Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
where did you preorder from?
What switch do ya have? V1 or v2?
Do ya play handheld a lot?
Walmart. I missed the initial preorder (1st day) in which people were getting a $50 discount just to preorder.
I have version 1, but not the one that can be hacked.
We play it in only handheld, but once in a while on the big screen when we have friends/fam over.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Walmart. I missed the initial preorder (1st day) in which people were getting a $50 discount just to preorder.
I have version 1, but not the one that can be hacked.
We play it in only handheld, but once in a while on the big screen when we have friends/fam over.

I see

you're sure you dont have the hackable version?

I was going to say if you preordered at gamestop, they give $200 credit towards a switch. and that reduces the overall cost for tax too I believe as the trade in

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Just preordered the OLED switch. Idk if I should cancel or sell my old switch for $150 to pay towards the OLED.
Help me out
No one can answer this question for you. Until reviews are out, we don't know whether the OLED screen is a worthwhile upgrade OR if you are better off blowing the money on new games instead.

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
You ordered it for a reason, remember?
Originally to flip it. Lol. But now I might just upgrade and sell my original switch for a loss. I know a bigger screen is beneficial and hope the processor is better to accommodate framerate. But I have till mid October to decide

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Originally to flip it. Lol. But now I might just upgrade and sell my original switch for a loss. I know a bigger screen is beneficial and hope the processor is better to accommodate framerate. But I have till mid October to decide

wondering how much these will fetch for the oled switches that is

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I’m seriously tempted to buy the new Splatoon 3 special edition Switch OLED, but I don’t know if it’s worth it if a new Switch model comes out next year? I could keep my OG Switch till then. Not sure what to do here.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I love it, especially Vice City which is basically my baby, but there could be some more patching here and there. Especially in GTA III around/under the train tracks where the frame-rate gets pretty choppy.

I beat gta3, gave up on vice city when had to collect properties (thats the tail end of the game right?), and a few hours into SA - never really gave it a shot before, digging it!

Reactions: sorgo †

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I beat gta3, gave up on vice city when had to collect properties (thats the tail end of the game right?), and a few hours into SA - never really gave it a shot before, digging it!
SA is really impressive especially for its time. The true/obvious spiritual predecessor of modern GTA blockbusters.

I gotta pour more time into making progress on the Switch versions, but I was kinda hoping they’d issue another patch :confused:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Anyone playing Splatoon 3?

Yes

Addicted

What more need you know?
Was playing splat1 a bunch after the splatfest trial a couple weeks ago as well. Busted out my Wii U for it

And lots of splat2 as well

So hyped and glad I bought this one digitally like 2. It’s nice this one came with $6 in gold points too double the usual

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I’m seriously tempted to buy the new Splatoon 3 special edition Switch OLED, but I don’t know if it’s worth it if a new Switch model comes out next year? I could keep my OG Switch till then. Not sure what to do here.
People thought a new switch was coming this year too. It’s likely not coming till 2024.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
People thought a new switch was coming this year too. It’s likely not coming till 2024.

Yeah I’ve done a complete 180, I am going to sell my Switch as I now have a Steam Deck on pre-order. But they may launch a new console next year.

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
Yes

Addicted

What more need you know?
Was playing splat1 a bunch after the splatfest trial a couple weeks ago as well. Busted out my Wii U for it

And lots of splat2 as well

So hyped and glad I bought this one digitally like 2. It’s nice this one came with $6 in gold points too double the usual

Haha same!

Feel free to add if you want mate:

SW-3454-8158-5023

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
As an 80's kid whose early gaming years were defined by the likes of Super Mario Bros. and Zelda -- I'm quite ashamed to admit that I've had a Switch and BotW since launch.... and I've yet to actually complete a single play-thru of BotW!!

But somehow I have some new-found motivation haha.
Who else is looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom? Release expected in May next year.

Reactions: diamond.g

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
As an 80's kid whose early gaming years were defined by the likes of Super Mario Bros. and Zelda -- I'm quite ashamed to admit that I've had a Switch and BotW since launch.... and I've yet to actually complete a single play-thru of BotW!!

But somehow I have some new-found motivation haha.
Who else is looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom? Release expected in May next year.

I also grew up on an NES (a Famicom actually, but "same difference"). I did play through BotW, but unlike many of my friends, I didn't do so until last year (so 4 years after it came out). It's still popular and well liked, so it's still talked about by them, and the internet in general at least.

I liked it, but I still prefer 2D Zelda games, with A Link to the Past (SNES) being my favorite. Still, looking forward the BotW sequel!

Currently playing Luigi's Mansion 3. Nice take on Nintendo's version of a "point & click" adventure, with action and puzzle elements.

Reactions: 3460169

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
I've been playing Bioshock collection on the Nintendo Switch right before bed and it's been pretty exciting

Controls are a lot different when in handmode but the game makes up for it

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I've been playing Bioshock collection on the Nintendo Switch right before bed and it's been pretty exciting

Controls are a lot different when in handmode but the game makes up for it
How's the controls?
I have always been interested in playing the Bioshock games, but I am not used to playing FPS using controllers/gamepad. I am not sure if it would be playable vs keyboard/mouse, but I don't really do PC gaming anymore. My main concern is aiming. Will it be hard? Do you just have to spray bullets around? Genuinely curious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.