Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I like Kickstarter a lot. But I feel like it's just not a smart play for bands/adapters. I'll let the normal case manufacturers who have far more experience mass producing accessories over some smart people who will almost certainly run into manufacturing problems.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010

thanks for that "useful" post..

----------

seems they're starting to make it onto amazon uk

61JSwgdhBHL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/i-Blason-Armband-Rubber-Protective-Sports-Black/dp/B00W22N8GM

61epCkEyrmL._SL1127_.jpg

http://amzn.to/1IgZ7Kg

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
You are "so" welcome

Lol, it was a fair comment.
You posted the equivalent of a Google search. We can all do that. That's not helpful. If you hunted down a few nice ones and posted those, it would be different...
Personally, I read messages like that as: "here you go... just in case you're too stupid to understand how a search engine works; I thought I'd share this".
Anyways, I'm certain that's not how you intended it... just helping interpret why your post was considered "useful", as opposed to useful.

inkyoto

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
Has anyone else not found a single band that they're impressed by yet? Monowear's leather bands are ridiculously thick and clunky, and the rest just seem ... not super well made. Mostly because I think most of these people are manufacturing custom adapters but not spending a ton of time on the addon bands, getting them sourced from Alibaba or something... I mean, no way you can focus on getting bands perfect if you're trying to ship 3 leather bands, a link bracelet, and a milanese loop from a small team.

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007

AppleJuiceBox

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2015
Best third party straps

I think there should be a thread for just for 3rd party straps.

Of course apple's straps are beautiful and extremely well made but they are really expensive.

Personally, I. Waiting on my Space Grey 42 Sport watch. I plan on buying a black leather loop from apple too. Although, I would like to have many options.

I looked on eBay and Amazon and the straps look really cheap. Any of you know good quality straps?

Black Belt

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
California
I wasn't impressed with the Apple bands at all. The sports band is the nicest of the lot! The others are thin and not what I would regard as worthy of the price. There are some good brands of watch bands available on Amazon, you just have to do some research. I am getting CLICK to load said watchbands on my SS 42mm IF IT EVER ARRIVES.

irentamac

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I pre-ordered the same one as above, from here:

http://www.monoweardesign.com

I'm trying to decide if I am going to cancel it or not though. One of the pictures looks like there is a gap towards the top that has been bugging me. The picture of it lying flat looks good though...

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
According to the reviews there is no adapter included.

That's because they can't read and got the Strap Only version, and not the Stray Version with metal clasp.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Genuine-Leather-Compare-Classic/dp/B00WOQ3BU4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1430264623&sr=8-5&keywords=aerb+iwatch

That's the version with the adapter with it.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Took a chance and ordered a couple of monowear leather straps with the adapter included. Not sure what the quality will be with these bands. But I will find out in May when they ship.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.