Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Backed this. I like this in terms of overall quality over the Click. It'll be close in terms of reaching their goal. Might order a Click too to ensure I at least get one adapter.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/adappt-standard-bands-adapter-for-apple-watch/x/10237708

Agreed. Adappt is WAY nicer looking than click, backed them a long while back but recently also backed click due to how poorly adapt seems to be doing. Shame, wonder if it would have done better on kickstarter than indiegogo perhaps? I find it odd how click is doing so much better.

The thing that instantly turned me off Adappt was that after Click opened the KS campaign and was almost instantly doing better than they were, multiple members of the Adappt team backed insane, obviously fake amounts, then took to the comments section to blast Click for "stealing their idea," as though an adapter for another product was somehow a revolution. Compete on features, fit, finish, and price, don't whine loudly and expose your childishness in public.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGHK7SM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_g4Wkvb0ZVG7KY

I ordered their Milanese Loop to give it a try, if it's good I'll probably get a blue leather loop too and only spend as much as one Apple band

I ordered their Milanese Loop & The Black Leather Loop. I can't wait to see how they will look!

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Click backer here. I chose to support Click over Adappt because Click is US based and Adappt is spelled with two P's. True story.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
After just seeing and trying on Apples they are going to have a lot to live up to! Those are both amazing in the store

IKR? I tried them on in the store as well and they fit wonderfully.
My only concern is if these are the actual ones apple are selling, or really tuned knock offs.... Time will tell. Either way , they did not cost me that much so no worries if they do suck

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
My only concern is if these are the actual ones apple are selling, or really tuned knock offs.... Time will tell. Either way , they did not cost me that much so no worries if they do suck

I feel the same way, probably going to order the Blue leather strap tonight from them, it was too good in the store to pass up

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
After just seeing and trying on Apples they are going to have a lot to live up to! Those are both amazing in the store

I agree. Any third party band is going to have a lot to live up to. I tried on the milanese loop, the sport, and the modern buckle, and all three were REALLY comfortable. Particularly, the modern buckle was much more comfortable than I anticipated. Leather bands can be too stiff or poke you, but the modern buckle did a great job conforming to my wrist and not jabbing me. I'm looking forward to ordering one of those bands when they become available again.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I agree. Any third party band is going to have a lot to live up to. I tried on the milanese loop, the sport, and the modern buckle, and all three were REALLY comfortable. Particularly, the modern buckle was much more comfortable than I anticipated. Leather bands can be too stiff or poke you, but the modern buckle did a great job conforming to my wrist and not jabbing me. I'm looking forward to ordering one of those bands when they become available again.

That's the way the leather loop was, so relaxed and soft that it didn't feel like a leather band at all!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I'm not usually one to complain about prices but the $ :apple: is asking for some of these bands is really way too expensive. The link bracelets are $450! That's more than the watch itself!
Bring on the third party bands!

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

There is absolutely no way these are official Apple products. If they were they would not be so heavily discounted. What they seem to be doing is using Apple's own images of their bands. I'm surprised Apple hasn't brought a cease and decease order on them for copyright infringement or something.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
There is absolutely no way these are official Apple products. If they were they would not be so heavily discounted. What they seem to be doing is using Apple's own images of their bands. I'm surprised Apple hasn't brought a cease and decease order on them for copyright infringement or something.

It's just like ordering a LCD replacement for an iPhone 6/6+(Which are heavily discounted from many manufacturers that will give a buy back credit for the broken glass;) !).. If you have ever explored the inside of either of these devices: Every last flex cable, part and battery have ":apple:" logos on EACH AND EVERY part....
You want to know the kicker?
I CAN ORDER AND GET THE SAME EXACT PARTS Apple gets 24/7 on ebay, amazon and a few other places... Who's to say that this is not the exact same band/bands that apple carries.... I can understand the image part, but the actual band will tell the tell.....

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Monowear

I backed Monowear and chose their $135 option to get the metal band and a leather band, but after seeing Click, I may back their $50 option as well to get their Stainless Steel click and a band.

My 42mm Stainless Steel Apple Watch (with White Sport Band) won't be delivered till June, so here's to waiting!

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Just backed the cheapest click Polymer option there is. I'll hopefully be covering it up fully with a leather strap anyway. Just hope it doesn't look weird with the SS.

Only 24 USD so if something comes along quicker I'll just buy that and not worry about click.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Backed this. I like this in terms of overall quality over the Click. It'll be close in terms of reaching their goal. Might order a Click too to ensure I at least get one adapter.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/adappt-standard-bands-adapter-for-apple-watch/x/10237708

Yeah, the Adappt adaptor is more low profile and looks more similar to Apple's design. I'd like one of these, but it doesn't look like it's gonna get funded.

The Click adapter looks a bit too bulky at the hinges. The sample picture of it on doesn't look as sleek and sticks out a bit too much. The Adappt guys should have released on Kickstarter. Seems like it has more traffic flow and mass appeal even though it looks like a poorer design.

PegasusTenma

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2014
Hahaha love the differences between Click's and Adappt's teams. The first one are adorably nerdy, the second one are italian fashionistas. Both working for the same idea.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Monowear and Click

Anyone else back Monowear? Just curious to see if anyone else in the forums did - just got a notice their Kickstarter just ended and was successfully funded.

I also ended up backing Click as well for the Click M Stainless Steel option with a band. Would be interesting to see how differ the bands of these two companies would be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.