Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
Great job, man!
I'm impressed.... lol, it literally took me the better part of an hour to do a full wrap on my iPad. By the end of it, I was dripping with sweat from being in my steamy bathroom for so long, but it came out perfect and I was ridiculously proud.

One last tip:
Use a can of forced air to remove those last few pesky dust particles, immediately prior to application.

wow....duhhhh...I will def do that next time and it will be perfect!!!

----------

Great job, man!
I'm impressed.... lol, it literally took me the better part of an hour to do a full wrap on my iPad. By the end of it, I was dripping with sweat from being in my steamy bathroom for so long, but it came out perfect and I was ridiculously proud.

One last tip:
Use a can of forced air to remove those last few pesky dust particles, immediately prior to application.

I usually use a lint roller right before application(works awesome for the dry install protectors) but its very hard with the apple watch since the curved edges......

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Went on pretty smooth the second time....first one was my trial...but def the shower and hair dryer worked..very minimal dust...like 4 specks under the protector which was my fault....I emailed them and they are sending me another set for free so I'll redo it once they get here but....these are great...a few bubbles but they will go away as they have the past hour or so!!! Awesome protectors!

Good job! how much solution did you use? Did you soak it? A fine mist?

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
Good job! how much solution did you use? Did you soak it? A fine mist?

I soaked it...which made it quite slippery so i used the hair dryer for 10 seconds on the middle part and then squegged..then heated one side at a time

So i suggest a mist when doing it, which I will prob do when I redo it because any dust will kick my ocd into overdrive lol

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I soaked it...which made it quite slippery so i used the hair dryer for 10 seconds on the middle part and then squegged..then heated one side at a time

So i suggest a mist when doing it, which I will prob do when I redo it because any dust will kick my ocd into overdrive lol

when using both i soaked it and it kept moving..so i had to redue so i think i got some dust that way. I used the whole bottle of solution for 2 protectors (about 9 attempts) :p :eek:

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
when using both i soaked it and it kept moving..so i had to redue so i think i got some dust that way. I used the whole bottle of solution for 2 protectors (about 9 attempts) :p :eek:

Read my tips!
I've applied literally hundreds & hundreds (I work at a cellphone shop) of screen protectors... you WILL have success.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I went to the Zagg kiosk today to get HDX for my Watch. They were going to do it installed for $20 so I was happy with that deal. Until, the girl at the kiosk started having problems with the cutting machine there and the HDX protector wouldn't cut right. Plus, the one that was semi-OK wouldn't stick to the sides. They didn't have regular HD either so I had to go with regular.

Long story short, the regular doesn't look as good as I thought it would with their 'new formula' plus it has major dust under it. Think I'm gonna go with the ArmorSuit for mine until someone gets a tempered glass 'dome' to cover the sides. Luckily I can return it and I need to get my AppleCare tomorrow anyway. :D

Btw they charged me $12.99 plus tax for the regular after I haggeled that Zagg.com was selling the HD for $14.99.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
All I can say is Wow! These protectors are amazing..100% clear, full coverage...awesome! Had the zagg hd ok the watch first and the orange peel was terrible but this has way less orange peel and is barely noticable...everyone do yourself a favor and order the armorsuit and enjoy your sport cause just wow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,707

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
All I can say is Wow! These protectors are amazing..100% clear, full coverage...awesome! Had the zagg hd ok the watch first and the orange peel was terrible but this has way less orange peel and is barely noticable...everyone do yourself a favor and order the armorsuit and enjoy your sport cause just wow!

I order one yesterday and I'm a little late on doing myself a favor:( have a little scratch on the curved part.
I got the carbon fiber version kit.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
My Armorsuit is really, really nice. I love that it protects the entire screen including the corners. Since installing it on Saturday, it appears to have settled in and I see less of the orange-peel effect.

My crystal Spigen watch case just shipped yesterday, which I'll be using together with my Armorsuit, so I hope to post comments on that soon.

krazyeights

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015

That looks great! I ordered the ArmorSuit and can't wait to try. Was the installation difficult and any special technique you recommend?

Bigboiiiii

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Anyone know if they ship these armor suit protectors to Canada? I'm looking for a good quality, edge to edge protector for my wife's sport watch.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Just ordered two Armorsuits for my friend to fetch over from the states to me in the UK.

Anyone got tips for getting them sitting perfectly?!

*GeekChic

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Just ordered two Armorsuits for my friend to fetch over from the states to me in the UK.

Anyone got tips for getting them sitting perfectly?!

Just installed the Armorsuit and it fits like a glove. In the package there's 2 shields (the version I bought), a spray bottle with adhesive solution, a rubber squee-gee and a small microfiber towel for wiping lint off.

I sprayed my fingers first so the shield doesn't stick to them, the sprayed the shield after peeling it off the backing until the shield was dripping, gently slid it into place, held it down by a corner and squee-gee'd the bubbles out. Check that it's centered by looking at the edges hanging off - are they even all the way around? It may slide around as you squee-gee bubbles out but be gentle and slide it back into place, no worries.

Don't worry about the edges sticking yet - just get it centered and get those bubbles out!

As the edges dried, I pressed them down around the curved edges until they stayed put, no heat required, they just have to be dry. It takes a few times for it to stick but keep pressing the edges down and they will stick. Being dry is the key!

And voila! Perfect coverage edge-to-curved-edge. I just did it sitting on my couch - wiped the lint off - no shower + humidity + heat needed!

$1 + peace of mind + 5 minutes = priceless

Last edited:

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Hey all, I went with the spigen for my 38mm SS. I put it on straight out of the box so didn't have problems with lint or dust. I'm happy with the look and feel even though the edges are uncovered. I prefer the dry install and am usually pretty good it. I will say it took me three tries to get it the fit I wanted. The protector is so small I didn't find it as forgiving to peel back and replace if the application is off even a little.

I'm glad I have it on because the screen gets gunkier than a normal watch. It's easier to clean and I have not had any issues with screen clarity. A bit pricey but satisfied with it overall.

daymouse

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2013
Whats everyone recommending in the UK??

The best seems to be these ArmorSuit ones but only in the US :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.