Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dante99208

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
My Jan 22 order (original delivery window Feb 12-19) has now shipped last night with an ETA of Feb 21st on the Apple link, Feb 18 on the Fedex link.

I'm thinking I should have went with shipping to my house. I have no way to check with fedex to see when it will arrive now.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
You can often look up the tracking with "Track by reference number", using your phone number, or order number, or order number without the last two digits.

Reactions: dante99208

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
My order has shipped! Apple says it will be delivered on the 25th, UPS says the 20th.

Does Apple normally ship computers without having a signature required? Mine doesn’t seem to have that requirement.

Harpoucho

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2008
I ordered on January 16th (16 "2.3, 32GB Ram, 1 TB SSD, Radeon 5500M 8GB) ... last Monday it changed to shipping, delivery expected on February 18th ... today I received an email from UPS saying "Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible"... the UPS tracking page says my package is still in Shanghai ?

Last edited:

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Interesting. Mine is scheduled for delivery on the 19th, and is currently waiting in Shanghai just past export scan. Currently still showing the 19th.

arzbhatia

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2014
I ordered on January 16th (16 "2.3, 32GB Ram, 1 TB SSD, Radeon 5500M 8GB) ... last Monday it changed to shipping, delivery expected on February 18th ... today I received an email from UPS saying "Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible"... the UPS tracking page says my package is still in Shanghai ?

Same issue (and spec) here. Placed (my second) order on the 23rd I believe, delivery was initially scheduled for the 11th but then moved to the 18th. TNT now says "There's been a delay but we're working hard to deliver on time" and the package has been stuck in Shanghai since 3 days. Apple website says 18th, TNT website says 17th but I doubt they'd make it. Hope for the best!

MxDaviD

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Hi!

I just got my base MBP 16,
i have to say this is the best machine i have ever owned!!

Speakers are amazing, the keyboard feels much better than the old one and the display is fantastic.

My short video of my machine:

Reactions: 0-0 and dante99208

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
My MBP is in Louisville ready to make the final few trips to my house (per UPS). Meanwhile, Apple has reset the entire order to Order Placed. Whoops!

Edit: few hours later, order status is back to normal. Guess the website hiccuped!

Last edited:

ramenbao

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
I'm thinking I should have went with shipping to my house. I have no way to check with fedex to see when it will arrive now.

Quick update. My computer seems to be getting delivered tomorrow! My first order, I had it set for pick-up but I'm glad I got it shipped to my office this time around so I could monitor the progress. And not have to make the trip there :)

dante99208

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
I talked to a representative yesterday and they told me it was at the sorting factory. Don’t know if it was near me or not. I will just have it shipped it my house next time so I can keep a better eye on it.

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2020
Исландия
My order was successfully delivered today, two weeks before the promised date (March 6th)!

It is 16 "2.3, 32GB Ram, 1 TB SSD, Radeon 5500M 8GB, which I ordered on February 1st.

The order status changed to "Preparing for shipment" on February 14th and it was shipped on February 15th. The package arrived to my country (Russia) yesterday.

Reactions: dante99208

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
Mine has been sitting in KY since Saturday morning. It got the customs clearance scan yesterday at 10:30AM local, but other than that no movement shown.

sterling32

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
Estimate was 4 weeks for my 16" MPB ordered on 2/3. It just "Departed Facility in SHANGHAI - CHINA MAINLAND" according to tracking. Now I guess I will be refreshing tracking info incessantly until it arrives.

Reactions: beezlebob

beezlebob

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
I ordered a custom 16" MBP (2.4ghz i9, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD) on 14th Feb with an estimated arrival date of 9th Mar. Today it went from "processing" to "preparing to ship" so I am beginning to think I might be receiving it considerably earlier than the original projected arrival date. Anyone have any experience with how long from it preparing to ship to arrival? Also does anyone know where they are shipping from, is it still Shanghai? I am in Hong Kong. Thanks.

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just picked up the 16" MBP from the Apple Store! Went for the i9 2.3 / 16GB / 5500 4GB / 1TB config. I need the 1tb for bootcamp with Windows 10 for some gaming ?, and having the added 5500m graphics should come in handy for that.

It's hard to believe how much extra Apple charges for the 3rd tier... The base price (at least in Canada) is $2999 for the i7, then if you move up to the i9 it's $3499 for my config.

From there, it's pretty steep... $4819 (Canadian)... so from the base + $500 more, I'm getting 2 more cores and 4mb more cache, moving up to the 5500m, doubling the storage to 1TB... but it's an extra $1400 for the same i9 (+100mhz), 32GB ram (this is $100 worth of ram, at most $250 Apple fee), 4gb of Vram more, and 2tb of storage... this has to be at most $600-700 in upgrades, so Apple must be making a killing on people buying the top spec'd model. Seem like the mid level is the best value which I'm guess is why Apple prices it only $500 more since most people are likely to opt for it, at least in store.

Anyways... I LOVE IT! Keyboard I love it, then again I never hated the butterfly so had they stayed with that I would have been happy as well. Going to be using this primarily for rendering in Final Cut, as well boot camping into W10 for some light gaming and W10 admin stuff I need for work.

Very happy over all, glad they brought back the physical Esc key, and not sure about anyone else but I'm good with the extra weight and thickness, makes it feel more solid like the older 2015 units.

One thing I noticed, the LCD has a bit of play in the hinges, not bad, just a little, but then I also noticed it on all the 16" display models so ?‍♂️

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
Picked up a 2019 13in Pro today from my local Apple store. Base model 13in Pro with 128gb of storage in Space Grey. So far very happy with it, especially with the keyboard (over my 12in MacBook Keybaord).

MarthaJones

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
And UPS no longer knows where they put my computer ?. Allegedly they are ”working diligently to locate it”. I have no time frame for how long they will take to “locate” it before deciding it is lost.

beezlebob

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
I ordered a custom 16" MBP (2.4ghz i9, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD) on 14th Feb with an estimated arrival date of 9th Mar. Today it went from "processing" to "preparing to ship" so I am beginning to think I might be receiving it considerably earlier than the original projected arrival date. Anyone have any experience with how long from it preparing to ship to arrival? Also does anyone know where they are shipping from, is it still Shanghai? I am in Hong Kong. Thanks.

UPDATE: So it has now gone to "Shipped" with a revised delivery date of 22 Feb!! This is over two weeks earlier than the initial delivery estimate, although as it is being shipped from Shanghai and I am in Hong Kong the transit time is comparatively short. Very pleased with this as had feared the worst what with the virus and all...what are other people experiencing with regards order date/delivery dates?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.