Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Btw, how much of this is the “impenetrable wall” that Trump promised. And how much has been paid for by Mexico?

THOSE were the promises Trump made. YOU claim he’s met those promises, it’s up to you to PROVE he has.

And, as stated, the border’s 2,000 miles long. 325 out of 2,000 is not very much.
I didn’t claim Mexico would pay for it. I simply said 325 miles were built. I was right.
[automerge]1600649162[/automerge]
So you prefer 1000 death per day I guess, which actually sounds ok cause at this rate we have over 600 years to live freely.
More people you know have been hurt by lockdowns versus actually being sick from Covid.

Everyone I know, has been hurt more by the lockdown... can’t say I know anyone who caught Covid, let alone died from it

Reactions: calvin2006

bLackjackj

Suspended
Nov 14, 2016
Priorities! So 450,000 people are expected to die of the Corona Virus in the US over the next year & Trump is worrying about a short clip dance app!

450,000 pass away & 25,000 get a job doing I don't know what exactly? ? Can anyone enlighten the Community??

Reactions: heretiq

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
This is about a president whose legacy is an unfinished wall against Mexico, two hundred thousand dead citizens, and hurt feelings after being deceived by the Tiktok fan base at a rally in Tulsa. He's doing all he can to throw dust in the air to confuse the general public about his dirty deeds, in a desperate hope to retain the power come November.

Almost like a politician...

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Priorities! So 450,000 people are expected to die of the Corona Virus in the US over the next year & Trump is worrying about a short clip dance app!

450,000 pass away & 25,000 get a job doing I don't know what exactly? 🙄 Can anyone enlighten the Community??
Actually it’s 200,000 over 10 months.

Flu deaths are only reported over 5 months. 62,000 flu deaths x 2 = 124,000 deaths.

So just a worse version of the flu.

I’m glad the average Americans are waking up. Even in the liberal city i see people enjoying their lives and seeing passed the hype.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
More people you know have been hurt by lockdowns versus actually being sick from Covid.

Everyone I know, has been hurt more by the lockdown... can’t say I know anyone who caught Covid, let alone died from it

Mmhmm. Now imagine how nice it would've been if there was a national response for this back in March. Instead, it's been 1 or 2 out of 50 states taking its turn at bat, causing the remaining states to lock things down or slow the reopening process to a crawl. This could've been done by May. It's now almost October.

Reactions: WiseAJ and heretiq

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008

Flu deaths are only reported over 5 months. 62,000 flu deaths x 2 = 124,000 deaths.

I’m glad the average Americans are waking up. Even in the liberal city i see people enjoying their lives and seeing passed the hype.

The flu season is regarded as 7 months. October through April.

39,000,000-56,000,000 million illnesses. 24,000-62,000 deaths.

Coronavirus has been striking us for just as long now, and won't be seasonal.

6.8 million confirmed illnesses. 200,000 deaths.

This isn't a "worse version of the flu"... that's just an asinine thing to say. This is hundreds of times deadlier. 0.04% death rate, versus what has fallen to a 3% death rate, and was once over 6% -- an indication we've learned from earlier attempts to treat it.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
That's the most ridiculous argumentation I have seen yet. Flu deaths are reported over the winter season because almost no one dies outside of the season. Also, without the various lockdowns, restrictions and social distancing measures that were established by many states, the Covid-19 cases would have continued to grow exponentially and deaths would be in the millions by now.

Reactions: madrag

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
That's the most ridiculous argumentation I have seen yet. Flu deaths are reported over the winter season because almost no one dies outside of the season. Also, without the various lockdowns, restrictions and social distancing measures that were established by many states, the Covid-19 cases would have continued to grow exponentially and deaths would be in the millions by now.
Not even the homeless people, whom I see every day sleeping/laying on the city streets, are sick/dying.

I mean, the president doesn't even wear a mask and attends 20-30k rallies almost daily...

