Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I'd be expecting one of those eventually, once the initial fervor dies down. They know how popular their product red items are. No reason to release it while launch buzz is still in the air.

We just seen one on MR front page today! FINGERS CROSSED

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
There is absolutely no way these are official Apple products. If they were they would not be so heavily discounted. What they seem to be doing is using Apple's own images of their bands. I'm surprised Apple hasn't brought a cease and decease order on them for copyright infringement or something.

Yeah, my guess is that Amazon seller will end up being a total scam. Stealing Apple's official images and then promising it will look and function exactly the same? Dubious. Looks like there may be some fake reviews in there too.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Yeah, my guess is that Amazon seller will end up being a total scam. Stealing Apple's official images and then promising it will look and function exactly the same? Dubious. Looks like there may be some fake reviews in there too.

we'll soon see!

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
You think someone's going to come out with a pocket watch chain for it? Will the WATCH actually work properly in this particular setup, given its wake feature and sensors?

This needs to happen... I don't wear a vest that often but I would throw my money at the person who sell this.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I'm not usually one to complain about prices but the $ :apple: is asking for some of these bands is really way too expensive. The link bracelets are $450! That's more than the watch itself!
Bring on the third party bands!

That's absolutely ridiculous (the price of the steel band). That's more than most watches, including some Apple Watches. Just a joke, certainly not worth it. I can get tons of 22" straps and bracelets that are beautiful for well under $100.

gladd06

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
That's absolutely ridiculous (the price of the steel band). That's more than most watches, including some Apple Watches. Just a joke, certainly not worth it. I can get tons of 22" straps and bracelets that are beautiful for well under $100.

Already have several, for under $100 total.. well add about $60 for 3 sets of Adapters..

Apple bands are where the true profit margin is.. probably higher margin than the Gold watches!

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
Already have several, for under $100 total.. well add about $60 for 3 sets of Adapters..

Apple bands are where the true profit margin is.. probably higher margin than the Gold watches!

Yeah, it's crazy. Love the idea of swapping straps/bracelets so easily, gonna be fun.

Atyson81

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Buffalo,NY
2591442_apple-watch_133400.png.560x560.jpg
I made on Casetify to match my phone. I'm not sure what the quality will be like, I have to wait until June.

entei5000

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015

Attachments

• TB2ptMXcpXXXXXNXXXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    TB2ptMXcpXXXXXNXXXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 339
  • TB2COL2cpXXXXa7XpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    TB2COL2cpXXXXa7XpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 350
  • TB2sQf0cpXXXXbiXpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    TB2sQf0cpXXXXbiXpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 351
  • TB2_ez3cpXXXXadXpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    TB2_ez3cpXXXXadXpXXXXXXXXXX-1789521106.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 354

Mikwehttam

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
You think someone's going to come out with a pocket watch chain for it? Will the WATCH actually work properly in this particular setup, given its wake feature and sensors?

Yeah, just turn off wrist detection. That turns of the raise to activate function and removes the requirement to enter a passcode every time you open it. You have to touch the display to activate it, but I guess that's not much different than having to open the hunter case (the flip open cover) on many pocket watches.

It's such a shame these are kickstarter/Indiegogo. I'm impatient and cynical.

Unfortunately so am I. Every Kickstarter/Indiegogo I've supported (and there's been a few) has had it's delivery date pushed back at least once, and usually multiple times.

tk1337

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Florida
Agreed. Adappt is WAY nicer looking than click, backed them a long while back but recently also backed click due to how poorly adapt seems to be doing. Shame, wonder if it would have done better on kickstarter than indiegogo perhaps? I find it odd how click is doing so much better.

Definitely looks better thank Click, added in my funding for that one.

Personal Jesus

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Hey everybody,

sorry if this is an extremely dumb question, but will all third party bands have to rely on some kind of adapter?

From what I can see so far, all third party straps seem to come with an adapter, for example the ones produced by Monowear.
Their link bracelet for example is first fitted into an adapter which is then put into the Apple Watch (which you can see on these pictures: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1843570774/monowear-a-band-for-every-occasion/posts/1210752 ).
However, the real link bracelet made by Apple seems to work in a different way, it sort of just "slides" into the Watch from the side, just like the Sports bands do.

So what do you think, will 3rd party bands ever (legally) be able to imitate this mechanism, or will all bands necessarily come with a small adapter? I'm really waiting for awesome third party bands to arrive since I strongly believe that the Apple bands are massively overpriced; however, if every 3rd party band will come with a somewhat bulky looking adapter, this would be kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.