Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector?

• Yes, I’m too worried about scratches

Votes: 168 70.6%
  • No, I don’t care/the look and feel bother me

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • No, because I have Apple care

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • No because a bumper is sufficient protection

Votes: 14 5.9%

• Total voters

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Affects touch sensitivity and responsiveness, and looks like [redacted] after a few days/weeks
Not if you use decent quality tempered glass screen protectors. Mine has been on my current iPhone well over a year and you wouldn't know it has a screen protector on. The touch is also just as responsive, if not a bit better as the bare screen is a bit more grippy to the touch. The days of screen protectors being tacky plastic films are thankfully over.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I've always used screen protectors but recently have been using my 15 Pro Max without a case. So now am thinking of going all the way and removing the screen protector. It's been so long that I've now had a screen protector on I don't think my fingers have touched an iPhone screen for 15 years or so!!! Still not read through all of this thread yet so we'll see....

• Wow
Reactions: surfzen21

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
I've had my screen crack once from a fall -- it didn't have a screen protector on it.
Now, a screen protector is placed on day 1. It's been 11 generations (I've skipped a few) with 0 issues with many broken screen protects but perfect screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.