When will you realize it's all overhyped, as the rest of the world is concluding.

tridley68

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2014
Wasn't vine nearly the same thing? I saw some of the videos on tiktok from my daughter's device and of course it's filled with a bunch of toxicity like other social media platforms. Narcissistic people spewing their beliefs and if you don't agree you are evil.
Exactly

Reactions: Deliro

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I didn’t claim Mexico would pay for it. I simply said 325 miles were built. I was right.
[automerge]1600649162[/automerge]

Trump’s promise was a wall PAID FOR by Mexico. So far the United States taxpayers have footed the entire bill.

And barely any NEW wall has been built. Most of the construction had been of existing wall.

There’s also the question of the hundreds of miles of private land that lies on the border in places such as the Rio-Grande Valley (67 miles), San Diego (63 miles) and El Centro (11 miles).

The costs are high as well, e.g. $823m alone for the Rio-Grande Valley for the wall alone, dog knows how much in legal fees in fighting 3 sewerage eminent domain cases. $636m for Yuma, $482m on El Passo and $1.3bn for Laredo.

And all these are just initial allocation costs - in other words, the rock bottom MINIMUMS.

And all of it paid for by us, not Mexico. Us.

The deal was a border wall PAID FOR by Mexico. Not just a border wall.

You do like to ignore the difficult and go for the easy. Just like Trump.

The country is already at breaking point due to Covid-19. Trumps tax giveaway put a huge $2.3t hole in the finances. His payroll tax loan (which is already giving corporations major headaches and risks them being exposed financially as a result) could leave the most vulnerable employees facing tax bills they cannot afford starting in January, and is creating another major hole in the Social Security Fund.

I’d be interested in seeing you dispute these FACTS. Nothing I’ve posted here is rhetoric, or supposition. As an employer I know full well the potential effects of the tax “holiday”.

Reactions: Shirasaki

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Trump’s promise was a wall PAID FOR by Mexico. So far the United States taxpayers have footed the entire bill.

And barely any NEW wall has been built. Most of the construction had been of existing wall.

There’s also the question of the hundreds of miles of private land that lies on the border in places such as the Rio-Grande Valley (67 miles), San Diego (63 miles) and El Centro (11 miles).

The costs are high as well, e.g. $823m alone for the Rio-Grande Valley for the wall alone, dog knows how much in legal fees in fighting 3 sewerage eminent domain cases. $636m for Yuma, $482m on El Passo and $1.3bn for Laredo.

And all these are just initial allocation costs - in other words, the rock bottom MINIMUMS.

And all of it paid for by us, not Mexico. Us.

The deal was a border wall PAID FOR by Mexico. Not just a border wall.

You do like to ignore the difficult and go for the easy. Just like Trump.

The country is already at breaking point due to Covid-19. Trumps tax giveaway put a huge $2.3t hole in the finances. His payroll tax loan (which is already giving corporations major headaches and risks them being exposed financially as a result) could leave the most vulnerable employees facing tax bills they cannot afford starting in January, and is creating another major hole in the Social Security Fund.

I’d be interested in seeing you dispute these FACTS. Nothing I’ve posted here is rhetoric, or supposition. As an employer I know full well the potential effects of the tax “holiday”.

1. October
  2. November
  3. December
  4. January
  5. February
  6. March
  7. April
CDC collects data from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020. That's six months bud

Not a good look for you! Do your research!

Reactions: Dobbs2

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017

And here’s what you don’t get. Those flu deaths are from when the country is 100% wide open. No masks, no social distancing, no lockdowns.

COVID has killed thousands with all these lockdowns in place, thus confirming just how deadly it is.

Sweden lost ~2,700 people to flu in 2018, even less in 2019. Over 5,800 are dead there due to COVID.

A “worse” version of the flu? It’s almost twice as lethal and right now we’re still trying to ascertain the long term effects of even suffering from COVID.

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017

CDC collects data from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020. That's six months bud

Not a good look for you! Do your research!

No, it releases burden estimates for that period.

It doesn’t collect anything, it uses a mathematical model based upon observed rates of laboratory confirmed flu related hospitalizations.

How’s that research going?

