Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Need honest opinions. Does this watch look too big on me?
8ea96ea0acb5905cbaa3a620bbb3bdb1.jpg
31daf6c7466f6f146e4622723452c03a.jpg
3899cd52de2a824b77354df3fcca2746.jpg
Does this make me look fat? Do not ever say yes....

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
For those of you who back up your photos with google photos can someone explain one thing.

When you set google photos to auto sync your camera roll pics are automatically backed up. However if you delete a picture from your Samsung Gallery, will it delete it from your google photos as well?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
For those of you who back up your photos with google photos can someone explain one thing.

When you set google photos to auto sync your camera roll pics are automatically backed up. However if you delete a picture from your Samsung Gallery, will it delete it from your google photos as well?
No. Google photos is separate to your camera roll. Just make sure you open Google photos first to sync. It might be set to auto buy as far as I know, you still have to open the app for the sync to happen.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
No. Google photos is separate to your camera roll. Just make sure you open Google photos first to sync. It might be set to auto buy as far as I know, you still have to open the app for the sync to happen.
the app is set to sync.

So if I want to delete a photo from my google photos I have to delete it from the actual google photos app? It's not like iCloud for example when you delete a photo from your camera roll it deletes it from your cloud as well as it mirrors it?
However when you delete a photo from google photos I noticed that it removed from your camera roll so I am confused.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
the app is set to sync.

So if I want to delete a photo from my google photos I have to delete it from the actual google photos app? It's not like iCloud for example when you delete a photo from your camera roll it deletes it from your cloud as well as it mirrors it?
However when you delete a photo from google photos I noticed that it removed from your camera roll so I am confused.
I don't have the phone so I can't remember exactly how it works. There's 2 ways of deleting from Google photos. One will remove it from Google and the other Google and the camera roll.

Buy like I said, make sure you open Google photos for the sync to take place before deleting from the camera roll.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
the app is set to sync.

If you have Google Photos set to sync you don't need to open the app for it to sync on Android, you do on IOS.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
If you have Google Photos set to sync you don't need to open the app for it to sync on Android, you do on IOS.
I just tested that out and was surprised to find pics had already synced. Sometimes though, it definitely doesn’t start syncing until I open the Google photos app.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
My friend recently got a new android phone, Samsung s10e, and wondering how to have a text alert stay on the screen or have a light on the phone like her previous Samsung phone please?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Yes google photos on android syncs seamlessly in the background.
What about deleting?

If you want to delete photos from google photos does it delete automatically if you remove it from your S10's phone gallery or do you have to delete through the google photos app manually?
[doublepost=1559430189][/doublepost]
What about when deleting photos?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
What about deleting?

If you want to delete photos from google photos does it delete automatically if you remove it from your S10's phone gallery or do you have to delete through the google photos app manually?
[doublepost=1559430189][/doublepost]
What about when deleting photos?
Once backed up to Google photos, pics will stay there until you delete them from Google photos. Take a random pic and test it yourself.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Once backed up to Google photos, pics will stay there until you delete them from Google photos. Take a random pic and test it yourself.
Yes that’s exactly how it works. I’ve got all kinds of junk in my google photos library because it just stays there unless you delete it. Some of them are accidental screen shots. I’ve never curated my google photos library I’ve always used it as a secondary back up even when I was on android.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Need honest opinions. Does this watch look too big on me?

Nope, not at all.

I picked up a Gear 3 Frontier 46mm last month when they were on sale at Best Buy.

I love this watch way more than the Apple Watch I used to have. I prefer the functions much more on the Gear 3.

The reason, outside of price, that I got the Gear 3 instead of the Galaxy Watch, was because Samsung didn't include MST for mobile payments in the Galaxy Watch. Really stupid for them to leave out, especially since they own the tech.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Nope, not at all.

I picked up a Gear 3 Frontier 46mm last month when they were on sale at Best Buy.

I love this watch way more than the Apple Watch I used to have. I prefer the functions much more on the Gear 3.

The reason, outside of price, that I got the Gear 3 instead of the Galaxy Watch, was because Samsung didn't include MST for mobile payments in the Galaxy Watch. Really stupid for them to leave out, especially since they own the tech.

This is why I kept my Gear 3 Frontier. And it just got the One UI update several days ago.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I used to alternate every year between Apple and Samsung but that stopped in 2014 after my last Android phone (Galaxy S5). I went from my iPhone 5s to the S5 and then to the 6+ and since then it’s been all iPhones for me. But for the first time in five years I’m interested in giving Android and Samsung another shot (I also owned the S1 and S3 at certain points). I love my iPhone X but let’s face it, 2018 was a lackluster and lazy upgrade for the iPhone and 2019 is also setting up for disappointment. So now I look at 2020 and that’ll be THREE YEARS since I got a new phone? I’ve never gone that long like I said I used to every year and sometimes multiple times within a year.

With that said I’m looking at the S10e. It looks like a great device, not too big and a good price for what you get. However I will wait just a little bit longer before I pull the trigger, say it drops a couple hundred more dollars. Right now it’s $750 for the 128 and $850 for the 256. I want the 256 so if I can get it for a little closer to $600-$650 it will be a steal.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I used to alternate every year between Apple and Samsung but that stopped in 2014 after my last Android phone (Galaxy S5). I went from my iPhone 5s to the S5 and then to the 6+ and since then it’s been all iPhones for me. But for the first time in five years I’m interested in giving Android and Samsung another shot (I also owned the S1 and S3 at certain points). I love my iPhone X but let’s face it, 2018 was a lackluster and lazy upgrade for the iPhone and 2019 is also setting up for disappointment. So now I look at 2020 and that’ll be THREE YEARS since I got a new phone? I’ve never gone that long like I said I used to every year and sometimes multiple times within a year.

With that said I’m looking at the S10e. It looks like a great device, not too big and a good price for what you get. However I will wait just a little bit longer before I pull the trigger, say it drops a couple hundred more dollars. Right now it’s $750 for the 128 and $850 for the 256. I want the 256 so if I can get it for a little closer to $600-$650 it will be a steal.

You can get the 128 for 649 right now at B&H.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...m_g970uzbaxaa_galaxy_s10e_sm_g970u_128gb.html

It has a $100 coupon. Pretty soon I'd imagine the 256 will be in your range.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
You can get the 128 for 649 right now at B&H.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...m_g970uzbaxaa_galaxy_s10e_sm_g970u_128gb.html

It has a $100 coupon. Pretty soon I'd imagine the 256 will be in your range.

Yeah it’s gotta be the 256. Not only do I get double the internal storage from the 128 but also 2 more GB of sweet, succulent RAM which is everything on an Android.

We’ll see how pricing falls in the coming months, I’ll even wait until after the new iPhones launch if I have to....that’ll surely drive down the cost to get an S10 series phone :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.