Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
I know who they are, I use their cases and glass screen protectors on my iPhones, my comment was not directed at you.

I love Spigen.

Oh, I know it wasnt directed at me. Perhaps I read it wrong. I thought it was a general statement saying "lets wait for someone with credible stuff to make something". My bad!

Feelings on that case I sent? I actually just preordered. 25 bucks shipped... why not! lol.

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
The fit must be complete garbage if they're sitting there in the mall cutting with a pair scissors. I had a 2 pack of ArmorSuit screen protectors come in today. Ordered on Amazon a couple days ago. The watch should be here by end of day.

how are those armorsuit protectors? I just ordered them......

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy

Great - I'm using one now.

5121469E-9587-4CCB-B2BD-14759DA0A9C4.jpg

insane08

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I put on the Skinomi screen protector as soon as I got the watch yesterday. It's pretty good now that a day has passed and bubbles have disappeared but doesn't beat a pure screen. I wish they had ultra thin tempered glass however, I believe that would be perfect and easier to install. Might pick one up from amazon.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
The fit must be complete garbage if they're sitting there in the mall cutting with a pair scissors. I had a 2 pack of ArmorSuit screen protectors come in today. Ordered on Amazon a couple days ago. The watch should be here by end of day.

So how was it ? How are the cuts

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
I tried a Tech Armor screen protector on my 42mm. It was sized to fit the active area of the screen only so was hard to apply perfectly square, plus it just fell off about six hours after. So I've got a Spigen one on pre-order but they're being cagey about delivery schedules. I'm paranoid I'll scratch my Ion-X screen in the meantime.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011

I installed the armorsuit about 3 hours ago. At first it looked like there's absolutely no way it's going to contour to the corners and sit on there properly. However, I just kept using the squeegee to push out all the solution and it adhered to all of the corners without any problem. No lifting up or peeling. It looks like it's set on there pretty well already, but the site suggests to let it sit overnight.

Looking at the screen, you wouldn't know its on there, but it definitely the surface is definitely a bit less smooth than a normal dry-application screen protector. It's good for now, but I honestly think that I'm going to remove it once I get the Spigen Tough Armor which has a screen protector built in:
http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/apple-watch/apple-watch-case-tough-armor-42mm.html

patrickpiteo

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I tried a Tech Armor screen protector on my 42mm. It was sized to fit the active area of the screen only so was hard to apply perfectly square, plus it just fell off about six hours after. So I've got a Spigen one on pre-order but they're being cagey about delivery schedules. I'm paranoid I'll scratch my Ion-X screen in the meantime.
Wow my tech armor went on easy looks good..

ep3forlife13

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
New Jersey
Wow my tech armor went on easy looks good..

can you post pics?

----------

I installed the armorsuit about 3 hours ago. At first it looked like there's absolutely no way it's going to contour to the corners and sit on there properly. However, I just kept using the squeegee to push out all the solution and it adhered to all of the corners without any problem. No lifting up or peeling. It looks like it's set on there pretty well already, but the site suggests to let it sit overnight.

Looking at the screen, you wouldn't know its on there, but it definitely the surface is definitely a bit less smooth than a normal dry-application screen protector. It's good for now, but I honestly think that I'm going to remove it once I get the Spigen Tough Armor which has a screen protector built in:
http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/apple-watch/apple-watch-case-tough-armor-42mm.html

any way you could post a pic or 2? and is there any orange peel looking like zaggs?

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
can you post pics?

----------

any way you could post a pic or 2? and is there any orange peel looking like zaggs?

It does appear to have a bit of that orange peel look (and feel) of the zagg protectors.

Attachments

• File Apr 25, 7 24 20 PM.jpeg
    File Apr 25, 7 24 20 PM.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 519
  • File Apr 25, 7 24 33 PM.jpeg
    File Apr 25, 7 24 33 PM.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,876
  • File Apr 25, 7 24 45 PM.jpeg
    File Apr 25, 7 24 45 PM.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 467

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
wait you're actually using a screen protector? I thought you were making a sapphire joke

No not at all lol. Yes, an Armorsuit 'zagg' style one, to protect the anti oil coating from getting scratched. I've seen a few examples where it's worn off and want to keep the screen pristine.

----------

did you get the full body or just the screen

Just the screen.

The pic I posted earlier is with the Armorsuit on.

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Here you go..

Mine didn't look that good. I can't see it and considering it's supposed to fit the active area of the screen only, that's a bit odd. It's not as if I don't have experience of applying screen protectors. I have them on my iPhone, iPad and 3DS.

I've also ordered a Zagg to see which arrives first.

----------

It does appear to have a bit of that orange peel look (and feel) of the zagg protectors.

I found with my iPhone and iPad the "orange peel" disappeared after a week or so of being applied.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
You don't need one unless you've got the Sport model.

this is true. I have one from day one and I didn't do anything other than MAYBE brush against something...? Nothing memorable for that matter and right now I am paying more attention to this watch than anything else so I don't think damage would have slipped by me.

but I have a small hairline scratch around on the left bottom corner of the screen that unless I showed you, you would't see, but I do. All in all, it is a watch attached to an appendage you use every day all day. It will get "worn" not "scratched".

PS: if they come out with a decent one before I get to many more little scratches I may look into it.

----------

Another reason I am hesitant to buy one is that it doesn't look like it reaches even close to the edges and near the edge is where my mystery hairline appeared.

*GeekChic

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Just ordered an Armorsuit protector for my 38mm...just a buck? Sure, why not?

I swear by protectors - I have one on my iPhone 6, iPad Air (skin on the front and back) and even my 11 inch MacBook Air (on the lid). I don't do cases though - not even on the phone - it has a clear skin on the front and back. I dropped my phone once onto the sidewalk, landed face down - not one crack in the glass because of the clear skin. So, peace of mind for $1? Heck yeah. Plus, I sell my items when I upgrade so I like to keep things scratch-free.

patrickpiteo

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Mine didn't look that good. I can't see it and considering it's supposed to fit the active area of the screen only, that's a bit odd. It's not as if I don't have experience of applying screen protectors. I have them on my iPhone, iPad and 3DS.

I've also ordered a Zagg to see which arrives first.

----------

[/COLOR]

I found with my iPhone and iPad the "orange peel" disappeared after a week or so of being applied.
I also am going to order a zagg anyway just to have.. Hers another picture.. Certain times you can see the edges not a big deal to me ...

image.jpg

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I can't fathom how obsessed one must be to even think about covering the display on such a tiny screen. Even covered the owner must still be nervous. Perfection is not a happy relaxed lifestyle.

While I'm not a fan of these particular cases I am interested to see what third party cases are produced. I'd love to see a battery case or a waterproof case.

----------

I also am going to order a zagg anyway just to have.. Hers another picture.. Certain times you can see the edges not a big deal to me ...

View attachment 545940

I so hate that you have your Watch and I have nothing. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.