Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Oracle and Walmart will take up to 20% stake ... so who owns the rest, ByteDance? I'm not sure how this stops "spying by China" from happening.
ByteDance will still be in control of the app itself. The user data will be stored by Oracle. Not sure what the hell Walmart has to do with it.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
The 25,000 job claim is total fiction. How inefficient can an App developer be LOL. Adobe’s employee count - Circ 1983 (with a massive product portfolio) is about 23,000 for example. 25,000 jobs to manage a little App that already is developed?

This is going to be a political claim - “sound bite” from a particular side of the election we will be hearing again. . .

and again . . .

Reactions: shapesinaframe

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
Very well, then in your specific case you should refer to him as a god.

Thanks for confirming why you got the facts and general sentiment of wrong — you don’t live in this country! You see our country from the lease of the fake media.

Rasmussen - who got it right in 2016 - polls trump at 53% approval, higher than Obama in the same period. https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...p_administration/prez_track_sep18?fullbrowser
I agree. The media here in Germany is painting a very bad picture of trump.
His middle east accomplishments were barely mentioned.
Obama on the other hand was worshiped for no reason.

I am not a fan of trumps communication style and threats against Germany but credit is due where credit is due.

He achieved way more than Obama ever has and will most likely get re-elected.

Reactions: calvin2006

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Slated to be finished in January. It’s okay, you’re allowed to get upset.

The U.S.-Mexico border spans nearly 2,000 miles. Before Trump became president, 654 miles had primary barriers. More than three years into Trump’s presidency, that has increased by 3 miles, to 657 miles of primary barriers, according to information provided by CBP.

Four years, almost no movement on Wall construction. Zero movement on getting Mexico to pay. The border's 2000 miles odd long: yet you somehow want to believe that 1,300 miles of border will be protected by a Mexican funded wall in the next 4 years???

Also, Hillary Clinton's still free and America is far from great.

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
ppl who still think trump is the enemy... sad MSM puppets... he's fighting for them anyway.

Yeahhhh.... I know... he talks and acts like an ******. It has not escaped my attention.

But for someone who couldn't care less about political parties and who doesn't watch the media FUD... every now and then I take one of the more outrageous "... and then Trump did...." headlines, what he allegedly did or said, and I research it, and look at the actual data sources, and the pattern over the years has been the same over and over and over and over again: He didn't do that, he didn't say that, he actually did the right thing, or he did something inexplicable that ended up creating the right thing.

Hasn't started a single war but has ended some.

Has made peace with many nations that were on the military industrial complex hit list

Made an ass of himself to get out of Syria... this one was great, Trump announces "yes we leave the troops there to protect the oil" which is so unacceptable that the troops leave the next day. Troops home away from pointless wars that benefit only the dark controllers - maybe he keeps getting lucky, hey it's possible, but maybe those that say he's playing 5D chess are right.

Certainly the first president since JFK to actually care about people. And if you come to me with the next "you know what he did" thing you better research the **** out of that because every time I've researched these claims they were flat out lies.

Not a trump fan or republican. I am a fan of the truth. Nothing but the truth.

mdatwood

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
Aka, I’m mad trump won

But he didn’t win. The Chinese schooled him again [1][2]. The Chinese know all Trump likes is sound bites. TikTok gave him one. I’ll be amazed if this announced deal ever closes. Especially since WeChat users received an injunction on their ban this morning[3]. Apple did the same sound bite trick to get him off their backs not long ago [4].

[1] https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/12/21217060/foxconn-wisconsin-innovation-centers-empty-buildings
[2] https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/tr...-promised-and-wisconsinites-are-angry-report/
[3] https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/tech/wechat-ban-blocked/index.html
[4] https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/20/20974999/trump-is-lying-about-the-new-apple-factory

bb9

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2017
I almost wish China will do the same back to the US. Highway robbery ?

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I don't use nor have I installed this app, however.....
You do know Apple, and all the other BIG players would kill to have an app as popular as TikTok don't you?
Not to mention that Apple and all the other BIG players advertise on the platform and Facebook straight up copied what TikTok does and integrated it into IG.

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Facebook and Google are not banned in China. Facebook just hasn't entered their market yet, while Google left in 2014.

Facebook and Google are, in fact, banned/blocked/prohibited, in China. You cannot access either of those websites from within China's borders.

"Google left" means absolutely nothing because a website can't "leave" the internet. A Chinese citizen in China could access Google from within China, but can't because it is blocked.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.

Four years, almost no movement on Wall construction. Zero movement on getting Mexico to pay. The border's 2000 miles odd long: yet you somehow want to believe that 1,300 miles of border will be protected by a Mexican funded wall in the next 4 years???

Also, Hillary Clinton's still free and America is far from great.

