Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nils47

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
Now I don't know what to do, I like the white Macbook so much... + the easy memory change. Now I don't know if I should wait or buy... hmmmmmm :confused:

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
finally something. i bet they will be announced together with leopard release, just in time for christmas.

:D

Wow. I predicted convergence of form factor between MacBook and MacBook pros almost 2 years ago. Maybe I wasn't wrong - just 2 years ahead of the game.

I really like the new keyboard - and felt it was an obvious addition to the MacBooks - so that wouldn't surprise me at all. Also, it seems like everyone is predicting a multitouch mouse pad these days.

My next laptop purchase may be sooner that I thought!

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Looks like I might have made the right choice in waiting to by the macbook :D

Well, how long have you been waiting? If it's been more than three months, I'd say you made the wrong decision. If you just decided to BUY one recently, then yes, you did make the right decision.

muttley1211

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Well I have a good thinkpad right now, but have been waiting to buy a Mac until Leopard comes out. It has probably been about a month since I decided to switch over.

Oh no...I missed the U when I was typing. :rolleyes:

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
Apple have just replaced my Powerbook 12 inch 1.33, after allmost 3 years of failed logic boards with a macbook 2.16, 120 gig.......

So you can be sure that come october they will do a fantastic update of the model......

~~Hello~~

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2007
Now if they would only come with graphics cards... not anything high spec or anything, maybe something like the x1600... oh well maybe in my dreams!

chinderland

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2006
Aluminum is the reality

As I posted under this title previously, aluminum is not more expensive than polycarbonate plastics, given the ever increasing petroleum prices.

The macbook will go aluminum, sooner or later. And both MacRumors and MacInsider has reported the upcoming sub-notebook from apple with an aluminum case most likely. Great news!

I don't think the screen of the Apple sub-notebook will go under 12". Apple is an American company and it has a more global emphasis than Sony in sub-notebooks. 11 and smaller screens are good for Japanese subway passengers. But for the majority of users worldwide, 11" screen is just too small for prolonged use. Just a personal opinion.

12" WXDA is the one.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Apple have just replaced my Powerbook 12 inch 1.33, after allmost 3 years of failed logic boards with a macbook 2.16, 120 gig.......

So you can be sure that come october they will do a fantastic update of the model......

Damn, my PB 12" 1.33 is on it's last legs -- freezing up, kernel panics, hard drive making some scary noises. Past my AppleCare date though. Must get new MacBook!

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Well I have a good thinkpad right now, but have been waiting to buy a Mac until Leopard comes out. It has probably been about a month since I decided to switch over.
Well then I think you've made a wise decision. That Thinkpad is going to be hard to say goodbye to...better prepare for it now:p

Oh no...I missed the U when I was typing. :rolleyes:

Sorry, spelling mistakes just bother me.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
the big question is...WHEN THE HELL ARE THESE GONNA BE OUT? (or announced...) because with apple they are two completely different matters.

I'd say that they'll be out before Christmas, way before (at least six or eight weeks). This way, there will be enough time for Chirstmas buyers to lay their hands onto them. It also fits in nicely with the Leopard update scheme:

Leopard: available by October 23rd or so
Macbooks: announced two weeks after Leopard, so that buzz is kept at maximum capacity, and then by mid November, the macbooks will be in stores ready to be bought.

Bluemusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
‘priced extremely aggressively'

They say the new Macbooks will be Priced extremely aggresively, meaning......what? Cheaper?

Ken Wind

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2006
They say the new Macbooks will be Priced extremely aggresively, meaning......what? Cheaper?

I don't think they'll be much cheaper, if any. What that probably means is that they will be priced very competitively. Notebooks with similar specs will be around the same price or more expensive.

Bluemusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
I don't think they'll be much cheaper, if any. What that probably means is that they will be priced very competitively. Notebooks with similar specs will be around the same price or more expensive.

oh, ok. That would be sweet though to see a $850 Macbook.

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
If 9to5 posted it, it's probably confirmed. This means everyone who just got a MacBook (like me) can start rationalizing their purchase.

I for one, honestly hate the aluminum + white look. Also, enjoy having your signal killed!

(This is the only way to make myself feel better.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.