Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
They are not two Countries They are two corporations. Countries don’t exist. The USA is a Corporation that only works in the interests of corporations.

The US corporation is bankrupt. The brain is dead and the body is thrashing about, but eventually it'll stop moving. Keep your eyes open over the next few weeks and months, and watch the glorious collapse.

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
This is the kind of hate the mass media has bred.

Once again, the irony comes through. Same old playbook, same old projection.

I refer you to the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012. Read the section about the repeal of the domestic dissemination ban. Mass media is the enemy of the people.

EDIT: I don't mind when someone disagrees with me; in fact, it's a normal part of rational debate. However, when presented with facts, even facts that are published by the very government that is supposed to serve The People, segments of our society refuse to allow actual proof to get in the way of their "beliefs" (read: beliefs that were pounded into their heads by the corrupted institutions that nurtured them). Once again, irony rears its head, that you would actually disagree about how mass media lies to and manipulates the public via legalized propaganda, while saying that it has "nurtured hate" out of the other side of your mouth.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ThisBougieLife

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
The CCP is the focus of evil in the world today. It is well known that the CCP engages in crimes against humanity, represses it own population through violence and intimidation, engages in government and corporate corruption as normal operating procedure and uses exploitation as world-wide tool of government power. It threatens its peaceful neighbors to further its nationalistic aims. None if this even touches upon its reckless negligence and indifference to humanity by casting a global pandemic, perhaps that first one in human history that could be have been entirely avoided, upon the world resulting in the mass killing of millions of people world wide. Obviously trying to hide the truth, the CCP will not even allow international scientists in iits terroritory to get to the bottom of such issues.

Comparing the CCP to the US government is an exercise of false equivalency writ large for a number reasons, not the least of which is that the USA has a government elected by its people every four years with clear institutional separation of powers. China, through the CCP, is a dictatorship. The mere fact that Apple is so intertwine with such a regime is a deep shame for Apple and freedom loving governments across the world. The sooner Apple shifts its production away from China, the sooner it will become a good citizen of the world and begin to protect the future of its own business.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
Should Apple leave the US? Its treatments of blacks? Enslaving a whole race? Genocide of a whole continent (Native Americans)? Invading countless countries? Even ones based on lies (weapons of mass destruction)? Installing US friendly dictators in South American countries? Torturing Iraqi prisoners for fun and sport? Would you like a full list of US atrocities?

I like how you're getting downvoted for something that is 100% factually accurate. Fiction is preferable to unpleasant truths. Plugging one's ears and saying "La-la-la I can't hear you!"

Most Americans are still committed to the myth of American exceptionalism. We genuinely believe we're the "good guys" in the world narrative, that our hearts have always been in the right place throughout all these atrocities, and that the definition of utopia is a unipolar world led by the U.S., which is why the few countries that challenge that order (Russia, China), have to be portrayed as the embodiment of pure evil.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
China’s government canceled their highly successful zero-COVID policy in large part due to pressure from Apple and Nike. As a result, in just over two months, 1.3 million people died in China from COVID (according to U.K.-based predictive health analytics company Airfinity). This should show you how truly evil of a man Tim Cook is.

• Wow

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
It’s not a “symbiotic relationship,” Tim. It’s a parasitic relationship. And you, Tim, are one of the biggest parasites.

Chinese workers are full human beings, not subhumans to be parasitically exploited by corporations for maximized profits.

Last edited:

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
Timmy is in bed with the one of the biggest threats to the west. Anything for a dollar.
Yes - a huge threat! They already have all their warships right up to the US coastline and military bases on Cuba, in Mexico and Canada!

… oh wait! Did I get it mixed up?

Reactions: ThomasJL

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
I remember years ago, there was a lot of talk about 'secret chips' being included in/on devices and boards made for US companies. Chips that people (who claimed to know) couldn't place as needing to be there.

It's very much still a huge concern.

I gave my son a Huawei watch a few years ago for Christmas. I thought he'd be excited, but when he opened it, he frowned. I asked him if he wanted a different model and he said: "Dad, I can't wear this". When I asked why, he told me that since he works on highly secure missile systems at the aerospace company he is employed at, he would not be allowed, even on his leisure time at home and about.

