Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I did not create this shortcut. My apologies if it has been previously posted. The shortcut will allow you to get the current battery level reading while using your Apple Watch. Comes in handy when your iPhone is not within sight or reach. I tested it many times and it works well, although it does take several seconds to give the answer on the S3.

hexon

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Any way to do a shortcut to tell my phone not to turn the screen off? It’d be useful to be able to tell siri to “keep my screen on” while I’m looking at a recipe on safari!

Reactions: ilawlin

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Any way to do a shortcut to tell my phone not to turn the screen off? It’d be useful to be able to tell siri to “keep my screen on” while I’m looking at a recipe on safari!

No, I don’t think there is. There’s not even a “normal” command for that, so there’s no command for Shortcuts to run to do this.

The only thing I could think of to do this may be some of those apps that simulate a screen touch.

I definitely feel your pain on this. Nothing like trying to keep the screen lit with fingers that have been dipping chicken in egg and flour!

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I did not create this shortcut. My apologies if it has been previously posted. The shortcut will allow you to get the current battery level reading while using your Apple Watch. Comes in handy when your iPhone is not within sight or reach. I tested it many times and it works well, although it does take several seconds to give the answer on the S3.

For some reason I can’t get this to work. The last time I tried it said that it would continue running in the Shortcuts app on the iPhone.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I have home eta setup to send message, I have tried to add current weather to home eta but I can’t get it to work. Can someone create sample and share. Thanks

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/bbeba4808ec94af88edb2af573f5b863

Here is a fairly simple one, your contacts will need to have their addresses included otherwise it won’t work. You could change it so that it asks for an address input and sends that to the contact of your choice.

EDIT**

this one has the ask for input option, either will work and you can choose whichever you’d like

Last edited:
Reactions: ganja24

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009

Here is a fairly simple one, your contacts will need to have their addresses included otherwise it won’t work. You could change it so that it asks for an address input and sends that to the contact of your choice.

EDIT**

this one has the ask for input option, either will work and you can choose whichever you’d like
Works Perfectly, thanks you!!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Just a note to posters here: not all of us are on Macs (or iOS devices) when reading posts here. It would be useful if you have a question to post screenshots of your Shortcuts rather than (or in addition to) posting the iCloud links. For one, I am leery about randomly downloading other user's Shortcuts just to see what you may be asking about. Doing screenshots, I (and perhaps others) can see how your Shortcut is laid out without having to leave this forum.

Thanks in advance!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Sorry if this exists..haven’t seen it.
Is there a way to make a shortcut that takes your IMDB search result for a movie and adds it to your amazon watch list or some similar platform?
Maybe starting with this shortcut and adding on?
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/cda5e8bde4b64fd6862d95d9b8bf8032

During the beta and, I think, version 2.0, there were actions built around Prime video. I don’t see those any more. Not sure where they went, but I think you’d need those to do what you are requesting.

Reactions: moviefanaddict2

FrankH0112

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2017
USA
Hi. Is there a shortcut to toggle WiFi calling? I need it on when at work but turn off when I leave (seems to drain more battery).

Thanks!

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Hi. Is there a shortcut to toggle WiFi calling? I need it on when at work but turn off when I leave (seems to drain more battery).

Thanks!

I’ve used WiFi calling ever since it came out. I don’t notice any extra battery drain

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

Thanks!

Nope. The complete list of system actions can be seen in the Scripting set of actions in Shortcuts. Toggling Wi-Fi calling is not one of them.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I’ve just merged all of my Google Photos back to iCloud Photos. But I have several hundred marked as favourites in google photos, is there a shortcut that could mark those photos as a favourite in my iCloud photos?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
For some reason I can’t get this to work. The last time I tried it said that it would continue running in the Shortcuts app on the iPhone.
The shortcut has stopped working for me as well. It may be due to iOS 5.1. In the meantime, I downloaded this app. It works nicely right on the watch face, albeit you have to pay the upgrade fee ($4) to have it on the watch face. Otherwise, the app is free and can still give you the reading without the watch face.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-battery-connectivity/id954912200?mt=8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.