Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Ah, that's better, that looks like mine did when my Tech Armor was applied.

Both the Spigen and Zagg screen protectors I've ordered suggest they cover the entire screen, curve and all, which I hope is true. I'll apply whichever comes first and then keep the other for a spare.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Here we go again. Looking for the holy grail perfectly fitted SP for the Apple Watch.

Zagg, Spigen and all the others are laughing at you all the way to the bank for placing a plastic or even glass SP over sapphire to protect against scratches.

That's like using a 5 amp fuse in a 30 amp circuit.

mr.anthonyramos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Hong Kong
Here we go again. Looking for the holy grail perfectly fitted SP for the Apple Watch.

Zagg, Spigen and all the others are laughing at you all the way to the bank for placing a plastic or even glass SP over sapphire to protect against scratches.

I think you forgot to read the title of the thread "naysayers stay out". It's people's choices to buy whatever piece of plastic/glass or what not for their money that they worked hard for. And you might have your opinion on using one but really, other people do too.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
Ah, that's better, that looks like mine did when my Tech Armor was applied.

Both the Spigen and Zagg screen protectors I've ordered suggest they cover the entire screen, curve and all, which I hope is true. I'll apply whichever comes first and then keep the other for a spare.

I have the Zagg on my watch now...its covers like 80% of the whole face...like 1.5mm not covered all around...I'm waiting to replace it with an armorsuit on tuesday

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
those look interesting.. I just want something to get my by until Zagg or the likes come out with something..

I got Armor Shield.
I prefer them to Zagg.
Also... they rock! Got mine a few months ago & they just sent me another one free. Apparently, now they have an actual watch & made a few tweaks. Gotta love that level of customer care :)

----------

Great - I'm using one now.

Haha...
Should've had them apply it at a store. That's soooo crooked. Lol.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
I got Armor Shield.
I prefer them to Zagg.
Also... they rock! Got mine a few months ago & they just sent me another one free. Apparently, now they have an actual watch & made a few tweaks. Gotta love that level of customer care :)

----------

Haha...
Should've had them apply it at a store. That's soooo crooked. Lol.

I believe thats a shadow....he has an armorsuit protector on...it covers the whole watch face even the curved edges....also which ones are the armorshield?

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
I believe thats a shadow....he has an armorsuit protector on...it covers the whole watch face even the curved edges....also which ones are the armorshield?

I ordered the same: ArmorSuit Military Shield is the full name.
I apologize for any confusion.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
I ordered the same: ArmorSuit Military Shield is the full name.
I apologize for any confusion.

gotcha...thats what I thought.....I have those babies on the way..should be here Tuesday......amazon had them on sale for $1 so I used 5 of my friends prime accounts lol since you were limited to 1 per account

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
gotcha...thats what I thought.....I have those babies on the way..should be here Tuesday......amazon had them on sale for $1 so I used 5 of my friends prime accounts lol since you were limited to 1 per account

Lol, way to go, hustler! ;0)
You're going to be amazing at applying them & maybe even get to hook up a friend or family member. Nice!

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
Lol, way to go, hustler! ;0)
You're going to be amazing at applying them & maybe even get to hook up a friend or family member. Nice!

i got burned on this zagg one i got so I needed to make up for it....1 protector for $20 bucks....smh...i was in a rush and got some dust under it so its annoying me..I want to rip it off but I'll wait till tuesday...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I got Armor Shield.
I prefer them to Zagg.

i picked up the armorsuit one from amazon. I haven't gotten my watch yet to see how the fit is....
Did you mean Armorsuit or Armor Shield? was yours a wet install?
This is what i ordered http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-Mil...&sr=1-4&keywords=apple+watch+screen+protector

edit - for the Zagg, is it cut by a machine at the kiosk or what? How much is it? Does it cover edge to edge?

Last edited:

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
i picked up the armorsuit one from amazon. I haven't gotten my watch yet to see how the fit is....
Did you mean Armorsuit or Armor Shield? was yours a wet install?
This is what i ordered http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-Mil...&sr=1-4&keywords=apple+watch+screen+protector

edit - for the Zagg, is it cut by a machine at the kiosk or what? How much is it? Does it cover edge to edge?

Yeah, that's the exact one.
I bought theirs for my iPad Air 2 & it was super premium!
It's a wet install. If you haven't done them before... my advice is to do it in the bathroom with a hot shower running. The steam takes all the dust out of the air & they go on perfectly.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO

Why why why why do you even care? If someone wants a screen protector let them have it. If you want to start a thread about keeping your screen naked fine, but to come in here on this thread and ridicule people for their choices is insane!

Reactions: myrtlebee and Daria

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
There's not much choice for us UK folk for screen protection of our Ion-X Apple Watches. I tried the Tech Armor but that didn't work very well so I have ordered the Spigen Flex but that has no date so no idea when that'll arrive. My Zagg Invisible Shield order is also "on-hold" so don't know what that means. Anyone else in the UK have any good experiences of full coverage screen protectors?

