Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
I may be getting ahead of myself here, but who else is pumped for Friday?

Trailer looks fantastic. Niv Sultan also looks fantastic. Love Shaun Toub’s acting. If it is anything like Homeland or Fauda, I think it will be a hit.

Definitely an ATV+ title up my alley (compared with See or Defending Jacob).

WSJ gave it a positive review so far:https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/tehran/s01

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Trailer looks pretty good, I hope this will be interesting as it seems and hopefully not too liberal.

Reactions: Jxdawg

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Not a fan of subtitling... seems you spend more time reading and not watching.

First episode died in the middle of it so I have to restart from the beginning. First show to do this on the AppleTV... also my first show that required subtitles. If I only spoke a mideastern dialect.

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Enjoyed the first episode or so, then it became a bit "Perils of Pauline - 2020 version". I hope it isn't going to be predicable - Agent beats up daughter's friends - daughter informs police - police interview family - family confesses - husband loses position etc etc.

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
So far pretty interesting will see how it goes with future episodes. Haven’t really seen a TV show about Mossad so could be a very interesting show.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Wish I was fluent in multiple languages. Great show so far. I have always been a fan of "foreign" (none US based) spy/political shows.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
Yes, that is why Tamar stayed in Iran, she was about to leave but didn't cause she got word they have Faraz' wife.
When did that happen? As far as we know she has no contact with Mossad.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Was that implied or explicit? I may have to rewatch the last part of the episode because I did not catch that part.

It was implied... Tamar leaves Sick Boy's apartment... then they cut to the scene where Faraz' wife is leaving the hospital and placed in the ambulance for the ride to the airport... the orderly is on the phone and says "we have the patient"... then Tamar returns to Sick Boy's apartment and says that she wants to help him black out the city.

iOS Geek

Suspended
Nov 7, 2017
I haven't watched it yet (yeah I know I'm scrolling through a thread with a spoiler warning...so I haven't read through any posts here...just scrolled all the way down) ? However, I did catch mention of subtitles. If I remember correctly, this show is in Hebrew, right? If that's the case, I'll clearly be focusing more on the subtitles! As for my wife...Hebrew is her first language, sooooo those subtitles will just be getting in her way ?

Reactions: IamScotty

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I haven't watched it yet (yeah I know I'm scrolling through a thread with a spoiler warning...so I haven't read through any posts here...just scrolled all the way down) ? However, I did catch mention of subtitles. If I remember correctly, this show is in Hebrew, right? If that's the case, I'll clearly be focusing more on the subtitles! As for my wife...Hebrew is her first language, sooooo those subtitles will just be getting in her way ?
It's a collection of a variety of languages, including Hebrew, Persian/Farsi, and English.

Reactions: iOS Geek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.