Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
CarbonThat.

IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0030.jpeg

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Okay so I got my iPhone 11 a month ago and I bought an Otterbox Lumen and it’s feel like a huge brick in my hand ??‍♂️
I liked so much my Otterbox Symmetry case which I used to my old iPhone Xs.
So here’s the 1 Million question - who has the “Golden” case? The one that offers a good protection for the device while keeping it slim (as possible) and nice?
Would love to hear your opinions ?

I also ordered the Otter Box Lumen for my red ip 11 and liked the matching grip while still having some clear and subtle black elements in there. Matches great! My phone feels bulky but I may live with it. I did order another case to try which is glass on the back and privacy glass on the front.

Pictured is the older model. I ordered red for my iPhone 11 and the difficult part, it’s coming via post from China. If it does show, and in one piece, I will definitely post pics here.
6795747B-A5C4-4FBC-A25A-AB18445F2F1C.jpeg

Roykatz

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2019
I also ordered the Otter Box Lumen for my red ip 11 and liked the matching grip while still having some clear and subtle black elements in there. Matches great! My phone feels bulky but I may live with it. I did order another case to try which is glass on the back and privacy glass on the front.

Pictured is the older model. I ordered red for my iPhone 11 and the difficult part, it’s coming via post from China. If it does show, and in one piece, I will definitely post pics here. View attachment 870752
First of all thank you for sharing your opinion.
I don’t trust these kind of cases; it looks like the two pieces are hold together by magnets. From my past experience with this kind of case - the first time you drop it the two pieces break up and leave your phone unprotected.
If you end up getting a case with strong magnets I would love to know.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
First of all thank you for sharing your opinion.
I don’t trust these kind of cases; it looks like the two pieces are hold together by magnets. From my past experience with this kind of case - the first time you drop it the two pieces break up and leave your phone unprotected.
If you end up getting a case with strong magnets I would love to know.
Actually, I would think the case breaking apart upon impact, would help save the phone by absorbing the force. Kind of like formula one cars and safety barriers are designed to give upon impact.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Actually, I would think the case breaking apart upon impact, would help save the phone by absorbing the force. Kind of like formula one cars and safety barriers are designed to give upon impact.

Now I’m curious about that. Just don’t feel like testing that theory though.

Reactions: Bswartz95

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I'm not keen on the open bottom, someone needs to come up with a little colour matching add-on to cover the gap. Can't be that hard?

I saw a video where this lady had her 11 Pro in an Apple Leather case and in her back pocket. When she ran it popped out hitting the floor.
After picking her jaw off the floor she examined the phone and there was clearly a nasty dent/scuff on the unprotected bottom.

mr.anthonyramos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Hong Kong
Very thin compared to the limitless 3.0? Are you sure about that (as in do you have both to compare in person?)? Judging from every picture I’ve seen, as well as, every video review... they’re basically identical aside from the magnets? If you have them both, please compare them side by side..

The contour is indeed thinner. Just watch some YouTube reviews. Or visit your local store to compare. I have and it is thinner.
[automerge]1571841438[/automerge]
I'm not keen on the open bottom, someone needs to come up with a little colour matching add-on to cover the gap. Can't be that hard?

I saw a video where this lady had her 11 Pro in an Apple Leather case and in her back pocket. When she ran it popped out hitting the floor.
After picking her jaw off the floor she examined the phone and there was clearly a nasty dent/scuff on the unprotected bottom.

Exactly why I never use cases with an open bottom.

bpritchett

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2019
Chattanooga, TN
I picked up my 11 Pro Max yesterday and put an Otterbox Defender on it because it was quick and easy. I am still trying to decide on something thinner and lighter with great drop protection.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA

Well, my case arrived broken and already shared photos but decided to open it and further investigate if my phone would have been scratched by broken glass from a drop.

4769C7F6-D6EF-4171-A5AF-19FADB76E838.jpeg

Surprised to say, the inside of the glass has a plastic layer to protect the phone in such a event.
5D69CCFD-F7FB-4527-B0BD-C3A0A6D00313.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.