Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Haha so much for the new Switch appearing.. Nintendo said no new system last year, and now they’ve said the same for this year. Sure they said at E3, but they said no new ‘hardware’, no hardware means anything like controllers, a new dock, anything, as well as a console.

I’ll believe it when I see it at this moment in time.

More importantly, Mortal Kombat 11 for my Switch, or Days Gone for my PS4 Pro?
I got both and I haven´t been able to put down "days gone" long enough to try "mk11"

Reactions: apolloa

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada
How many years until a new Mario Odyssey game? (Guesses, I know)

This is definitely something they should do. It's one of the best titles for the console and if the consoles are to have 5-year lifespans then they need more than one per generation.

I'm actually one of those people that stick to Mario and Zelda for Nintendo consoles. Can anyone recommend anything that I should be playing? I know there are other staples, I just haven't really tried any other titles. I was disappointed that Donkey Kong wasn't a 3D game like it was on the N64. I really liked that version because it was like a Mario kind of game and am not a big fan of the 2D ones.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Is anyone here using wired internet connection with the Switch?

I recently bought an Ethernet adapter on AliExpress (10$) and now my speeds have doubled from 18Mbps to 40Mbps down, using the USB 3.0 port in the dock, but should be more. I've read the USB 3.0 port is not enabled yet by Nintendo, it it true?

I can play Smash with almost no issue now, but still there are times the match freezes.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The new botw sequel is looking amazing! Funny i just thought about selling my switch yesterday

my Switch has been largely collecting dust next to my other 'retro' Nintendo systems- Wii, WiiU, GC (and GC compatibility for aforementioned since thats used more often), 3DS, and even 64.

But I still wouldnt dare sell my Switch. Selling stuff always results in regret down the road. Plus its still early in its lifecycle

Reactions: apolloa

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Been thinking about selling my Switch which I picked up at launch, just cause I expect a new version to come out in the near future.

Really stoked about the new BotW...looks fantastic, and hopefully it will be fully optimized for Switch. Luigi's Mansion 3, of course.

Cheers

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Been thinking about selling my Switch which I picked up at launch, just cause I expect a new version to come out in the near future.

Really stoked about the new BotW...looks fantastic, and hopefully it will be fully optimized for Switch. Luigi's Mansion 3, of course.

Cheers

It may be an inferior stripped down switch to sell at a lower price and appeal to more people.

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada
I gave up on BotW halfway through because I just couldn't find the time to focus on it. I love getting immersed in the Hyrule world in every Zelda game. I need to get back into it and will definitely get the sequel.

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I gave up on BotW halfway through because I just couldn't find the time to focus on it. I love getting immersed in the Hyrule world in every Zelda game. I need to get back into it and will definitely get the sequel.
I've finished it, but I want to play it again since I haven't played it in about a year. Too bad you can't have more than one save file though.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I hope they use another map for the next Zelda, otherwise it would be pretty boring young around the same places again.

But I doubt they'll build another open world.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I wouldn't worry about that. You saw this update from Nintendo, right?

There won't be an update for a while now, but at least they're being transparent about the development delay.
Yes I saw that a while back. I was hoping Nintendo would’ve at least made a mention of its continuing development.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.