Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Do someone know if the new sport loop bands have been "3rd-partied" :D?

I can't find them yet anywhere

And what do you know, they arrived today. Cerulean doesn't look as good as I hoped, but Hyper Grape is nice. These are knock offs.

Attachments

• IMG_2835.JPG
    IMG_2835.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 525
  • IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2836.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 472
Reactions: PrettyWings

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Nice, it looks exactly like the originals.

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna go on a shopping spree :D

No problem. My house is quite dark (wifes eyes suffer in bright light), and the afternoon light was fading. I'll wear Hyper Grape to work tomorrow and take a shot in proper daylight and office lighting for a more accurate photo.

I think (although not sure) that the Hyper Grape has less purple than Apples, and Cerulean has less orange. Both of these came with the Nike reflective strands, so they have the extremely bright stripes under a camera flash.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland

Attachments

• IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 525

satpak

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
California
And what do you know, they arrived today. Cerulean doesn't look as good as I hoped, but Hyper Grape is nice. These are knock offs.

If you don’t mind, can I bother you to ask for length of the band (hyper grape). I’m looking to buy one for my 40mm AW4. Also I see an option to ship from US, is it any faster than the usual 15-30 day wait?

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
If you don’t mind, can I bother you to ask for length of the band (hyper grape). I’m looking to buy one for my 40mm AW4. Also I see an option to ship from US, is it any faster than the usual 15-30 day wait?

Not a problem! Top loop is the fake Hyper Grape, bottom loop is the Official Apple/Nike reflective black sport loop. Both are the 42/44mm variety.

Measures at 22cm-23cm (8.5 inches). Around 1cm shorter than the official Apple loop.

It says it has US Shipping options, but whenever I select it, it says it's not available for me. This might be because I'm in the UK. I've always had to use the China option. I tend to find delivery time is 30 days, rather than the "15-30" that's quoted. But it's also 90% cheaper, and to be honest - the quality is basically the same. Some won't agree, but there really is very little difference (if anything at all) in the sport loops.

Attachments

• IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 469
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: satpak and nospleen

satpak

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
California
Not a problem! Top loop is the fake Hyper Grape, bottom loop is the Official Apple/Nike reflective black sport loop. Both are the 42/44mm variety.

Measures at 22cm-23cm (8.5 inches). Around 1cm shorter than the official Apple loop.

It says it has US Shipping options, but whenever I select it, it says it's not available for me. This might be because I'm in the UK. I've always had to use the China option. I tend to find delivery time is 30 days, rather than the "15-30" that's quoted. But it's also 90% cheaper, and to be honest - the quality is basically the same. Some won't agree, but there really is very little difference (if anything at all) in the sport loops.

Thank you very much for the detailed post. Very helpful. And yes, I 100% agree that it’s way cheaper with similar quality and having owned about 5 other non-apple bands, I definitely enjoy the freedom to have multiple colors at fraction of the cost.

Reactions: Akrapovic

satpak

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
California
Slightly off topic, but I couldn’t find a reliable option anywhere. Sorry.

Is there an AliExpress store similar to URVOI where I can buy iPhone silicone cases? I’m seeing a lot of reference to URVOI in this thread and upon looking it up, they are a top seller, highly rated and their presentation seems good as well. For some reason they never appeared in my searches. Thanks to this thread.

I used to buy Apple Cases and Watch bands at random AliExpress stores, but not anymore. Bought watch bands from top rated sellers and I can see a difference. Hope there is one for iPhone silicone cases too.

Any recommendations with links would be helpful. Thanks.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Slightly off topic, but I couldn’t find a reliable option anywhere. Sorry.

Is there an AliExpress store similar to URVOI where I can buy iPhone silicone cases? I’m seeing a lot of reference to URVOI in this thread and upon looking it up, they are a top seller, highly rated and their presentation seems good as well. For some reason they never appeared in my searches. Thanks to this thread.

I used to buy Apple Cases and Watch bands at random AliExpress stores, but not anymore. Bought watch bands from top rated sellers and I can see a difference. Hope there is one for iPhone silicone cases too.

Any recommendations with links would be helpful. Thanks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/URV...0.0&pvid=afc52a9c-657d-4fc3-842a-ce5902c060a8

satpak

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
California

satpak

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
California

I had left a message to the seller and to my surprise he replied. Unfortunately 230mm won’t cut it for me. Need something around 220mm.

Attachments

• A1C4B50D-FB68-4FE5-90EA-169B6135037F.jpeg
    A1C4B50D-FB68-4FE5-90EA-169B6135037F.jpeg
    803.8 KB · Views: 332

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Will check them out. Thanks.
[doublepost=1557158971][/doublepost]

Not sure if you meant to share an AliExpress link for iPhone silicone cases, but the current link takes me to URVOI watch band page.

Sorry, I misread. I thought you were talking about their watch bands

OMGwtfBBQwings

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
just a word of warning: i bought the 6th gen link bracelet from the taobao guy for £40-50 and after 2 weeks the watch fell of twice and almost smashed my watch. thankful i was wearing a long sleeve shirt and i felt it give way.

would not recommend. the button mechanism that allows you to remove links is the culprit here (wished they make so you needed the tool to replace them so much more sturdier). going to super glue the links and see how that holds up

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
Are there any third party leather loops in 42/44mm size Medium? My genuine loop in M fits my son just fine, but the Urvoi loop I have is about an inch and a half too long.
[doublepost=1557990940][/doublepost]
just a word of warning: i bought the 6th gen link bracelet from the taobao guy for £40-50 and after 2 weeks the watch fell of twice and almost smashed my watch. thankful i was wearing a long sleeve shirt and i felt it give way.

would not recommend. the button mechanism that allows you to remove links is the culprit here (wished they make so you needed the tool to replace them so much more sturdier). going to super glue the links and see how that holds up

Weird. My link from the Taobao guy was genuine not a clone and much more solid than my 6th gen Urvoi. I wear mine daily since before Xmas. Is he selling clones now too? If so the Urvoi clone was great.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
I guess this has been asked a number of times before, but are there any
  • 1) recommended 3rd party brown leather straps with black 'buckles', and availability in the EU? Or
  • 2) Any leather or 'leather-like' straps that works for working out (biking/running)?

edit for example for biking to work, i dont want to change out to the sports band that came with the watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: ascender

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I guess this has been asked a number of times before, but are there any
  • 1) recommended 3rd party brown leather straps with black 'buckles', and availability in the EU? Or
  • 2) Any leather or 'leather-like' straps that works for working out (biking/running)?

edit for example for biking to work, i dont want to change out to the sports band that came with the watch.

I've bought a couple from E3Motorcycles over the years who are based in the US but ship to the EU very quickly. Their products are really well made, great quality and very durable.

As to your second point, I've not seen one yet, so usually end up changing straps before and after working out. I'll be interested to see if there is something out there which is good for that though.

Reactions: PaulKemp

lykbutta

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
One of my coworkers went on amazon and showed me a 3rd party band. It was really nice. I went to order a couple and they have an 8 pack for $39.99. I was all for paying $45_$50 for watch bands but no more.

Vati on Amazon

Attachments

• 7C601F3A-4A6D-416A-906D-2F73D3B0071C.jpeg
    7C601F3A-4A6D-416A-906D-2F73D3B0071C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 621
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.