Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Maybe. I ordered mine on Jan 25 and it's showing 2/17-2/24. (2.4, 64GB, 4TB). It is still in processing and hasn't moved to preparing to ship yet.

Maybe there is a supply chain problem related to coronavirus, and yours updated since they're actually working on shipping yours. And mine hasn't updated because it is still processing.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

DrGreenCat

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2019
Germany
Seeing similar estimates, ordered a maxed out 16" on 24th and it has been on "processing" ever since.
Estimated delivery showing as 19-21/02.

MrTing

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
St Helens, Merseyside, UK.
Is the Caldigit TP3 Plus the best dock available for $250ish?

I got the Caldigit TS3 Plus today, after doing the firmware update it's now charging at 87w and the monitor it wouldn't work with out of the box is now working perfectly.

Interestingly, I just put a post on another thread, I've been using a dock that only gave 75w, despite saying it had 100w, but anyway, my battery never dropped below 100% even using the 75w, I do use it with the macbook closed though, which might be the reason, but even playing 4K video and having the 5500m maxed out it never dropped or needed to switch to battery power, I kept an eye on the battery cycles too just in case it started adding to that and it never did, so, depending on if you're going to use it on the dock open or closed, I suppose is the deciding factor as to which dock you get.

TLDR - Yes Caldigit TS3 great, just do the firmware update asap :)

Reactions: Turtle353

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
My 2019 15.4 MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i9 8Core/512GB SSD/16GB Ram should be delivered on Tuesday. This my first 15.4"... I am used to the 13 and 12". I am anxious to see if I am able to comfortably use it in the various places that I use my other MacBooks.

Reactions: AlanShutko

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
My 2019 15.4 MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i9 8Core/512GB SSD/16GB Ram should be delivered on Tuesday. This my first 15.4"... I am used to the 13 and 12". I am anxious to see if I am able to comfortably use it in the various places that I use my other MacBooks.

I think you'll adapt and get used to it very quickly. The extra real estate is nicer to have for nearly every purpose.

Reactions: Jacoblee23

dtancu

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
Bucharest/Romania
Just got my 16" i9/16 GB/1 TB SSD/5500 Pro 4 GB Space Grey from the store. Replacing a late 2013 iMac BTO, got fed up with the huge real estate needed for it and as I realised I'm using it less and less, switched to the MBP. Great machine from the first few hours, love the KB but most of all love the colour, the space grey tint is so...Pro:)

Reactions: simonmet

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
I like the Space Grey too. I found that the colour de-emphasises the laptop in favour of the screen, whereas silver makes it more obvious and, at times, distracting. I noticed too that warm lighting gives it a sort of dusky-brown colour, which I actually quite like. I’ve heard others say they don’t like that, but I do.

My unit seems pretty perfect with the exception of some coil whine, which is noticeable in a quiet environment under load (or gaming) with no audio. Maybe it’s fan whine, but there’s definitely something high-pitched and irritating. It’s not enough to send the machine back given the length of time it would take to process a refund and order another unit (I got a BTO with 8 GB graphics); so I’ll have to live with it and hope it lessens over time (though I know that’s unlikely). It’s not always obvious especially with audio on, but it’s definitely something to look out for, if it’s easier to exchange for you than it is for me. It would take me about a month I’m guessing and that’s not something I can live with.

Last edited:

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
I ordered a silver 13” i7/ 16 GB/ 2TB SSD on January 30th. It’s estimated delivery to east coast USA is sitting on March 2nd. It’s replacing a late 2012 MacBook Pro that finally died to a point it can no longer be repaired.

What are the odds that it will get here early, even if it’s only a couple of days? I have to leave for a week on March 1st. Faster shipping wasn’t even given to me as an option when I placed my order.

I have all my FedEx/UPS/USPS mail on hold so that part shouldn’t be an issue. I would just love to be able to actually have it on my trip since I have no computer at all right now.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
The wait is real. I'm hoping, but am not too optimistic, that coronavirus comes under control quickly.

Martha, before Chinese New Year and coronavirus, there were a bunch of posts saying that things were getting delivered before the latest estimated delivery date. "Underpromise and overdeliver" and all that. But with the situation in China being so fluid, I'm not sure we can say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (My order says delivers between the 17th to 24th.)

sennomulo

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2018
Just picked up my new 16" MacBook Pro (stock 1TB model, Silver). I've had my hands on this thing for only a few minutes now and HOLY COW these speakers are incredible. My expectations were high after seeing every reviewer gush over them, and even so they are blowing me away. The sound is so crisp and full.

And this keyboard is 8000% better than the old one. Honestly, this is my main reason for upgrading. My old 2018 machine had a couple defective keys. I could have gone for the free keyboard replacement, but I am convinced the Butterfly keyboard is fundamentally flawed and I was better off trading it in for the new iteration. I also hated the super low travel on that keyboard. This, by contrast, is very comfortable to type on.

I am very much reminded why I bought my first MacBook Pro in 2015: premium build quality. I always felt that was lacking on the MBP since 2016 because of the Butterfly keyboard, but now I feel like I have an all-around premium device in my hands. Best speakers and trackpad on the market, there isn't even a debate about that, plus a fantastic screen and keyboard to go along with it. And more power under the hood than I know what to do with.

Last edited:

ramenbao

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
On January 21 I ordered an MBP 16“ with 64Gb 2TB. Estimated delivery date was Feb 11. Since 3 days it is pending on status „preparing to ship“. Today the estimated arrival date slipped to Feb 25. Anybody experiencing similar delays? Could it be due to the coronavirus, why I´m seeing such A big delay?

I am also experiencing the same delays.

2/22 order date BTO and says
"Arrives Feb 12 - Feb 19"

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
I’ve seen reports from non tech factories in China that say they are ordered to remain closed until at least the 21st of February. I don’t know where they are in relation to the factories Apple uses, but they may well have the same or similar orders come down.

I think everyone is going to be waiting longer than the original time frame given.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I tend to agree with you, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The news is going in so many directions: factories all closed. Factories not closed. Some opening, some not. They're switching to make masks. Apple has a backup plan or they will be short all quarter. Probably won't know until things ship or the delays show in the system. (Ordered 1/25, currently showing delivery 2/17-2/24)

ramenbao

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
I tend to agree with you, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The news is going in so many directions: factories all closed. Factories not closed. Some opening, some not. They're switching to make masks. Apple has a backup plan or they will be short all quarter. Probably won't know until things ship or the delays show in the system. (Ordered 1/25, currently showing delivery 2/17-2/24)
I had the same timeframe as you and I ordered on 1/22. I saw your next post and my status actually changed to “preparing to ship” as well! Maybe we’ll be getting our laptops “soon”?

tearsen

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2014
Mine has shipped now and is already in Eindhoven/ Netherlands. Expected delivery on Monday 17 Feb. Originally ordered on Jan 21.

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
My March 2nd date hasn’t changed yet.

However, I got unsolicited texts from support saying if I opted for for one of the standard models I could pick it up in store today. And a bunch of links saying everything MacBooks can do. Because I need to be sold something I already bought apparently.

I can’t figure out if this is a bad or indifferent sign.

dante99208

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
I ordered 16 inch BTO. Store pickup. It shows that it shipped, but I wonder the time it goes from shipped to actually getting to my west coast store.

ramenbao

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
My Jan 22 order (original delivery window Feb 12-19) has now shipped last night with an ETA of Feb 21st on the Apple link, Feb 18 on the Fedex link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.