Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Where do you enter the code? I looked and didn't see a promo code box at checkout.
Once you hit checkout, there should be an option box for Discount Code. Once I entered the code, I was still able to use the express checkout for Apple Pay.
AB693E84-6FBE-4A16-93E3-DC2842FAEE91.jpeg

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Once you hit checkout, there should be an option box for Discount Code. Once I entered the code, I was still able to use the express checkout for Apple Pay.
View attachment 1862732
Thanks, Beach. Maybe I am not seeing it due to 1Blocker. Gonna turn it off and see if that fixes it. Firefox was the same problem. Turning off 1Blocker temporarily solved the problem.

Reactions: beach bum

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Thanks. Maybe I am not seeing it due to 1Blocker. Gonna turn it off and see if that fixes it. Firefox was the same problem.
After you told me about 1Blocker and I purchased it (thank you again), it is a pain at times to have to turn it off then back on. Some of my coursework won’t allow a blocker—didn’t realize the issue until I called the IT desk, but I just have to take those extra steps because I really like the 1Blocker app.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
After you told me about 1Blocker and I purchased it (thank you again), it is a pain at times to have to turn it off then back on. Some of my coursework won’t allow a blocker—didn’t realize the issue until I called the IT desk, but I just have to take those extra steps because I really like the 1Blocker app.
It does a thorough job lol especially with YT. Sometimes frustrating (as you say) but better than the alternative.

• Love
Reactions: beach bum

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
anyone know if armorsuit will be making a full body skin for the 7 soon? i would assume so, but they don't say 'coming soon' or anything like that. they have it for all the other models, though. so i would imagine any time now.

B_rad_G

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2021
Anybody find any screen protectors for the Series 7? I currently use the following and hoping for something like it again, especially if I get aluminum this time.

I used that exact case on my S5. Haven't seen any that actually cover the screen for the S7. I ordered this version from Amazon and received it today. It fits perfectly, but no screen protection. I only use these cases when I have to visit places for work.

I also bought those Armorsuit screen protectors. It does not cover the entire screen. You will feel the edge of the screen protector when swiping. I'll try another one to see if it works better with this bumper case.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 10.40.42 AM.png

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how the LK/equivalent dry install ones hold up after time?

I’m worried that I will be replacing them every month because they are peeling up.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I was told my Series 7 45mm green aluminum gps+lte from Verizon wouldn't ship until 11/12 but just got a notice that it will be here Monday. Conveniently, I also got a notification that the full body armorsuit protector will also arrive Monday.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
I’m posting for my Mrs as I don’t own an Apple Watch. Anything tempered glass wise for the 45mm lte model worth considering ? She had one for her series 6 wasn’t too bad.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
I’m posting for my Mrs as I don’t own an Apple Watch. Anything tempered glass wise for the 45mm lte model worth considering ? She had one for her series 6 wasn’t too bad.
I just purchased some a few minutes ago.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately

Thanks. Is there anything that is just a glass tempered protector that goes on top of the watch glass ?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately

Found a set but the reviews are for something else ?🤣

Ravox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2020
Those HARD PC cases is worse than the soft TPU cases regarding scratches on the apple watch aluminum?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I got the $15 Zagg at Best Buy for my 45mm. I like it. Dry install and actually covers ALL of the glass. Works well with the soft-touch case that just pops on over the watch.

Got the LK film screen protectors at Amazon two weeks ago and those do not fully cover the glass and would bubble up on the edges and corners when the pop-on cases were placed on the watch.

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020

Please let us know what you think of them.

bruce316

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018

How does the case finish look on those? I ordered these (link below) and the case has a shiny black finish that I don't like at all. Does the case on yours have a gloss black finish or a matte (dull) finish? Thanks

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
How does the case finish look on those? I ordered these (link below) and the case has a shiny black finish that I don't like at all. Does the case on yours have a gloss black finish or a matte (dull) finish? Thanks

The 4 pack contains 4 gloss black and 1 clear. The gloss doesn't bother me.

Reactions: bruce316

bruce316

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018
The 4 pack contains 4 gloss black and 1 clear. The gloss doesn't bother me.
It's probably the same manufacturer as the ones I received from the other seller. If your good with the gloss black it really is a nice case and works well.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I got the $15 Zagg at Best Buy for my 45mm. I like it. Dry install and actually covers ALL of the glass. Works well with the soft-touch case that just pops on over the watch.

Got the LK film screen protectors at Amazon two weeks ago and those do not fully cover the glass and would bubble up on the edges and corners when the pop-on cases were placed on the watch.
how does a dry install cover the rounded edges? i have an armosuit wet install screen protector on now that i like but it doesn't cover 100% of the screen. a couple millimeters are exposed. does it have an orange peel effect like the wet ones? do you have kinda one shot to get it on just right?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
how does a dry install cover the rounded edges? i have an armosuit wet install screen protector on now that i like but it doesn't cover 100% of the screen. a couple millimeters are exposed. does it have an orange peel effect like the wet ones? do you have kinda one shot to get it on just right?
It covers and sticks to the rounded edges pretty well. No lifting or bubbling yet and it's been on now for a little more than two weeks.

I haven't noticed an orange-peel effect. It's one shot in that if you have to lift it up you'll most likely get dust under it. The alignment tabs on it make it very easy to get on perfectly.

Reactions: ajm222 and Pink2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.