After that, I was shocked when I went to a security conference in a US city that had an international pavilion. In that pavilion, there were numerous Chinese companies looking to sell security camera, face recognition, and cyber protection systems to American attendees. How any American company can purchase and use Chinese tech in security or cybersecurity systems is beyond me. After being around these issues, I'm not hesitant to think that China hasn't manipulated chip technology to spy on our iPhones as well...

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
The US corporation is bankrupt. The brain is dead and the body is thrashing about, but eventually it'll stop moving. Keep your eyes open over the next few weeks and months, and watch the glorious collapse.
You are way too pessimistic.

US can still solve absolutely any issue at a time. The challenge is having too many things come at you at the same time(failing infrastructure that have been ignored for a long time etc.). The superpower status can only ever be had if proved in the face of extreme adversity on all fronts.

• Wow

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
I like how you're getting downvoted for something that is 100% factually accurate. Fiction is preferable to unpleasant truths. Plugging one's ears and saying "La-la-la I can't hear you!"

Most Americans are still committed to the myth of American exceptionalism. We genuinely believe we're the "good guys" in the world narrative, that our hearts have always been in the right place throughout all these atrocities, and that the definition of utopia is a unipolar world led by the U.S., which is why the few countries that challenge that order (Russia, China), have to be portrayed as the embodiment of pure evil.
The authoritarian governments of Russia and China are undeniably evil, though. Recent events have only reinforced that fact. You can throw all the whataboutisms you want, at the end of the day for all its (many) faults the US is still a democracy (a very flawed one, but still).

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
You are way too pessimistic.

US can still solve absolutely any issue at a time. The challenge is having too many things come at you at the same time(failing infrastructure that have been ignored for a long time etc.). The superpower status can only ever be had if proved in the face of extreme adversity on all fronts.

Au contraire! I'm actually completely, 100% optimistic. What I have outlined is already taking place. It had to happen. I'm happy it's happening, and the rest of the country will be happy when it all plays out.

• Wow

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
In the other thread people seemed to take issue with the fact that I am reluctant to travel to China for political reasons. And yet this thread…

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
The sooner everyone can decouple from China the better.
Where would you like to put them? On Mars? It’s one billion people and they are a part of this planet no matter if you like it or not. They might be wanting to decouple from US as well. Join India, Russia and Africa. Then you will be completely decoupled.
The authoritarian governments of Russia and China are undeniably evil, though. Recent events have only reinforced that fact. You can throw all the whataboutisms you want, at the end of the day for all its (many) faults the US is still a democracy (a very flawed one, but still).
How do you define “undeniable evil”?

I don’t know much about Russia, but the Russian people have been able to overthrow leaders they didn’t like before.

For China I think it’s a far stretch to call them undeniably evil. China and the Chinese people have always been like ants. If they decide to work together on something they can move just about anything. And they will work together on what serves MOST of the population the best. Now if you’re an ant in China and doesn’t want to follow the rest you will have a hard time to put it mildly. China is NOT a place for individualism. But note that a lot of Chinese has been lifted out of poverty, getting an education and are living very decent lives. But still under the condition that you follow whatever the party says is for the common good. Do they have problems with human rights? Oh yes for sure! But if that’s the criteria a lot of nations are “undeniably evil”.

Reactions: ThisBougieLife

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
It's very much still a huge concern.

I gave my son a Huawei watch a few years ago for Christmas. I thought he'd be excited, but when he opened it, he frowned. I asked him if he wanted a different model and he said: "Dad, I can't wear this". When I asked why, he told me that since he works on highly secure missile systems at the aerospace company he is employed at, he would not be allowed, even on his leisure time at home and about.

After that, I was shocked when I went to a security conference in a US city that had an international pavilion. In that pavilion, there were numerous Chinese companies looking to sell security camera, face recognition, and cyber protection systems to American attendees. How any American company can purchase and use Chinese tech in security or cybersecurity systems is beyond me. After being around these issues, I'm not hesitant to think that China hasn't manipulated chip technology to spy on our iPhones as well...

