Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

skanska

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Would I recommend it ? Yes I would.

Near 3 weeks in worn everyday at work and still no scratches all links are ok and only popped open once and that might have be me pushing the Watch down my wrist slightly.
34361ad8edfcd840cd1c17afe58cc811.jpg
503a4be986609205ba6fc70d00e4d435.jpg

skanska

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
OK, you got me. Ordered today to go with my stainless black that's on its way from O2

If it’s anything like this one you won’t be disappointed. Let us know how it pans out. good returns if not what you expected with amazon.

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
If it’s anything like this one you won’t be disappointed. Let us know how it pans out. good returns if not what you expected with amazon.
I ordered the exact same one you have - You're photos and comments were very helpful in me making my mind up

Reactions: skanska

skanska

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
I ordered the exact same one you have - You're photos and comments were very helpful in me making my mind up

Let us know what you think because all i can review is the actual one i had received but I hope you get the same quality as i got well I’m happy with it and if it only last a few years then I will still be happy I couldn’t justify the apple cost, but that’s not saying that if i was minted I wouldn’t because I would.

antwon412

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Wife bought me my first watch as a gift last week. 42mm SG S3.

Got this band off amazon for $7. BOTOMALL brand. Fits and looks as good as the Apple band.

I edited the second pic to give a better representation of the actual color. It’s almost neon it’s so bright.

At first I wast sure I liked it. It’s so bright compared to the black band. It after a couple minutes I realized I really like it. I greatly prefer the bright band. image.jpg 00D89C3D-B152-4AA4-88FB-D003924ADFC0.jpeg

skanska

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Thank you for the recommendation. Just spent about $35 worth of bands in the last hour.
I’m excited for them to come in. I’ll have at least one band a day for half the month lol.
I also ordered a SS link band (Black), anyone has experience with this one?

Reactions: rwings01

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Does anybody have an Apple Leather Loop? Just wondering what, if any identifiers there are to tell its a genuine one?

Reactions: xDKP

germ1

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2019
Ordered two bands from the taobao seller. Not the cheapest but they are legit perfect. I snuck some good time at the Apple store to compare and from material to markings I firmly believe you can’t tell. These two bands are miles above the quality of urvoi.

Side by side with legit you cannot tell the difference even by feel or fit.

c3532bbd8985efae88c1c70e7a2a3ec1.jpg
57f743c12e4c86b7692d277bb4dcf310.jpg

I ordered the indigo craie from the Taotao seller, and I have to admit that I am very impressed. Do you guys have any other bands that you ordered from him that you would recommend? He's not cheap, but quality is there!

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
I ordered the indigo craie from the Taotao seller, and I have to admit that I am very impressed. Do you guys have any other bands that you ordered from him that you would recommend? He's not cheap, but quality is there!

Can I get the link?

PittHockey

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Does anybody have an Apple Leather Loop? Just wondering what, if any identifiers there are to tell its a genuine one?
I have one legit and one fake. There’s a few differences:
If you push the middle connector of one side of the band upwards a bit, there should be a serial number printed on its side.

Fake one doesn’t have the “assembled in China” printed on the metal of one end. It’s also missing the genuine leather, case size, and band size stamps.

The “links” on the fake are also bigger. They have the width about right, but the height is more than the apple one. (6 ‘links’ on the small/top half of the fake band vs 7 on the small/top half of the genuine one), and the fake one is ever so slightly deeper as well.

Reactions: ascender

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I have one legit and one fake. There’s a few differences:
If you push the middle connector of one side of the band upwards a bit, there should be a serial number printed on its side.

Fake one doesn’t have the “assembled in China” printed on the metal of one end. It’s also missing the genuine leather, case size, and band size stamps.

The “links” on the fake are also bigger. They have the width about right, but the height is more than the apple one. (6 ‘links’ on the small/top half of the fake band vs 7 on the small/top half of the genuine one), and the fake one is ever so slightly deeper as well.
Would you say its made is of equal quality? Or is the fake one have a more plastic feel too it?

PittHockey

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Would you say its made is of equal quality? Or is the fake one have a more plastic feel too it?
Hmm... They don't feel too different, but there's definitely a slight quality difference. I think the knockoff is imitation leather, and it hasn't broken in or patina'd the same as the real one. Or at all, really. Granted I haven't worn it the same amount. Considering it was only $10, I have zero complaints.

It's a Crested brand one. I'd probably give a different brand a shot next time, but I don't think I've seen too many.

Reactions: breezyf808

semajm85

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
was looking for a black link bracelet and unfortunately the taboo seller is reporting that he is sold out.

anyone else have any other recommendations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.