Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wellander1

Contributor
Apr 30, 2019
Chandler az
appstored returns this

cwd
/
txt
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppStoreDaemon.framework/Support/appstoreagent
txt
/Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.1LT1pFA5
txt
/usr/share/icu/icudt62l.dat
txt
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/DAAP.sqlitedb-shm
txt
/private/var/db/timezone/tz/2021a.1.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat
txt
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/Cache.db-shm
txt
/private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages
txt
/private/var/folders/26/4yh5rzqx3xbbz2hlpqbs731h0000gn/0/com.apple.LaunchServices-231-v2.csstore
txt
/usr/lib/dyld
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
->0xe0f9741e32d6ebed
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/Cache.db
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/DAAP.sqlitedb
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/DAAP.sqlitedb-wal
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/Cache.db-wal
[ctl com.apple.netsrc id 8 unit 36]

Like the 10.13 issue with the crashing apps as in sqlitedb maybe a relation.

Reactions: Patrice Brousseau

Patrice Brousseau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
Montréal, Canada
appstored returns this

cwd
/
txt
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppStoreDaemon.framework/Support/appstoreagent
txt
/Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.1LT1pFA5
txt
/usr/share/icu/icudt62l.dat
txt
txt
/private/var/db/timezone/tz/2021a.1.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat
txt
txt
/private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages
txt
/private/var/folders/26/4yh5rzqx3xbbz2hlpqbs731h0000gn/0/com.apple.LaunchServices-231-v2.csstore
txt
/usr/lib/dyld
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
->0xe0f9741e32d6ebed
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/Cache.db
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/DAAP.sqlitedb
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/DAAP.sqlitedb-wal
/Users/bryanwellander/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent/Cache.db-wal
[ctl com.apple.netsrc id 8 unit 36]

Like the 10.13 issue with the crashing apps as in sqlitedb maybe a relation.
Interesting...even if I absolutely don’t know how to interpret it ;)

msh

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
Interesting. I would think that your machine does not pre-date my Late 2008 MacBook?
Certainly not. It is a 2009 MacPro which has been upgraded to a 2010 5,1 MacPro. From what I am learning this issue with Mohave and the App Store doesn't seem to have anything to do with the MacPro hardware.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Certainly not. It is a 2009 MacPro which has been upgraded to a 2010 5,1 MacPro. From what I am learning this issue with Mohave and the App Store doesn't seem to have anything to do with the MacPro hardware.
Yes. It seems that Apple either wants us to upgrade the macOS or to buy a new hardware. Mojave is not the “end of the line” OS like El Capitan or High Sierra for some hardware.

msh

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
Yes. It seems that Apple either wants us to upgrade the macOS or to buy a new hardware. Mojave is not the “end of the line” OS like El Capitan or High Sierra for some hardware.
Mohave is certainly the end of the line for my machine. Not sure Apple is trying to force upgrades deliberately with this App Store debacle; after all my 2008 MacBook Pro runs the App Store without issue under Yosemite. It is probably just benign neglect on their part.

Infinite Vortex

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2015
Mohave is certainly the end of the line for my machine. Not sure Apple is trying to force upgrades deliberately with this App Store debacle; after all my 2008 MacBook Pro runs the App Store without issue under Yosemite. It is probably just benign neglect on their part.
As all other OS X/macOS versions continue to work with the App Store unchanged, in some cases for years, one can hardly say the way the App Store operates has changed in any way. So I wonder how and why Apple would need to change something specific for Mojave. I don't see this being benign neglect given the obvious action to take in the first place was "absolutely nothing ".

BKDad

macrumors regular
May 16, 2011
As all other OS X/macOS versions continue to work with the App Store unchanged, in some cases for years, one can hardly say the way the App Store operates has changed in any way. So I wonder how and why Apple would need to change something specific for Mojave. I don't see this being benign neglect given the obvious action to take in the first place was "absolutely nothing ".
What's the old saying? "If it ain't fixed, break it"? Something like that.

msh

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
Well, we don't really know. Perhaps there was something unique latent in Mojave that didn't work with a small tweek Apple may have made in the App Store that didn't affect any other Mac OS version. That is what I mean by benign. Apple could either fix the issue in Mojave or in the App Store app. I am not betting on either.

I have been aware for awhile now that the old Mac Pros were going to die but I thought it would be from hardware failure not the App Store.

Last edited:

BKDad

macrumors regular
May 16, 2011
Well, we don't really know. Perhaps there was something unique latent in Mojave that didn't work with a small tweek Apple may have made in the App Store that didn't affect any other Mac OS version. That is what I mean by benign. Apple could either fix the issue in Mojave or in the App Store app. I am not betting on either.

I have been aware for awhile now that the old Mac Pros were going to die but I thought it would be from hardware failure not the App Store.
Yeah - this is more like euthanasia applied to working computers.

I still say that the lesson here is to not use the App Store for macOS applications wherever possible.

amstel78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2018
I just got off the phone with Apple tech support. Engineering is aware of the issue, however the rep said that the more people that call and provide information will help narrow things down. That said, I suggest everyone affected give Apple a call. It'll take less than 10 minutes and you'll be provided with a case number. At the very least, you'll be able to get status updates as to a fix if you provide your email.

msh

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
That's good to know. My chat session with Apple support yesterday did not go well. They basically didn't want to support a 2010 MacPro. Sounds like I should try telephone support instead of chat.

amstel78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2018
That's good to know. My chat session with Apple support yesterday did not go well. They basically didn't want to support a 2010 MacPro. Sounds like I should try telephone support instead of chat.
I didn't tell the support agent that took all my info what computer I was using, nor did he ask. I opened the conversation by basically telling them that this problem is not just affecting me, but many others over a wide range of computer hardware.

I will say that I was passed on to a tier 2 support rep immediately after the first one asked what computer I was using. I just said it was a Mac Pro with no specificities given. Perhaps they thought it was a 7,1 so who knows.

Patrice Brousseau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
Montréal, Canada
I didn't tell the support agent that took all my info what computer I was using, nor did he ask. I opened the conversation by basically telling them that this problem is not just affecting me, but many others over a wide range of computer hardware.

I will say that I was passed on to a tier 2 support rep immediately after the first one asked what computer I was using. I just said it was a Mac Pro with no specificities given. Perhaps they thought it was a 7,1 so who knows.
As I’ve said... ahem Hackintoshes here... so I can’t really phone Apple Support but thanks to you to remind users to report the problem.

Reactions: amstel78
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.