Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
Is Hyrule warriors worth it for $41.99?
Sure, I think it is. I really enjoyed my time with it on Wii U, it has a good gameplay loop.

I also played it on 3DS a bit and unfortunately got burned out by the time the Switch version came out. If you can get it on a discount for your first playthrough, absolutely!

garnerx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2012
I recently got my Switch joycon repaired for the third time, so to celebrate I bought a game that I honestly can't believe is featured on the Nintendo store. It's called Senran Kagura Reflexions, and it's ostensibly a reflexology game but then it takes a turn for the... well, you can Youtube it if you like.

The thing that got me was the little finger-wiggling animation on the hands before you commence, like a pervy cartoon villain.

006_thumb-10.jpg

^ Picture is from the internet. I have to link my Switch to facebook or twitter to download screenshots? No thanks, Nintendo!

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is coming out.

Was this any good on the Wii U? A classic Mario sidescroller? Or a „light“ accessible version for kids?

lpolarityl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2009
Ohio
It was pretty good on the Wii U, my whole family enjoyed playing it (4 and 6 year old kids included). Now my kids are 6 and 8 are excited to give it a go on the Switch.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
SMBUDeluxe is a great deal. Unless you recently played it on Wii U, I say go for it. It has an awesome Challenge mode that nobody talks about, with all kinds of cool challenges like "Jump on 30 Goombas without touching the ground," etc. Great for long-time Mario fans to flex their skills.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Dark Soul's controls are.....bad. Feels like im playing an N64 game, and it doesn't help that A(confirm) & B(cancel) button functionality is reversed.

Reactions: scottcampbell

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Dark Soul's controls are.....bad. Feels like im playing an N64 game, and it doesn't help that A(confirm) & B(cancel) button functionality is reversed.

They are bad on every platform, it’s part of the game‘s design. ;)

I played DS1 on PS3 after I had played Bloodborne and thought it was a bad joke!

CLS727

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2018
I just hate the the Switch and the iPad Pro can't be the same device....

Apple just needs to buy Nintendo, put all the games in iOS... and sell a joy-con attachment that works with all iOS devices & Apple TV.

Would be perfect.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I recently got my Switch joycon repaired for the third time, so to celebrate I bought a game that I honestly can't believe is featured on the Nintendo store. It's called Senran Kagura Reflexions, and it's ostensibly a reflexology game but then it takes a turn for the... well, you can Youtube it if you like.

The thing that got me was the little finger-wiggling animation on the hands before you commence, like a pervy cartoon villain.

View attachment 814970

^ Picture is from the internet. I have to link my Switch to facebook or twitter to download screenshots? No thanks, Nintendo!

Uh, I just looked this up on youtube...and felt the need to wipe my browser history after lol.

Can anyone recommend a good primer on Smash Bros? I bought it recently but can't really get to grips with it.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Metroid Prime for Switch has been delayed...
While a little disappointed, i'm more relieved that Retro Studios is back at the helm.

Aow that’s a shame, I was looking forward to it. But it’s understandable if they felt the game wasn’t good enough, and it must have been particularly bad to scrap the entire project and start again!
Still I’m confident we will now get a cracker of a action Metroid Prime game! :)

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Metroid Prime for Switch has been delayed...
While a little disappointed, i'm more relieved that Retro Studios is back at the helm.

I didnt realize they havent put out a game since Tropical Freeze.

The reddits are speculating where their unreleased game is / what they've been up to between now and then

Reactions: hawkeye_a

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Limited Run Games is doing a ...... limited run .... of Celeste on cartridge for Switch!!! Preorders close on Feb 1.

Been wanting to play this game since it came out but i didnt want to get it from the eShop.

57BBFE93-185C-4251-9511-E3A66C8E27A9.jpeg

[doublepost=1548657012][/doublepost]
I didnt realize they havent put out a game since Tropical Freeze.

The reddits are speculating where their unreleased game is / what they've been up to between now and then

Yea, i really wonder what theyve been working on since then.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Suddenly my Switch won't read the microSD inside, where I have some games stored and all the screenshots.

Don't know if it was the 7.0.0 update or something else. Searched online and it seems other people have had this issue with previous firmwares, and hasn't been solved, even if they erased the microSD.

Anyone have any solutions?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Suddenly my Switch won't read the microSD inside, where I have some games stored and all the screenshots.

Don't know if it was the 7.0.0 update or something else. Searched online and it seems other people have had this issue with previous firmwares, and hasn't been solved, even if they erased the microSD.

Anyone have any solutions?

Not having that problem

I would check with Nintendo directly / reddit community

... I got a Wii U 32GB the other week for $100, and cant help but feel like my Switch is now the odd man out between 3DS and that, value wise and library wise even though still good to have around for new titles, portability, etc.

Granted Wii U doesn’t have a super ton of games like 3DS does, but they have plenty of great ones at the same time!

Was worth it for Mario 3D world and Wind Waker alone, which I dont know if they’ll get switch ports nor do I want to pay anywhere near $60 for! And Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, some 3rd party games, and Splatoon1 which is a great companion to Splatoon2. And Paper Mario Color Splash whenever i get to it like Pikmin3...

Got Tropical Freeze (which is Same except no funky Kong easy mode which I never used when I beat it on Switch and traded my copy) and Hyrule Warriors (fine for a beat em up without all the 3DS and DLC content) each for like just under $10.

And NSMBU most recently

PLUS! I have a good backlog of Wii games too like Super Paper Mario, SMG1+2, DKR, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, and some 3rd parties.

ESSENTIALLY - my switch has become a MK8D/Splatoon2/Smash machine

Last edited:

MrRabuf

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2019
Anyone else pumped for Link's Awakening on the Switch? I played it when it first came out and really liked it but never finished it (and it's really hard for me to go back and play those old GameBoy games, even the color ones, these days). I don't really game much anymore but I'll definitely have to turn my Switch back on for this one.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Anyone else pumped for Link's Awakening on the Switch? I played it when it first came out and really liked it but never finished it (and it's really hard for me to go back and play those old GameBoy games, even the color ones, these days). I don't really game much anymore but I'll definitely have to turn my Switch back on for this one.
Oh yes. I can't wait to stomp on goombas with Link :D Two of my favorites are Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds. Though I've never played Link's Awaking, I expect the remake to be up there among my favorites.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

Oh yes. I can't wait to stomp on goombas with Link :D Two of my favorites are Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds. Though I've never played Link's Awaking, I expect the remake to be up there among my favorites.

Looks good but I want new titles not ports of old games. Captain toad, Mario u, now link.... I bought this for new games not retro ones

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Looks good but I want new titles not ports of old games. Captain toad, Mario u, now link.... I bought this for new games not retro ones
New to me since I never played the original. Plus it has all new graphics which looks pretty great. But yes I get what you’re saying. Unfortunately I think we can expect more ports, specifically Wii U ports. Mario 3D World next is my guess.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008

you've obviously never been part of the Nintendo ecosystem. They are always a mix of new and remakes/ports. Always.

Link's Awakening is in my top 5 games, ever. And I've played well over 1000 games in my life.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
you've obviously never been part of the Nintendo ecosystem. They are always a mix of new and remakes/ports. Always.

Link's Awakening is in my top 5 games, ever. And I've played well over 1000 games in my life.
I've owned every home console and most handhelds. I know what they do, just saying what I wish they would do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.