Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReliableSource

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2011
I tried those ArmorSuit screen protectors and they were awful. Having to spray the screen protector and my fingers for application was a pain, and even after doing all the steps exactly as detailed, I could never get the corners to stay down. I went through all six of the included protectors in a few weeks because every single one of them started coming off at one of the corners eventually.

I ordered the LK protectors to try a different style, and they are way better. No spray, the edges stick down and stay stuck down, and I can't even tell it's on there in most lighting. I've had one LK screen protector on my watch that's lasted as long as all six of the ArmorSuit ones, and it still looks like it did when I first applied it.

Don't waste your money on the ArmorSuit ones imo

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
there's a trick to the armorsuit. when i've applied them, they last for literally years. had one on the body and screen of my series 2 for over 2 years with no issues. but the corners are a pain. you have to put the protector on and then basically come back to it an hour or two later, after most of the water has dried. you can then very easily lay the corners down. and after they've cured for a day or so, it won't come up. in another couple of days any bubbles or other issues will typically vanish.

do the LK ones by any chance cover 100% of the screen? the one thing about the armorsuit is that the screen protector leaves a mm or two uncovered.

ReliableSource

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2011
there's a trick to the armorsuit. when i've applied them, they last for literally years. had one on the body and screen of my series 2 for over 2 years with no issues. but the corners are a pain. you have to put the protector on and then basically come back to it an hour or two later, after most of the water has dried. you can then very easily lay the corners down. and after they've cured for a day or so, it won't come up. in another couple of days any bubbles or other issues will typically vanish.

do the LK ones by any chance cover 100% of the screen? the one thing about the armorsuit is that the screen protector leaves a mm or two uncovered.
I will say I didn't wait for an hour to press down the corners of the ArmorSuit, but their own directions say to wait for like 10 minutes. Oh well, I'm not buying more to try it since I'm so much happier with the LK ones.

The LK does not cover 100% of the screen; they're about the same size as the ArmorSuit and leave maybe 1mm of bezel uncovered. I only care about covering the actual display area though, so that doesn't bother me.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
gotcha. yeah, the 10-20 minutes or whatever armorsuit suggests just isn't enough time. really need like an hour or more. maybe 30-45 would work if you used a little less water. if you thought the screen protector was a problem, I can tell you the little pieces that adhere to the body are 10x worse. but same rule applies, and waiting long enough makes it fairly easy. and those will also stay on forever once they cure properly. but it's not a great system. thanks for the info about the LK.

Reactions: ReliableSource

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Any suggestions for a non-bulky, minimal screen protector for a Apple Watch SE 44mm? I don’t want something too big.

I haven’t used a screen protector since my Trēo 700p and I’m not familiar with companies. I’ve noticed the SE gets scratched up a lot easier than my Apple Watch S0. It should be the same material, I think, so I’m not sure what’s going.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Nevermind.

c8bdbd98d48952422e1d4f802f02e617.jpg

ufgatorvet

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2010
Savannah, GA
Am considering something like this for my AW7 Ti to put on only when doing tasks where damage may be likely.

Does anyone use this or something like this, and frequently take it off and put it on? Does the act of putting the case on/off cause any obvious scratches (esp titanium owners)? Seems like it would defeat the purpose, but have never used a case before and I am *assuming* they are meant to be put on once and never taken off ... ?

Reactions: whsbuss

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
I tried the Zagg screen protector. I really liked it when I first put it on because it covered all the way to the edges of my 45mm screen, but it started peeling up after about two weeks. I had the same experience with their version for the series 6. And too expensive to replace it every two or three weeks.

I just got these yesterday and I think I like the idea that it is removable and there are 4 more if the one I have on gets scratched. I don’t plan to take it off and on unless it gets damaged. The touch screen works just fine and hasn’t changed the visibility.

VASG [5 Pack] Hard PC Case Compatible with Apple Watch Series 7 45mm with Built in 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Full Cover Bumper Compatible with iWatch 45mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JJQQ9R...abc_X6HQ41TH42S6DZ7QB4CA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
My wife put a screen protector on her watch (I created a thread on this and nobody replied, so trying this sticky one instead): if off of her wrist, the screen works just fine. As soon as she puts it on her wrist, it stops working. Take the case off, things work just fine. How can the case stop the screen from functioning while on the wrist? People on this thread have purchased lots of screen protector cases and I don't see anyone having this issue, so not sure what to look for and how to fix her problem.
I have the same issue. I have yet to figure it out.

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
My wife put a screen protector on her watch (I created a thread on this and nobody replied, so trying this sticky one instead): if off of her wrist, the screen works just fine. As soon as she puts it on her wrist, it stops working. Take the case off, things work just fine. How can the case stop the screen from functioning while on the wrist? People on this thread have purchased lots of screen protector cases and I don't see anyone having this issue, so not sure what to look for and how to fix her problem.

Is it a case or stick-on protector. If case maybe the case goes down too far and hits wrist and that makes the screen part go up and therefore a space between case and screen. Or it’s hitting band on wrist.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

zachleft

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2018
I'm looking for anti-glare screen protectors that actually fit..not glass and with no case. Any suggestions?

I just ordered these

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011

bleusierra

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2022
I just ordered these

Thanks for this. Took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon. LK makes such a good screen protector for the watch. Once it is on, I don't even notice it's there. I work in kindergarten, so sometimes my watch will get occasional sand shower or drool, and they didn't even lift the screen protector at all (no sand or dirt stuck on the edges either that make the edges 'white').

Previously I have tried Spigen "neo flex" and one of those Cygnett "glass"; they were both just didn't work out for me. Edges peeled off easily within 2 days and dust would get stuck on the sides and made it looked white.

They're definitely not anti-glare. They're clear and idk about it being glossy, but it just looks bare on the watch once installed. Can't even tell that they're on.

Reactions: zachleft
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.