Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California

Also:
"Announced ahead of the show, the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation were presented with a special Lifetime Achievement Award. It was presented to the TNG cast by producer and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. The award went to Sir Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, and Wil Wheaton (who were all at the event) as well as LeVar Burton and Jonathan Frakes, who had scheduling conflicts."

There was also https://bleedingcool.com/tv/saturn-awards-honoring-seth-macfarlane-william-shatner-presenting/.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/stphoenixseries
had a bunch of coverage of the awards earlier today.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Low Key favorite Star Trek 4

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 26

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
"Hello computer"

"Why? How do you know he didn't invent the thing?"

And my favorite exchange:
  • McCoy : Perhaps, we could cover a little philosophical ground. Life
    [pause]
    McCoy : Death
    [pause]
    McCoy : Life.
    [pause]
    McCoy : Things of that nature.
    Spock : I did not have time on Vulcan to review the philosophical disciplines.
    McCoy : C'mon, Spock, it's me, McCoy. You really have gone where no man's gone before. Can't you tell me what it felt like?
    Spock : It would be impossible to discuss the subject without a common frame-of-reference.
    McCoy : You're joking!
    Spock : A joke
    [pause]
    Spock : is a story with a humorous climax.
    McCoy : You mean I have to die to discuss your insights on death?
    Spock : Forgive me, Doctor. I am receiving a number of distress calls.
    McCoy : I don't doubt it.

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010

[pause]
    [pause]
    [pause]
    McCoy : C'mon, Spock, it's me, McCoy. You really have gone where no man's gone before. Can't you tell me what it felt like?
    Spock : It would be impossible to discuss the subject without a common frame-of-reference.
    [pause]
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home; The best Star Trek movie made IMHO! Although, Wrath of Kahn was pretty damn good.

bluesky420

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2024

[pause]
    [pause]
    [pause]
    [pause]
I am back, I prefer spock

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Hmmm. To summarize, Paramount and Amazon apparently signed an agreement to develop Star Trek Legacy, with Seven, Raffi, Picard Jr et al for late 2025.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Reactions: cwerdna

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
A young "Rachel Garrett" (captain of the Enterprise-C) is rumored to be one of the characters on Section 31.

The Variety article confirms she will appear, which means that the movie will be set during "The Lost Era" between 2293 and 2332 (presuming Garrett was the CO of the Enterprise-C from commissioning in 2332).

Reactions: Rafterman

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
Supposedly, this will open on May 27, 2024: https://arstechnica.com/culture/202...estored-star-trek-1701-d-bridge-opens-in-may/ ("The restored Star Trek Enterprise-D bridge goes on display in May
The bridge is going on display at Sci-Fi World Musem in Santa Monica, California.")

I haven't followed the saga of its restoration. I'll need to hear if it's legit and worth visiting before make the ~330 mile trek there...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Season 5 of Discovery started up. Apparently, they are picking up the ST:TNG story from the episode "The Chase", about the origins of life in the galaxy.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Disco S5:E1 is available for free on YouTube in the US for a bit under a week: https://trekmovie.com/2024/04/04/wa...season-5-premiere-for-free-on-youtube-in-usa/.

I'm holding off on watching Disco S5 until I hear more verdicts about whether it's any good. S4 turned out to be a waste of time. :(

Also, April 5th will be first contact day. :)
I've watched all the "live actor" ST series and this is the very first series I have completely lost interest in and actually was annoyed at the heavy handed writing. For those of you who do enjoy, keep enjoying. Everyone is a bit different and that is a good thing.

Reactions: GlenK and cwerdna

Bug-Creator

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2011
Germany
Dunno, loved "Fred" as he was so much Data/Lore/Before without being any of them, picking up that old story line that should have played a bigger role in any ST after it sounds good.
Didn't like the "villain is kinda like Booker's little sister" idea, seems a bit too constructed.

New No1 could be a good addition or maybe a very bad one.....
Sideshows, so Saru's love affair, the politics and Tilly at the academy do make the world a bit more complete to the point where it almost feels like DS9 (peek ST if you ask me).

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I've watched all the "live actor" ST series and this is the very first series I have completely lost interest in and actually was annoyed at the heavy handed writing. For those of you who do enjoy, keep enjoying. Everyone is a bit different and that is a good thing.

Yeah, Strange New Worlds killed the others for me. It's the only new one I've wanted to watch since it came out!!

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Yeah, Strange New Worlds killed the others for me. It's the only new one I've wanted to watch since it came out!!
I like it as well and it does have some "influences" but a bit more subtle which is fine. I think Peck's Spock is more to my liking than Z.Q. Peck's voice and cadence adds value though I didn't like the wimp rapport he had with his betrothed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.