Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ztun

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2020
I created a perfect skin template for mine and used my Cricut to cut out skin for the magic keyboard and palm rest! It looks great and protects great!

Possible you can share your template? My wife has a Cricut and would love to cut my own.

Mcdj18

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2020
I got my Sopiguard today and I LOVE IT. Makes the case look much more professional, IMO. HOWEVER, it is now slippery. If I put it on an arm of a couch, it will slide off. The rubbery feel of the case is now gone on the outside.

The skin also came with some pieces for around the keyboard and to cover the trackpad, but I didn't put those on yet. Not sure I want those on. Maybe the pieces for the "hand rests" and under the iPad on the back of the keyboard...definitely not on the trackpad.

Anyway...I'm pleased and love the look!

View attachment 915396

View attachment 915397
This looks great! If you decide to do the inside please post more pics

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
Question for the folks that purchased the Sopiguard Magic Keyboard skin. How long did it take before you guys receive them ?

It's been over 2 weeks and I still haven't receive them :( . Been really careful on putting it on a clean surface when I use it. Would love to see more pictures of everyone's magic keyboard skin.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Question for the folks that purchased the Sopiguard Magic Keyboard skin. How long did it take before you guys receive them ?

It's been over 2 weeks and I still haven't receive them :( . Been really careful on putting it on a clean surface when I use it. Would love to see more pictures of everyone's magic keyboard skin.
I would contact them to get status. I ordered on Tuesday 6/2 and it was shipped the same day via USPS. The delivery estimate is Monday 6/8.

Reactions: JTan24

d.b.c

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Will share photos as soon as it’s here :)

Mine arrived this morning only like an idiot I’d ordered the 11 not the 12.9 by mistake. Very kindly they’ve done a straight swap. Looked good in terms of quality - so no photos yet but on first impression would recommend - just in the right size.....

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Mine arrived this morning only like an idiot I’d ordered the 11 not the 12.9 by mistake. Very kindly they’ve done a straight swap. Looked good in terms of quality - so no photos yet but on first impression would recommend - just in the right size.....

Really? When I contacted them they said it ships from Thursday so I should get mine by 18th. Mine is 12.9

Unless 12.9 takes longer. When did they say yours will arrive?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
All of you doing international orders are so patient, but I can tell you, it's worth the wait. In case it helps anyone, Sopiguard's website has a statement about international orders:

"International Shipments
Most of the time international tracking numbers will not update outside of the United States. In most cases, international mails should arrive within 2 to 3 weeks, but can sometimes take up to 6 weeks depends on various of reason. Please keep in mind that we cannot foresee how long your item will remain in customs, and this may slow the delivery process. For more information, please contact your local post office for further assistance."

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
I ordered the leather skin from Xtremeskinsuk and it arrived very quickly, all things considered (less than a week), and I am now so relieved that I can actually pick the keyboard up without leaving fingerprints all over the bloody thing. Super easy to install. No bubbles. Honestly think it will be easy to remove without damage as well. Although I don’t know why anyone would want to take it off and get that horrible material back anyway.

Attachments

• B29B1987-2D4D-4E31-9FE0-12A66696A4E5.jpeg
    B29B1987-2D4D-4E31-9FE0-12A66696A4E5.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 689
  • 2EB125B5-3445-475F-B27A-C023D4251160.jpeg
    2EB125B5-3445-475F-B27A-C023D4251160.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 197895FF-90D3-41A0-8E3A-76105DDC50BF.jpeg
    197895FF-90D3-41A0-8E3A-76105DDC50BF.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: ejin222 and 0128672

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Xtremeskinsuk said to me that 12.9 will ship from today as they have only just come in. 11 inch were in stock earlier.

d.b.c

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
My replacement arrived today so guess they have been waiting for them to arrive and now they have they can ship quickly. Very pleased with product and customer service and nice to finally have a company doing them that avoids US shipping and customs charges etc

Attachments

• BD16DF1B-02B7-4E75-AF91-6B72034BF69E.jpeg
    BD16DF1B-02B7-4E75-AF91-6B72034BF69E.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 9BBF06B1-AD32-43F5-9BDF-2EDA151B30B0.jpeg
    9BBF06B1-AD32-43F5-9BDF-2EDA151B30B0.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: ejin222

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
To anyone who has applied the sopiguard skin but later removed it ie-(palm rest area) did you notice any residue left behind?

I got my Magic Keyboard yesterday and I had order a Sopiguard which arrived before. I was SO disappointed with it. After using It for 30 minutes it was all marked up with finger prints. I took it off and tons of residue was left every where. The whole cast was sticky.

I used Goo Gone and it looks as new.

The only reason I got the skin was because the material Apple uses shows finger prints but the skin was much worse. Maybe if I get a lighter skin it would be better.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I got my Magic Keyboard yesterday and I had order a Sopiguard which arrived before. I was SO disappointed with it. After using It for 30 minutes it was all marked up with finger prints. I took it off and tons of residue was left every where. The whole cast was sticky.

The only reason I got the skin was because the material Apple uses shows finger prints but the skin was much worse. Maybe if I get a lighter skin it would be better.

Wow, bad news. I have one that I have yet to put on. Thanks for the warning. Which texture did you get?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020

Mine is a black forged carbon from Sopiguard and I have no fingerprints. I think the texture helps with that though. Sopiguard does warn about the residue, and like you did, advises to use Goo-Gone or alcohol wipes:

Please Read before Purchase:
Due to the rubbery texture on the Magic Keyboard case, there might be some residues remain on the surface when sticker removed. However, we were able to remove and clean up the residues with alcohol wipes (or goo-gone) without damaging the surface of Magic Keyboard. If you do not wish to spend time on cleaning up the residue, please do NOT purchase this product, nor putting any sticker product on your case. Again, there is no evidence that a sticker product will do damage to the surface of the case. But please do use it at your own risk. Thank you.

MarckyG

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Germany
Glad to see there are alternatives to Slickwraps... I was happy with them until my last order and it seems now they just took my money and ran off with it...

Nice that there are two alternatives for leather skins, I want to equip my iPad and the magic keyboard (as soon as I ordered one) with a leather skin and was wondering... does anybody know of a brand offering real leather skins?
The ones from Slickwraps were always premium and beautiful, never tried another brand’s leather skins.

Reactions: wolfedude88

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Glad to see there are alternatives to Slickwraps... I was happy with them until my last order and it seems now they just took my money and ran off with it...

Nice that there are two alternatives for leather skins, I want to equip my iPad and the magic keyboard (as soon as I ordered one) with a leather skin and was wondering... does anybody know of a brand offering real leather skins?
The ones from Slickwraps were always premium and beautiful, never tried another brand’s leather skins.
iupdate did a video on them on his YouTube channel exposing how bad they are...

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I am not looking to stir up trouble but an honest observation/question: I see why some people put screen protectors and/or cases on phones as the glass screen and back can be badly damaged if the phone is dropped. But, should the fabric on a very expensive Magic Keyboard not be able to withstand normal use without having it covered by and after market material? Why is Apple, the company who is usually (used to be?) so interested in producing high quality, strong long lasting products selling a keyboard which appears not to wear well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.