Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I was worried that if the team lost, this show would end on a depressing note, but I did not feel depressed afterwards. I think it was Ted's Do You Believe in Miracles Speech, and then the one that got me was the At least you're not sad and alone speech. That last speech actually did hit me hard, mainly this year where people are sad and alone. It just felt like that speech was more upbeat than it should have been, and I think it's a credit to the tone of the show and Jason's delivery of it that made this episode really really great. Also, the last scene with Ted and Rebecca and the water was hilarious.

I'm not going to rewatch the season now, but maybe around the Holidays I will rewatch this season. I said last week that this show reminded me a little of The Good Place, and I think now that the season is done, this might go down as my favorite new show of 2020. In such a down year, a show like this was needed and welcome.

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Can't wait for tonight! and Can't wait for Season 2! Was it filmed back to back? If so we should see it soon I hope!

Corsig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
One of the best shows I've watched in a long time. When you get invested in several characters the writers and actors have done their job. Very cleverly written

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I was reading an article about how quick Netflix is to cancel their shows. A lot of the comments centered on ending shows to early or letting them drag on too long. All of that got me thinking about how many more seasons we may get of Ted Lasso.

I really, really (really) enjoyed the show, but I think it only needs 2 more seasons to tell the story, based on Ted’s “To Do” list from the last episode.
1)Get Promoted and 2)Win the whole dang thing

I partially say this because it’s a Bill Lawrence (of Scrubs fame) show, and I think that show went on for about 3-4 seasons too many.

Reactions: nutmac

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
So if the Emmy nominations come out in late July, do we think that this show having debuted pretty much a year earlier hurts its chances come awards season?

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2016
Only just signed up to Apple TV via apple one sub, this is the first show I started to watch, brilliant and light hearted fun comedy, needed something like this to cheer me up with all the doom and gloom in the world currently.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Renewed for SEASON THREE!!!!

Looks like that might be the last season as well:

Reactions: 0128672

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Watched last week, best thing I saw on TV + without question. Servant has potential but I need to see what they're doing with S2.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I thought the first episode was trite, immature and nitwitted.
the story plot was rehashed too many times last century and the acting and cinematography was too fast.

i am still a very nice person, loves and protects the planet and uses many apple products.

Reactions: qoop

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
i am still a very nice person, loves and protects the planet and uses many apple products.
I'm not sure what the point of saying this is. You don't need to attempt to defer or defend every criticism you make that relates to Apple's properties. Your opinion is just as valid as those that would bash your comment. If people really want to pick from that bone they probably shouldn't be regarded anyway...

Reactions: MBAir2010

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, but it’s one of my favorite current shows from any source and my favorite Apple TV+ show by far.

Some of the good lines and scenes have been mentioned, but I’ll throw in the curse breaking scene. Easily could‘ve been over done but wasn’t.

Also supposed hard ass Roy knowing the lyrics to Let It Go because of his niece.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
It’s a nice, light hearted comedy with a very predictable feel-good story line, over the top caricatures and some childish humour. For me, it’s slightly better than mediocre thanks to the naive, optimistic spirit of Jason

It’s great however that ATV+ has some comedy to offer besides drama and documentaries.

qoop

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2021
THE UNITED KINGDOM
The gold standard for all things football has to be Roy of the Rovers. And Ron 'Jumpers For Goalposts' Manager from The Fast Show.

Attachments

• 19811219.jpg
    19811219.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 77

Donovan2020

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2021
Great comedy meets feel-good. Rare mix, and turned out incredible. Best recent TV series by a long shot.

Bluetoot-

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2020
Started watching since they announced Season 2; said “what the hell”; might as well give Apple TV another shot. Not a bad show; it’s funny. Not exhilarating either.
One gripe; there’s very little football in this show about a football team. I expect a little more sports comedy; the middle of the season is a lot of hooking up and drama. Gotta have I guess, but Ted is an unconventional coach; let’s see some unconventional coaching.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Started watching since they announced Season 2; said “what the hell”; might as well give Apple TV another shot. Not a bad show; it’s funny. Not exhilarating either.
One gripe; there’s very little football in this show about a football team. I expect a little more sports comedy; the middle of the season is a lot of hooking up and drama. Gotta have I guess, but Ted is an unconventional coach; let’s see some unconventional coaching.

I think that's what I like about it. It's more of a behind the scenes of the team, about Ted having to adapt to life in England and the people having to put up with him. If you've seen 30 Rock, I think Ted Lasso borrows a lot from 30 Rock, being the show about the show rather than showing the TV show itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.