Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Am currently reading recipes for the Czech marinated cheese (Nakádlány Hermelín), basically a marinated Camembert or Brie - (I've had it in pubs in the Czech Republic and it was addictive), which would be rather nice to treat myself to over the Christmas period.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Am currently reading recipes for the Czech marinated cheese (Nakádlány Hermelín), basically a marinated Camembert or Brie - (I've had it in pubs in the Czech Republic and it was addictive), which would be rather nice to treat myself to over the Christmas period.
Have you ever tried the Georgian Sulguni cheese? It was rather popular in the former USSR.

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
Did you ever try Provalone cheese when you make grilled cheese sandwiches? My wife has spoiled me with these.

I will now have it no other way, not even American cheese can now compare.

Reactions: decafjava

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
This is now your homework assignment, report back with pictures... and I will even post one of my wife making one in an ancient cast iron skillet thats close to 100 years old, we got as a wedding gift.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This is now your homework assignment, report back with pictures... and I will even post one of my wife making one in an ancient cast iron skillet thats close to 100 years old, we got as a wedding gift.

I don't do pictures, but I am rather partial to cheese.

However, an ancient cast iron skillet (close to 100 years old? Impressive) sounds fascinating.

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
I don't do pictures, but I am rather partial to cheese.

However, an ancient cast iron skillet (close to 100 years old? Impressive) sounds fascinating.
The thing about cast iron, is they get seasoned as you cook different foods with them. you dont scrub them clean, just a simple rinse and out. My wife is a southern belle blonde who's mom was a school cook, and is a great cook herself. We have 3 cast iron skillets, all the same age, from her mom and her aunt, when we got married 16 years ago.

Fried chicken cooked in cast iron is legendary...

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Depends on the whiskey. I'd have to test more of that in future... :)

Cellar cheddar should be a number one item for you this year if you can grab it. Its musty qualities are delicious.

Kiko-Li

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
So, it looks like there is some interest in that wonderful thing we call cheese. So, having said that, here is the MacRumors official cheese thread.

I would have to say some of my favorite styles of cheese are; Brea, Blue, and of course extra sharp cheddar! Not to be outdone, but I also really like some goat cheeses that we have picked up over the years.

Of course one cannot just have cheese alone, so if you have any pairings, whether it is with a good wine or beer! Please post those also........
Cheese is power

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I indulged in an excellent grilled chicken sandwich last night with camembert and cranberry sauce offered at a local burger chain called "Holy Cow."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.