325 miles newly constructed wall has been built so far. :)
That’s pretty huge

Reactions: calvin2006

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
But he didn’t win. The Chinese schooled him again [1][2]. The Chinese know all Trump likes is sound bites. TikTok gave him one. I’ll be amazed if this announced deal ever closes. Especially since WeChat users received an injunction on their ban this morning[3]. Apple did the same sound bite trick to get him off their backs not long ago [4].

[1] https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/12/21217060/foxconn-wisconsin-innovation-centers-empty-buildings
[2] https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/tr...-promised-and-wisconsinites-are-angry-report/
[3] https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/tech/wechat-ban-blocked/index.html
[4] https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/20/20974999/trump-is-lying-about-the-new-apple-factory
Ah CNN and the verge. The two biggest anti-trump sources.

Let’s see how it all plays out, trump has agreed to ‘in concept’.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Wrong. As of a few months ago, 16 miles of new wall have been built. Yes, 16. That's about .8% of the length of the entire border.

In addition to the 16 miles of new wall, 78 miles of existing wall have been repaired or replaced.

wrong.

325 miles have been built.

you try to trick others, by using the term “new wall”.

But all 325 miles is “new wall”...built by trump.

It’s replacing an old wall. Meaning completely demolishing the old one and rebuilding a new one from scratch.

That’s like saying I didn’t build any new wall on my new house that was previously burned to the grown.

Look I get you don’t like the guy. But can you at least argue in good faith?

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
That’s pretty huge

In four years? And how much of that is NEW construction and not updated? Yet there’s 2000 miles or border. None paid for by Mexico. Still over 1,600 to go by your figures.

Great....

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
In four years? And how much of that is NEW construction and not updated? Yet there’s 2000 miles or border. None paid for by Mexico. Still over 1,600 to go by your figures.

Great....
You say ‘updated’ as if trump is patching the wall like an iPhone. Lol.

here’s part of the “updated” wall. Guess it doesn’t count in the 325 Miles built!!

wall isn’t even done yet and it’s dropping border apprehensions for months in a row.
19AF09FD-DA80-45B7-97F4-3D392BB00358.jpeg

Attachments

• 2154AEE0-DB11-4814-AB95-A78C3CBFDE6B.jpeg
    2154AEE0-DB11-4814-AB95-A78C3CBFDE6B.jpeg
    781.7 KB · Views: 103

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Yeahhhh.... I know... he talks and acts like an ******. It has not escaped my attention.
And you don't think that matters for a president?
But for someone who couldn't care less about political parties and who doesn't watch the media FUD... every now and then I take one of the more outrageous "... and then Trump did...." headlines, what he allegedly did or said, and I research it, and look at the actual data sources, and the pattern over the years has been the same over and over and over and over again: He didn't do that, he didn't say that, he actually did the right thing, or he did something inexplicable that ended up creating the right thing.

Hasn't started a single war but has ended some.

Has made peace with many nations that were on the military industrial complex hit list
Abandonment of our Kurdish allies and a huge humanitarian crisis in Syria. Taliban resurging in Afghanistan, Russia paying them bounties to kill our troops. Iran on the verge of kicking out the inspectors and ramping up its nuclear program again. North Korea freely testing advanced ballistic missiles while Trump is delighted by love letters from its dictator. Deep fissures in the most successful military alliance in history, NATO, and our best democratic allies turning their backs on us. The United States a pariah at the United Nations, an organization whose creation it once led.

And domestically? Millions lost their healthcare coverage under Trump, and he is still actively working to kill the ACA without offering an alternative. National debt blown up for a trillion dollar tax cut for the rich that barely moved the needle for the economy. Efforts to combat climate change sabotaged while increasingly extreme weather events devastate parts of the country. Unprecedented corruption. Nepotism like in a banana republic. More than half a dozen associates arrested or convicted of crime. Severe damage to our democratic institutions, public trust eroded by an endless stream of lies. The third president in history to be impeached, over attempts to use government resources to pressure a foreign country into helping him get reelected and obstructing justice. Oh, and 200,000 Americans dead from Covid-19, more than 5 times more per capita than e.g. in Germany. But yeah, he "actually did the right thing" ...

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
That’s pretty huge

Btw, how much of this is the “impenetrable wall” that Trump promised. And how much has been paid for by Mexico?

THOSE were the promises Trump made. YOU claim he’s met those promises, it’s up to you to PROVE he has.

And, as stated, the border’s 2,000 miles long. 325 out of 2,000 is not very much.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That’s because of lockdowns in democrat cities, not trump.

Some places are thriving now.
So you prefer 1000 death per day I guess, which actually sounds ok cause at this rate we have over 600 years to live freely.

Reactions: madrag
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.