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Why why why why do you even care? If someone wants a screen protector let them have it. If you want to start a thread about keeping your screen naked fine, but to come in here on this thread and ridicule people for their choices is insane!

No you're right, it's none of my business. Sorry.

Just interjecting a bit of common sense and a reality check- and maybe save some folks some $$.

The holy grail of Sceen Protection is Sapphire. It's tough and moderately affordable. It's the material of Rolex. It's the material ( equivalent to) military missile optical domes. No one places softer plastic or glass over a Rolex nor a missile dome for scratch protection.

If you have the sapphire face on your Apple watch, I'm just pointing that out.

But yeah, people should do what they feel comfortable with.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
No you're right, it's none of my business. Sorry.

Just interjecting a bit of common sense and a reality check- and maybe save some folks some $$.

The holy grail of Sceen Protection is Sapphire. It's tough and moderately affordable. It's the material of Rolex. It's the material ( equivalent to) military missile optical domes. No one places softer plastic or glass over a Rolex nor a missile dome for scratch protection.

If you have the sapphire face on your Apple watch, I'm just pointing that out.

But yeah, people should do what they feel comfortable with.

You're neither providing any common sense or a reality check. In fact all you're doing is insulting people's intelligence. If you choose not to use screen protectors that's up to you and your choice but it doesn't mean you can mock or belittle others for wanting to do so.

And yes the sapphire display is scratch resistant but it's not scratch proof. That said even if it's unlikely to scratch personally I rather have the piece of mind that when it comes to selling my watch to upgrade to the next version I will get the best price possible for it.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
do y'all wear helmets when you cross the street?

A Milanese helmet. :) (No, seriously. That's really a Milanese helmet)

Attachments

• andy-milanese.jpg
    andy-milanese.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 816

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
You're neither providing any common sense or a reality check. In fact all you're doing is insulting people's intelligence. If you choose not to use screen protectors that's up to you and your choice but it doesn't mean you can mock or belittle others for wanting to do so.

And yes the sapphire display is scratch resistant but it's not scratch proof. That said even if it's unlikely to scratch personally I rather have the piece of mind that when it comes to selling my watch to upgrade to the next version I will get the best price possible for it.

I don't see how giving advice or facts is insulting. You'll be surprised how scratch proof or resistant sapphire is. I've worked with it for nearly 40 years in industrial/military envirnoments.

It is likely to be 'scratch proof' to most materials you will encounter with your watch. Unlike the iPhone glass (or the sports model) which can be scratched with bits of dirt, sand and the like from your pocket or elsewhere (a dirty T shirt used for cleaning). That material won't touch sapphire.

True diamonds or synethetic diamond like stuff will scratch it. So if you wear diamond earrings, be careful when you raise your Apple watch to your ear to listen to your Apple watch ticking. :rolleyes:

I'm always surprised how ocd people get with tiny hair line scratches that can only be seen in the sun (with the iphone glass), yet are not bothered with the outline of an ill fitted, bubbled SP. (and assuming you lifestyle will scratch the SP every few days, what do you do? change SP every 3 days?). And with a sapphire crown, placing glass or plastic over it will diminish the optical quality as well, with a slight increase in reflection, since glass and sapphire are not well matched.

Google for scratched Rolex crowns...and you will find its all about scratched metal and gold, not the sapphire crown.

But sapphire will not take sharp impacts too well. Scratches are different that gouges, pits or indents from a sharp pointed force (even of less hard materials). So yeah, you may ding or even crack your screen hitting it very hard on a exposed nail. But a thin SP is not going to help there either.

Just saying that those that paid a premium for the SS/sapphire model should enjoy the extra protection you paid for and Apple gave you on the crown.

Just my thinking out loud. People should do what they wish.

mr.anthonyramos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Hong Kong
IMOS created a great curved full-coverage gorilla glass protector for the iPhone 6/6+. I am hoping that they will consider making one for the Apple Watch.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Yeah, that's the exact one.
I bought theirs for my iPad Air 2 & it was super premium!
It's a wet install. If you haven't done them before... my advice is to do it in the bathroom with a hot shower running. The steam takes all the dust out of the air & they go on perfectly.

So I went to install them today on my watch. The first one was disaster haha
On the second one, the edges don't seem to fall on the curved side. I hoping that when it dries it will fall into place...?

----------

Got a Zagg HD Shield for my 42mm SG. Adds no bulk, no loss of touch sensitivity. No bubbles so far. I like it. You can barely see the line of the shield in the pic.

Where did you get the Zagg HD Shield? I've been checking their site and it only seemed to show up today for pre-order.

Just went to the ZAGG kiosk at my local mall here in SLC, UT. They are cutting them to order. They have regular and HD.

I went to my local Zagg to investigate. The only had the original and it was going to cost $20!!
How much did you pay?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.