Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
yeah 13 is not bad, 16 is... sadly. for me... great machine.. just huge...

The Windows machine supplied by my work is 15.4 and it feels huge and unwieldy. The specs on the 16 MBP are ace, but too big for me.

13s have a decent screen real estate but still portable/light. Perfect for cutting around the house and garden. I've got a summer of lying on the garden sofas planned, using my MBA ;)

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
The Windows machine supplied by my work is 15.4 and it feels huge and unwieldy. The specs on the 16 MBP are ace, but too big for me.

13s have a decent screen real estate but still portable/light. Perfect for cutting around the house and garden. I've got a summer of lying on the garden sofas planned, using my MBA ;)
haha good point, yes the garden too!

Reactions: limesmoothie

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
anyone else getting a loaded MBA instead of MBP 16" I get the two are totally different, but the 16" weight is significant... for everyday use, bed, living room, etc...curious to see how others feel?

Agreed. I use a 2015 13”. This could be a decent upgrade. I’m interested to see how the geek bench and wifi specs turn out.

Gav1967

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2020
I was watching the Macrumors buying guide about 2 ish weeks ago and the Air was neutral, so I bought one. Then Apple threw down their new model Air.
Now I ain't going to keep a week old "old" Air when the new iteration is out so I ordered the new one in i7 with 16gb RAM and 1Tb storage.
Can't wait for it to arrive.
All I have to do now is wait for Apple to open their stores so I can return the previous model.
I hate having to return stuff, but when the new model is better and cheaper I'm getting on board :)

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I was watching the Macrumors buying guide about 2 ish weeks ago and the Air was neutral, so I bought one. Then Apple threw down their new model Air.
Now I ain't going to keep a week old "old" Air when the new iteration is out so I ordered the new one in i7 with 16gb RAM and 1Tb storage.
Can't wait for it to arrive.
All I have to do now is wait for Apple to open their stores so I can return the previous model.
I hate having to return stuff, but when the new model is better and cheaper I'm getting on board :)
I don’t think the stores will open for months .....

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
anyone else getting a loaded MBA instead of MBP 16" I get the two are totally different, but the 16" weight is significant... for everyday use, bed, living room, etc...curious to see how others feel?
I've got a late 2013 15" MBP which I need to replace, due to a broken screen that's not worth repairing. I was going to buy the 16" MBP but kept putting it off due to the price. My plan now is the MBA and with some of the money saved a decent 24" monitor.

kdm0505

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2014
pulled to trigger to replace my 2013 MBA and went with the i5 / 256 / 8gb version. I've pushed off the upgrading for over a year now and this new model checked the two major things I wanted them to change - quad core proc and keyboard

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya
I've got a late 2013 15" MBP which I need to replace, due to a broken screen that's not worth repairing. I was going to buy the 16" MBP but kept putting it off due to the price. My plan now is the MBA and with some of the money saved a decent 24" monitor.

What monitor are you buying?

nill1234

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2012
Got the same config just in Space Grey and same delivery schedule in Germany :(. But im not certain if 256 GB is enough, i just use it to code ind watch Netflix. I still have a gaming rig. If its not enough which external SSD is good? I cant justify 250€ for 256gb of extra storage.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm about to order mine here in Switzerland. Base model with i5 upgrade. I thought about getting the 512GB upgrade, as looking at my current 2013 MBP I'm using 300GB out of my 512, but a large chunk of that is downloaded movies.

I've realised that I can get a small, external usb-c SSD for way less than the upgrade cost, so I'm going to stick with the 256 and get an external drive. Samsung seem to make some good ones. Even the one Apple sells (LaCie), even on their own website, is cheap compared to upgrading the internal drive.

Reactions: nill1234

Yamrider

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2014
U.K
Just placed my order. i5/16gb/512gb-space grey. Also ordered a 5tb WD external hdd for £99, much cheaper than the £200 Apple want for their 1tb built in ssd. Hope to use this for my amateur photography hobby using Luminar 4.

Last edited:

Gav1967

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2020
Think i just going to get a Samsung T5 1TB SSD for 150€. 1TB should be enough to store movies and pictures.
I second the Samsung T5 1Tb SSD. I am waiting for the T8 to become available too, and hopefully a bit of a price drop.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Question about trade in during purchase-

I’ve read you have 2 weeks to send in your trade in. Is it 2 weeks from the day you RECEIVE the new MacBook, or 2 weeks from when you order it? I’d imagine it’d be 2 weeks from when you receive it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.