Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
You get an email after 12 payments inviting you to upgrade. They send you the new device and you have a short window in which to return your previous device. Yes you can pay off the contract whenever you want to get out of it.
Thanks for that. I understand now.

Are you using the current stock screen protector or have you upgraded?
What is annoying is that I am sure I ordered a white S10 however the email is saying prism black. In order to get the white s10 I have to cancel the order and reapply. Don't think I can be bothered to do all that.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Thanks for that. I understand now.

Are you using the current stock screen protector or have you upgraded?
What is annoying is that I am sure I ordered a white S10 however the email is saying prism black. In order to get the white s10 I have to cancel the order and reapply. Don't think I can be bothered to do all that.

Stock screen protector holding up great. Obviously I’d prefer glass but seem to be too many issues with them

With regards to colour, I use a case so wouldn’t care about colour

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Stock screen protector holding up great. Obviously I’d prefer glass but seem to be too many issues with them

With regards to colour, I use a case so wouldn’t care about colour
Thanks
Yes even the Whitestone protector is causing problems for some with the fingerprint sensor not reading at times. Hopefully the pre installed protector holds up pretty well.

Did you get the buds with yours?

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Thanks
Yes even the Whitestone protector is causing problems for some with the fingerprint sensor not reading at times. Hopefully the pre installed protector holds up pretty well.

Did you get the buds with yours?
No buds. The offer was for the 512gb model when I applied. I got the 128gb

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
No buds. The offer was for the 512gb model when I applied. I got the 128gb
Oh

so many were joining the upgrade program for the buds and free accessories
If its not for the buds was it the free upgrade every 12 months that tempted you?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
It's not exactly a 'free' upgrade. You still pay for the phone and if anything, you get less for your phone than selling it privately. The benefit is spreading the cost, interest free.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Oh

so many were joining the upgrade program for the buds and free accessories
If its not for the buds was it the free upgrade every 12 months that tempted you?
Yep. Without the hassle of having to sell the previous privately

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
It's not exactly a 'free' upgrade. You still pay for the phone and if anything, you get less for your phone than selling it privately. The benefit is spreading the cost, interest free.
Yes this is true

For me it was cheaper to get this plus a sim only contract than the offer my network provider were offering. Plus network providers contracts are 24 months unless you buy yourself out after 12 months.

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Hi

I have recently just purchased the S10+ and I was wondering if there are any recommendations to improve battery life and my battery is worse than my old iphone x? I am in the UK and i read that the software that is used is more battery draining than other versions of android?

Will turning some notifications off and perhaps location services help?

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Can also anyone recommend some quality wireless earphones to use out and about and in the gym?

i know most will recommend the Galaxy Buds but i tried a friends and wasn't very impressed. Music do not play loud at all and i don't even listen to my music on max volume.

I know the Powerbeats pro have just come out but i would assume they are more geared towards iphone users since most of the features wont work with android.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Hi

I have recently just purchased the S10+ and I was wondering if there are any recommendations to improve battery life and my battery is worse than my old iphone x? I am in the UK and i read that the software that is used is more battery draining than other versions of android?

Will turning some notifications off and perhaps location services help?
Not really my s10 plus had excellent battery life right out of the box, there was an update that fixed an issue that stopped the exynos models from going into deep sleep.

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Not really my s10 plus had excellent battery life right out of the box, there was an update that fixed an issue that stopped the exynos models from going into deep sleep.
really

hmm maybe i need to send mine back or something. I don't find my battery life to be good at all.

Do you keep everything on like notifications, location services, NFC etc,,,?

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Any advice please

I am trying to restore a back up to my new Samsung S10+ from Samsung Cloud however it has been stuck on the same percentage for like an hour. Is this normal or has something gone wrong because i know with apple the process takes like 20 minutes maximum for everything to be downloaded to your new phone.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Any advice please

I am trying to restore a back up to my new Samsung S10+ from Samsung Cloud however it has been stuck on the same percentage for like an hour. Is this normal or has something gone wrong because i know with apple the process takes like 20 minutes maximum for everything to be downloaded to your new phone.
If you’re having issues with battery, etc why not try a fresh install without restoring from a back up and monitor battery life then? May be the battery issues are being caused by something in your backup

Might not be but I’d still try it out to check

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
If you’re having issues with battery, etc why not try a fresh install without restoring from a back up and monitor battery life then? May be the battery issues are being caused by something in your backup

Might not be but I’d still try it out to check
i had the phone swapped
Took it to a Samsung shop and they did some tests and said there was a fault with the battery and finger print sensor

The new handset when i tried to restore did not restore all my saved date like messages and contacts.

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Have just moved to Samsung from iphone this is a new experience so sorry for the 100 questions but how do you save all your app data/settings and settings for your phone?
I thought it was with Samsung Cloud, but when i restored my phone the app/phone settings were not saved and i had to do everything from scratch again.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Yeah, I'm weird this way but I always prefer to start new. It doesn't take me a long time to restore my settings and apps.

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
It is faster to do the restore. Plus you can restore the backup to a new phone or a replacement if your phone dies.
You can do that with the Cloud right?
[doublepost=1560525846][/doublepost]
Yeah, I'm weird this way but I always prefer to start new. It doesn't take me a long time to restore my settings and apps.
What about your contacts/pictures and messages if you start new.
[doublepost=1560525934][/doublepost]
Id imagine it's faster... doesn't have to use the cloud (i.e. relies on internet speed and bandwidth) vs fast read/write storage of sdcard
Okay thank you.

Android is a bit more confusing than ios when it comes to back ups. IOS simply uses icloud and thats it. Backs everything up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.