Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
You can do that with the Cloud right?
[doublepost=1560525846][/doublepost]
What about your contacts/pictures and messages if you start new.
[doublepost=1560525934][/doublepost]
Okay thank you.

Android is a bit more confusing than ios when it comes to back ups. IOS simply uses icloud and thats it. Backs everything up.

Yeah, I think the way iOS does it is superior in that everything gets restored just like you left it... Samsung comes pretty close with their utility but that's one thing that Android OEMs don't get quite right IMO

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
You can do that with the Cloud right?
[doublepost=1560525846][/doublepost]
What about your contacts/pictures and messages if you start new.
[doublepost=1560525934][/doublepost]
Okay thank you.

Android is a bit more confusing than ios when it comes to back ups. IOS simply uses icloud and thats it. Backs everything up.
I utilize Google Photos for my backup.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yeah, I think the way iOS does it is superior in that everything gets restored just like you left it... Samsung comes pretty close with their utility but that's one thing that Android OEMs don't get quite right IMO
agreed...this is a huge gap for Android as a whole. There really isn't a consistent way to backup and restore an Android phone.
Not a fan of iTunes as a whole...but I can create a static image of my iPhone and restore it to an new/replacement phone.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I returned my s10+ due to the note 10 not being far away. Back on my Xs max

Sortve regretting it at the moment. Thinking I should have just stuck with the s10+

Reactions: Wide opeN

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Yep, selling my S10+ and Galaxy Watch 46mm. I am not interested any longer in Samsungs devices after they have refused several times to repair/replace some other devices I have with them. The only way to get them to do anything is contact the BBB and open a case. I am now back on a XS Max and don't regret it honestly. If I ever want to go back to Android, it won't be Samsung ever again.

Reactions: Wide opeN

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Yep, selling my S10+ and Galaxy Watch 46mm. I am not interested any longer in Samsungs devices after they have refused several times to repair/replace some other devices I have with them. The only way to get them to do anything is contact the BBB and open a case. I am now back on a XS Max and don't regret it honestly. If I ever want to go back to Android, it won't be Samsung ever again.
Wow that's sad. Was your S10 faulty or something?

Why did you buy it in the first place?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I have the non active version and yes they worked well. I’m selling them if you’re interested. I’m just using airpods now.
Is there an app you can download to use the features of the AirPods on an android device? Like also seeing the battery left etc?

gifty1990

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
I have the non active version and yes they worked well. I’m selling them if you’re interested. I’m just using airpods now.
If i were to get them I would get the active version

I am choosing between the Jabra and Airpods. The airpods are made for iphone so thinking if its best to go with the Jabra's. However i have heard and read many people experiencing a hissing sound with the Jabra's when music is played loud.
[doublepost=1561599287][/doublepost]
I use "AirBattery"
How do you find the airpods with the samsung?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone use Apple Music with their S10?

IF they do does it work well with android because I read the app is not as good as on the iPhone/ I just got a free premium subscription for 2 years so I might ditch Spotify for Apple Music since ill save money.

Gilligan's last elephant

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2016
Does anyone use Apple Music with their S10?

IF they do does it work well with android because I read the app is not as good as on the iPhone/ I just got a free premium subscription for 2 years so I might ditch Spotify for Apple Music since ill save money.
One serious omission with Apple Music on Android is no gapless playback.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Do you use Apple Music on android?

The new Spotify update is awful imo which is one of the reasons why I am actually happy to be moving over the Apple Music.
My husband uses it on his galaxy note 8. He doesn’t have any issues. However he’s not that picky so I can’t say if there are any or not.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My husband uses it on his galaxy note 8. He doesn’t have any issues. However he’s not that picky so I can’t say if there are any or not.
That’s like me. I use Apple Music on my S10+ but I’m not picky so I wouldn’t notice any problems either. I have been using the same playlists for over a year though. The last time I tried to make a Playlist on my Xr something annoyed the hell out of me but I don’t remember what it was.

I’ve had barely any energy for a few months now, so I’ve been a bit of a slug with my phones. I use them without doing the usual constant evaluation running in the background of my thoughts that I had been used to doing, when I treated owning the phones as a hobby. I’m running on autopilot with them and only remark on issues that noticeably mess me up in the middle of whatever.

We use Spotify on our Amazon Echo. I have the Google Play Music app on my phones but haven’t tried it in ages. I’ve only been using my Apple Music app.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
That’s like me. I use Apple Music on my S10+ but I’m not picky so I wouldn’t notice any problems either. I have been using the same playlists for over a year though. The last time I tried to make a Playlist on my Xr something annoyed the hell out of me but I don’t remember what it was.

I’ve had barely any energy for a few months now, so I’ve been a bit of a slug with my phones. I use them without doing the usual constant evaluation running in the background of my thoughts that I had been used to doing, when I treated owning the phones as a hobby. I’m running on autopilot with them and only remark on issues that noticeably mess me up in the middle of whatever.

We use Spotify on our Amazon Echo. I have the Google Play Music app on my phones but haven’t tried it in ages. I’ve only been using my Apple Music app.
I was subscribing to Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube premium but since Apple brought amazon music to the echo I’ve dropped the Spotify subscription and now I use Apple Music on my HomePods and echos and google play music on my google home devices. To be honest I’d say I like google play and Apple Music equally. The only advantage Apple Music has for is the music videos. Otherwise they are fairly even. Even the interfaces are quite similar.

Reactions: 5105973

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Samsung uk got £300 off the top spec 1tb 12g ram s10+ at the moment

£1099

Same price as the 512gb with 8gb ram

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.