done this as well. Samsung does it on their refrigerator line with the ice maker and cooling issues they have. When they told me that I flat out refused. Lol
Think you are completely missing the point here :rolleyes:

Refrigerators and ice makers are likely only banned from flights as the exceed cabin baggage allowance not because they caught fire like this AW7

NDA request on a HSE issue is extremely worrying

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
oh sure you got a source to prove that? Now you are starting to reach here aren't you. I mean we are talking about lithium ION batteries in cell phones and wearables. Not sure a refrigerator falls into the wearable section lol

Then imagine if that Apple Watch had exploded on that man's wrist!

Makes you wonder how many times this kind of thing happens and Apple just has people sign an NDA?

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Think you are completely missing the point here :rolleyes:

Refrigerators and ice makers are likely only banned from flights as the exceed cabin baggage allowance not because they caught fire like this AW7

NDA request on a HSE issue is extremely worrying
No, you are. I was replying to him regarding Samsung trying to hush people for not spreading the issue. Maybe you should read more.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
oh sure you got a source to prove that? Now you are starting to reach here aren't you. I mean we are talking about lithium ION batteries in cell phones and wearables. Not sure a refrigerator falls into the wearable section lol

Then imagine if that Apple Watch had exploded on that man's wrist!

Makes you wonder how many times this kind of thing happens and Apple just has people sign an NDA?
The point is, Samsung still trying to hush people for issues they are having, especially batteries or refrigerator issues. Their fridge issue is a very big issue and a big lawsuit happening currently for it. Flooding peoples houses is a big issue.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
The point is, Samsung still trying to hush people for issues they are having, especially batteries or refrigerator issues. Their fridge issue is a very big issue and a big lawsuit happening currently for it. Flooding peoples houses is a big issue.
lol omg you just don't see the hypocrisy of you.......
Everything you say Samsung has done...... Apple has also done. Yet your blind brand loyalty will not let you see the parallels.
Myself and others have provided enough proof in this thread yet you keep bringing up Samsung bad acts.....yet you ignore the overwhelming evidence that Apple has done and is doing the same thing.

I guess an Apple Watch exploding on someone's wrist is the same as a leaking refrigerator....

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
No, you are. I was replying to him regarding Samsung trying to hush people for not spreading the issue. Maybe you should read more.
so show us some proof. Show some proof to show what you said here. because we have shown recent customer quote that Apple tried to cover up his exploding Apple Watch. His direct statement that Apple wanted him to sign an NDA to never tell anyone about his exploding AW.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Nope as already noted several time about staying on topic now by another miracle you have personal involvement on 2 other issues not even related to mobile devices let alone with batteries or catching fire like this AW7, very strange coincidences indeed

Any other random issue you want to add in as it seems you are the most unlucky person I know on buying one particular brand :rolleyes:

Perhaps you have an oil rig or tanker made by Samsung that's gone wrong too ? ...... let us know LOL

Ameenkhanna

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
I have samsung S20 from last year and i found no any battery issue I just like the mobile and recommended to others...

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I have samsung S20 from last year and i found no any battery issue I just like the mobile and recommended to others...
Seems like the issue is on batteries on units that are left unused for years, not batteries on units that are actively used.

It also shows how many freebies these YouTubers are getting, and how they don’t even use them. 😂

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
lol omg you just don't see the hypocrisy of you.......
Everything you say Samsung has done...... Apple has also done. Yet your blind brand loyalty will not let you see the parallels.
Myself and others have provided enough proof in this thread yet you keep bringing up Samsung bad acts.....yet you ignore the overwhelming evidence that Apple has done and is doing the same thing.

I guess an Apple Watch exploding on someone's wrist is the same as a leaking refrigerator....
I never said apple didn't do it. In fact if you read what I said, I said and other companies. It's not just Samsung or Apple. I think you are getting me confused with the other guy. I'm not blind for any brand either.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
so show us some proof. Show some proof to show what you said here. because we have shown recent customer quote that Apple tried to cover up his exploding Apple Watch. His direct statement that Apple wanted him to sign an NDA to never tell anyone about his exploding AW.
Sure. FB group. Many in that group show it.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I never said apple didn't do it. In fact if you read what I said, I said and other companies. It's not just Samsung or Apple. I think you are getting me confused with the other guy. I'm not blind for any brand either.
right....then if we all look at your post history will we see you calling out Apple for the battery issues in the iPhone threads? I didn't think so.....you have a brand bias and we all can see it to be honest here.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sure. FB group. Many in that group show it.

I hope Samsung gets all the bad press and penalties they deserve for that issue.

But in all due respects this thread exists just to throw shade at Samsung. But ignores the same exact issues with Apple.
The thread starter and you........are not regulars here in the Alt section. You only come here to throw shade at Apple competitors. That is pretty sad to be honest. Does it make you feel better about your Apple products?

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
right....then if we all look at your post history will we see you calling out Apple for the battery issues in the iPhone threads? I didn't think so.....you have a brand bias and we all can see it to be honest here.

Sure I do. You seem to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you. I owned more android than you and my s22 ultra still doing well.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
I hope Samsung gets all the bad press and penalties they deserve for that issue.

But in all due respects this thread exists just to throw shade at Samsung. But ignores the same exact issues with Apple.
The thread starter and you........are not regulars here in the Alt section. You only come here to throw shade at Apple competitors. That is pretty sad to be honest. Does it make you feel better about your Apple products?
What apple products? I only own a ipad pro currently. Other than other family members. Like I said, stop arguing with everyone that doesn't agree with you. You are the one that has a history here with that. Not me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.