Reactions: WiseAJ

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
And here’s what you don’t get. Those flu deaths are from when the country is 100% wide open. No masks, no social distancing, no lockdowns.

COVID has killed thousands with all these lockdowns in place, thus confirming just how deadly it is.

Sweden lost ~2,700 people to flu in 2018, even less in 3019. Over 5,800 are dead there due to COVID.

A “worse” version of the flu? It’s almost twice as lethal and right now we’re still trying to ascertain the long term effects of even suffering from COVID.

It's overhyped. Should have opened up a long time ago. Now more people suffer, more than millions - the entire country.

Now be happy, and positive brother. Show love.

bLackjackj

Suspended
Nov 14, 2016

Actually the prediction is that it will end up costing 450000 US lives by the end of next year.

A worse version of the flu? ???

You're glad that Americans are waking up, enjoying their lives & more people are dying than ever??? Australia managed to drop in Victoria from 700 cases to 11 today, all due to an extended lockdown! The facts speak for themeselves ??

Reactions: Shirasaki

mrr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
So what did Donald Trump get from all that? Just a minor part interest in Tik Tok for his friends at Oracle and Walmart. Pathetic.

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Unchecked, without any intervention, lockdown, social distancing, etc., corona will infect 60–70% of any given population, and kill 7%.

Flu doesn't do that. At least not very often – last time was 1918–1920.

Reactions: JDHiro

JDHiro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Seattle, WA
I'm sorry, when did Trump become the King of America and he could unilaterally decide to "ban" companies and steal from them... or do whatever the **** he wants in general?

If the senate and house pass an embargo on Chinese apps, fine, I'm all for it. That's why I voted for representatives in all branches of the government. This isn't law - this is an embarrassing Trump Flex.

JDHiro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Seattle, WA
Unchecked, without any intervention, lockdown, social distancing, etc., corona will infect 60–70% of any given population, and kill 7%.

Flu doesn't do that. At least not very often – last time was 1918–1920.

Yeah, 8,000-20,000 people die from the flu each year with the WORST predictions being around 60k. COVID is on track to take out 400k in the US this year.

I did some math on "crowd immunity" and it would require like 300 million deaths worldwide.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

I somehow wish USA become the only country in the world that embraces full on herd immunity so at least we have a controlled subject for COVID research.

Like other guys said, it is off topic, so I will stop here.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, 8,000-20,000 people die from the flu each year with the WORST predictions being around 60k. COVID is on track to take out 400k in the US this year.

I did some math on "crowd immunity" and it would require like 300 million deaths worldwide.

400k? COVID has barely killed 10,000 people by itself. The vast majority of supposed COVID deaths were deaths WITH COVID, not deaths FROM COVID. COVID isn’t even as deadly as the flu, and it’s only deadly in certain populations, which can easily be protected from it with some reasonable safety measures. The COVID lockdowns have killed and harmed vastly more people than COVID.

The bottom line is there is no pandemic from COVID. COVID is real, but it isn’t a pandemic. If you want to live in fear, locked up in your house and wearing a bacterial zoo on your face as you imagine it’s protecting you, that’s your right. Just don’t impose the same ridiculous nonsense on the rest of us.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
400k? COVID has barely killed 10,000 people by itself. The vast majority of supposed COVID deaths were deaths WITH COVID, not deaths FROM COVID.

That's how counting deaths works. The vast majority of AIDS deaths aren't from AIDS. AIDS weakens the immune system; then something you'd usually survive kills you. Same for COVID.

COVID isn’t even as deadly as the flu, and it’s only deadly in certain populations, which can easily be protected from it with some reasonable safety measures. The COVID lockdowns have killed and harmed vastly more people than COVID.

The bottom line is there is no pandemic from COVID. COVID is real, but it isn’t a pandemic. If you want to live in fear, locked up in your house and wearing a bacterial zoo on your face as you imagine it’s protecting you, that’s your right. Just don’t impose the same ridiculous nonsense on the rest of us.

There's wrong, there's dangerously wrong, and then there's the above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.