Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
I had to share this stand I picked up from Amazon by elitehood... I wanted something that can sit above my BlackWidow keyboard (I have a USB switch that allows me to share the keyboard with my Windows PC).

The build is sturdy and firm.. well-made, and it’s so dope!
View attachment 2204923
View attachment 2204924
View attachment 2204925

My only gripe with the stand.. I don’t like the “feet” holder to it, I think it’s too big for the Fold. I might tweak it and remove the feet/holder.. that way I could add some magsafe-style element to hold the Fold onto it.

I have something similar

Attachments

• IMG_4467.JPG
    IMG_4467.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4466.JPG
    IMG_4466.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I have something similar
Interesting. So, it only bends from the base? I like how that looks, what do you use it with? I've been looking all over Amazon trying to find some magsafe style stand that can bend in various angles, but something tall as well... had to be solid, nothing flimsy.

I bought one tall stand and it wasn't good at all, returned it for this one.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Interesting. So, it only bends from the base? I like how that looks, what do you use it with? I've been looking all over Amazon trying to find some magsafe style stand that can bend in various angles, but something tall as well... had to be solid, nothing flimsy.

I bought one tall stand and it wasn't good at all, returned it for this one.

It works with all my devices. Bends on both the base and upper holder.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I had to share this stand I picked up from Amazon by elitehood... I wanted something that can sit above my BlackWidow keyboard (I have a USB switch that allows me to share the keyboard with my Windows PC).

The build is sturdy and firm.. well-made, and it’s so dope!

My only gripe with the stand.. I don’t like the “feet” holder to it, I think it’s too big for the Fold. I might tweak it and remove the feet/holder.. that way I could add some magsafe-style element to hold the Fold onto it.
Can you not get some nice neoprene blocks in those feet holders ?

Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Can you not get some nice neoprene blocks in those feet holders ?
Well, that sounds like a good idea too! I‘ll look into it..

I really liked the look of the Samsung tripod but it only works on the S23 gadget case
That’s one thing about Samsung.. they really put forth an effort into making accessories for their products!

Reactions: SteveJUAE

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I’m reading on Reddit that some people are seeing an Instagram UI update on their GF4. Can anyone confirm that they have this? I’d like to know if stories are now full screen or not if you have seen the update. Thanks.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My Z Fold 4 has developed a clicking noise when I tap the front screen towards the right hand side around halfway down. It is the screen and not the frame because I can recreate it whether the main screen is open or closed. Any ideas? The phone has never been dropped.

NeonNights

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2022
My Z Fold 4 has developed a clicking noise when I tap the front screen towards the right hand side around halfway down. It is the screen and not the frame because I can recreate it whether the main screen is open or closed. Any ideas? The phone has never been dropped.
Are you sure it's not your fingernail creating the sound? Are you saying each tap you make triggers a click sound from the speaker or a mechanical click as if something is loose or rattling? I'm not experiencing it on my Fold 4 and I've dropped it several times unfortunately.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Are you sure it's not your fingernail creating the sound? Are you saying each tap you make triggers a click sound from the speaker or a mechanical click as if something is loose or rattling? I'm not experiencing it on my Fold 4 and I've dropped it several times unfortunately.
If I lightly press the screen with the pad of my finger it clicks and not from the speaker .

NeonNights

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2022
I know you said it's not the frame, but could it be the phone case (assuming you have one)? So strange for the front glass display to flex and click. Let us know when you figure out the cause.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I know you said it's not the frame, but could it be the phone case (assuming you have one)? So strange for the front glass display to flex and click. Let us know when you figure out the cause.
Upon closer inspection it does only do this when folded closed and only on the right (RHS) of the display. So it would appear to be something to do with the framework after all.

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Sounds like the screen is delaminated/unglued to the parts behind and flexing, can you physically see the flex where you press ?
Thar's what I was convinced it was but upon closer inspection it doesn't appear to be the case. When I unfold the device and press down on the front display it doesn't click. It only does it when the device is folded which would rule out the front glass being delaminated. I am not 100% sure what exactly is making the noise. Further testing is required...

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
For some reason my phone didn't automatically download the June update.

Seems like the photo quality has improved a lot, especially since I downloaded camera assistant.

NeonNights

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2022
I'm at the 10-month mark and just noticed the native inner screen protector is separating.

