Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djalix69

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
@djalix69: Thanks for your insights, but yeah, seems I still miss the point. Where did I say it was customers fault? Where did I upset you? Where did I treat you bad? I clearly came up with a statement, an explanation of why the problem happened, trying to find a solution which unfortunately doesn't exist and how to refund. This was my first response to you and @berno and I repeated it several times explaining it further. This is exactly what you're writing/asking for in your post. I don't know what you expect from me further? Is it because I can't refund it directly to you? Well, it's the App Store, there's Apple in the way, I just don't have the possibility for that... It's not like buying from my own shop where I have control over payment, it goes directly through Apple (who then also take their 30% of it). Otherwise I clearly don't understand the problem.

@BigMcGuire: Enjoy your pizza then! I went with a sandwich :)
Yup, you really are missing the point so no point carrying on. Anyway, refund is pending and review has been left. Hope you treat your customers better in future.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Yup, you really are missing the point so no point carrying on. Anyway, refund is pending and review has been left. Hope you treat your customers better in future.
What a waste of time… New lesson learnt.

Reactions: max2

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Just submitted version 2.9.8, which should hopefully be better regarding Premium status after updating.
Working great for me!

The connection imitations are a lot faster too! I like how I click on the server and it'll change the connection to the server almost instantly.

Very nice.

Also I am making sure to use the US (Middle) for the unlimited bandwidth :D (I am a light user anyway so it works for me).

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
@BigMcGuire Thanks for your support. Yeah it's sad, but I knew it will happen, I'm trying to not bother too much. Having a father like that also didn't help much ;). I'm doing my best and if one doesn't understand, I can't do anything about it. I try to remind myself that most people actually have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

About the Mac App, I hope that exactly these problems you mention I have fixed in the today's update version 2.9.7. I couldn't reproduce it myself, so maybe it does the trick. But I'm also at a limit here, the iPad to Mac conversion thing in Xcode (called Mac Catalyst) isn't as good as I thought.

About the servers: On the 3 free ones I have unlimited traffic, the others don't. So I have to monitor them.

@Apple_Robert: Yeah but how, if Apple doesn't allow me to gift the In-App Purchase? Should I PayPal them? Through my code it also isn't possible to distinguish.

About the Premium issue, are you also one of them who bought the combined lifetime unlock one?
When I upgraded the app and got the spinning wheel I posted about, I didn't realize you had separated the purchases as I had suggested. I went ahead and purchased the lifetime a few moments ago.

Even though there are some things that probably could have been handled a little better, I still think you are an honest guy who is trying to make a good app and that is why I made another purchase.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
When I upgraded the app and got the spinning wheel I posted about, I didn't realize you had separated the purchases as I had suggested. I went ahead and purchased the lifetime a few moments ago.

Even though there are some things that probably could have been handled a little better, I still think you are an honest guy who is trying to make a good app and that is why I made another purchase.
Thank you very much for your support! :) I really appreciate it.

Yes, I maybe shouldn't have to rush that much with the Mac App, so I could have better thought before to avoid such a mistake… But have to continue now from here.

berno

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2005
Northwest UK
As suggested by @pvalerio I requested a refund from Apple which I have now received. Today I bought the "lifetime version for Mac" at the higher price in the hope that I will receive a refund of the difference.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
As suggested by @pvalerio I requested a refund from Apple which I have now received. Today I bought the "lifetime version for Mac" at the higher price in the hope that I will receive a refund of the difference.
Glad to hear that! Send me a PM or feedback through App with your PayPal address and the amount, then I'll do.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Is anybody using the app on an older OS? (older than iOS 16.1 / macOS 13.0)

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Just wanted to report usage:

I had SwizzVPN on for almost 24 hours - and I put it through the paces. I used the US Middle server. I could not tell the difference between my 500/500 FIOS the entire day. And I do World of Warcraft Classic at night with Discord (voice chat). I did calls, loaded webpages, did a little Youtube - it was perfect.

I actually forgot I still had VPN on when I woke up this morning.

That's a win in my book.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Just wanted to report usage:

I had SwizzVPN on for almost 24 hours - and I put it through the paces. I used the US Middle server. I could not tell the difference between my 500/500 FIOS the entire day. And I do World of Warcraft Classic at night with Discord (voice chat). I did calls, loaded webpages, did a little Youtube - it was perfect.

I actually forgot I still had VPN on when I woke up this morning.

That's a win in my book.
Happy to hear that!

If you mind, it would help me to have a review in the App Store.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-20 um 02.19.19.png

Apple :rolleyes: Hope I can just rename the feature.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The Mac app (latest release on M2 MBA Ventura) seems to still have a problem trying to auto reconnect after the Mac has been idle for a while. It is still getting stuck in the yellow connecting loop. Once I wake the Mac, I find I am not connecting to the internet and I have to stop the app from trying to reconnect, and then I manually connect and it works.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
The Mac app (latest release on M2 MBA Ventura) seems to still have a problem trying to auto reconnect after the Mac has been idle for a while. It is still getting stuck in the yellow connecting loop. Once I wake the Mac, I find I am not connecting to the internet and I have to stop the app from trying to reconnect, and then I manually connect and it works.
Usually it should pick up at least after 10 seconds. How often does it happen? May you test the next time, if it picks up after a minute? Have to look where I can tweak that further, and see if the macOS 13.3 release next week changes something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.