Samsung has approved a local repair shop to replace the screen protector but I think I may just order some from Amazon and do it myself.

A little surprised to see it happen this early but it's not really noticeable with full screen content. Still, I expect it will continue to spread. Part of me is waiting for better promos to see if it makes sense to upgrade to the Fold 5 and the new thinner hinge and slim S Pen that now fits flat with the Fold 5 cover case.

The phone has been great though. Love it for work productivity and content consumption. Battery life still gets me through a full day from 7am until 11pm with 15-20% left. Had it with me on international trips, recording video in the rain, at the beach, on a kayak. Easily my favorite phone. Don't need to upgrade at all, but you know how it is when the next shiny version comes out.

IMG_20230718_123947.jpg
IMG_20230718_123951.jpg

Last edited:

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
I'm at the 10-month mark and just noticed the native inner screen protector is separating.

Samsung has approved a local repair shop to replace the screen protector but I think I may just order some from Amazon and do it myself.

A little surprised to see it happen this early but it's not really noticeable with full screen content. Still, I expect it will continue to spread. Part of me is waiting for better promos to see if it makes sense to upgrade to the Fold 5 and the new thinner hinge and slim S Pen that now fits flat with the Fold 5 cover case.

The phone has been great though. Love it for work productivity and content consumption. Battery life still gets me through a full day from 7am until 11pm with 15-20% left. Had it with me on international trips, recording video in the rain, at the beach, on a kayak. Easily my favorite phone. Don't need to upgrade at all, but you know how it is when the next shiny version comes out.

View attachment 2239040 View attachment 2239041
I had mine replaced a few weeks back.

Ubreakifx did a good job, and it was a pretty painless process.

However the issues I had with the care + website to book the appointment were a bit worrying. It was impossible to confirm the appointment through a browser on the phone, or on my PC. I ended up just throwing in the towel, and calling the store.

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
After 11 months, my Fold 4 no longer opens completely flat. Had this with my Fold 2.

On top of that, the screen protector has peeled amd the screen has a small hairline crack in the middle down the crease.

It is with Samsung right now being repaired.

I think I am done with foldables until they get more reliable.

NeonNights

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2022
After 11 months, my Fold 4 no longer opens completely flat. Had this with my Fold 2.

On top of that, the screen protector has peeled amd the screen has a small hairline crack in the middle down the crease.

It is with Samsung right now being repaired.

I think I am done with foldables until they get more reliable.
Oh wow, sorry to hear things are that bad. Did something get into the hinge that prevents it from opening flat? My Fold 4 has been great so far, coming up on 11 months. I was tempted to upgrade to the Fold 5, but it really doesn't make sense to do so. I am happy to hold onto the Fold 4 for another year and can't see myself going back to a regular slab phone, but I can see how your Fold2/Fold4 experience would shake a person's trust in foldables.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah, I took mine off when my Fold 4 started pealing. I could head to Best Buy and get a new screen protector… haven’t decided when I should get it done.

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Oh wow, sorry to hear things are that bad. Did something get into the hinge that prevents it from opening flat? My Fold 4 has been great so far, coming up on 11 months. I was tempted to upgrade to the Fold 5, but it really doesn't make sense to do so. I am happy to hold onto the Fold 4 for another year and can't see myself going back to a regular slab phone, but I can see how your Fold2/Fold4 experience would shake a person's trust in foldables.
I think pocket dust etc gets into the hinge over time and causes the hinge to fail.

No obvious object got stuck.

I am just glad Samsung accepted the repair as there are many stories that Samsung are refusing the repair if there is a slight scratch on the hinge.

I may look at the Fold 6 if it comes with full dust resistance.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Yeah, I took mine off when my Fold 4 started pealing. I could head to Best Buy and get a new screen protector… haven’t decided when I should get it done.
Here in Thailand and Malaysia you get 2 free screen protectors replacements per year

But if it starts to propagate down the crease my advice is to remove it as it causes differential stress between protector and main screen and may make a simple job much worse

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Got my repaired phone back today.

The issue was the brushes in the hinge failing and getting stuck in the hinge mechanism. The brushes that aim to stop dust getting in are actually glued inside the phone. Over time the glue weakened and the brush strands interfered with the folding of the phone.

Looks like it is a case of when this glue attaching the brush fails rather than if.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.