Well the thing is, it's possible. Since THEY do all the assembly, and the contractors probably don't even bother to look over the hardware (food and drug companies don't tend to look over/test their imports apparently), OR the software/firmware, who knows what's lurking in that stuff, and largely unknown.

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
So you have not understood anything about human and especially Chinese psychology. Or you just don’t care.

If you want to change their standpoint you need to make friends with them. Or at least talk politely to them. Keep the negativity out of public. Not humiliate them in public As is being done now.

What the US government is doing right now is giving China every excuse to make even better friends with Putin and I don’t see a reason for that unless you really want a 3rd world war.
I do not have a soft side when it comes to communists, the ideology needs to be removed like the cancer it is. The US and every other nation on this planet has waited too long and allowed them to get too much power.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
Do they have problems with human rights? Oh yes for sure! But if that’s the criteria a lot of nations are “undeniably evil”.

Right, I'm not at all suggesting China doesn't have problems with human rights or commit atrocities. It's just that there are clear economic motives for China being viewed as the enemy from an American perspective (namely that they threaten our economic dominance and our status as "the only superpower"); it has little to do with concern for human rights or "atrocities", when we are often complicit in atrocities ourselves or ignore atrocities in other countries. There's always some narrative or excuse that makes it acceptable when we do it, or some excuse for why we can't divest from such a country if a relationship with them is to our economic benefit (see Saudi Arabia or Israel). We're not going to "pull away from China" for moral reasons; we will do so when a relationship with them is no longer beneficial.

Last edited:

siddavis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2009
Where would you like to put them? On Mars? It’s one billion people and they are a part of this planet no matter if you like it or not. They might be wanting to decouple from US as well. Join India, Russia and Africa. Then you will be completely decoupled.

I don’t know much about Russia, but the Russian people have been able to overthrow leaders they didn’t like before.

For China I think it’s a far stretch to call them undeniably evil. China and the Chinese people have always been like ants. If they decide to work together on something they can move just about anything. And they will work together on what serves MOST of the population the best. Now if you’re an ant in China and doesn’t want to follow the rest you will have a hard time to put it mildly. China is NOT a place for individualism. But note that a lot of Chinese has been lifted out of poverty, getting an education and are living very decent lives. But still under the condition that you follow whatever the party says is for the common good. Do they have problems with human rights? Oh yes for sure! But if that’s the criteria a lot of nations are “undeniably evil”.
It is a big problem conflating the people of these countries with their unelected rulers. This is how we get attacks as if we are condemning the people.

siddavis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2009
Right, I'm not at all suggesting China doesn't have problems with human rights or commit atrocities. It's just that there are clear economic motives for China being viewed as the enemy from an American perspective (namely that they threaten our economic dominance and our status as "the only superpower"); it has little to do with concern for human rights or "atrocities", when we are often complicit in atrocities ourselves or ignore atrocities in other countries. There's always some narrative or excuse that makes it acceptable when we do it, or some excuse for why we can't divest from such a country if a relationship with them is to our economic benefit (see Saudi Arabia). We're not going to "pull away from China" for moral reasons; we will do so when a relationship with them is no longer beneficial.
Well that, and the whole communism part.
I will agree with you that it only ends when the relationship is no longer beneficial. Doesn't change that we should demand from our leaders that it ends.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I do not have a soft side when it comes to communists, the ideology needs to be removed like the cancer it is. The US and every other nation on this planet has waited too long and allowed them to get too much power.
Does this mean that you are finally ready for action or will you wait a bit longer until another puppet like Hitler will come along to do your dirty work for you?

There is a reason why the British left their communication with Hitler classified for another 50 years and Henry Ford had a bust of Hitler sitting on his desk. At this stage "the best kept secret" does not have to be a secret.

• Wow

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017

Honestly, if you can't even agree with the basic assertion that totalitarian regimes are not a good thing, then there's really no point in discussing with you. Especially while they are actively undermining democracy throughout the world as we speak, in subtle and less subtle (*cough*Ukraine*cough*) ways.

I was also pretty clear that I was critical of their governments, not their people, who for the most part are victims who have no say in how they are ruled, and even if they disagree they can't openly speak out about it, so I'm not sure why you started talking about the people, other than to falsely accuse me of painting a broad stroke on the people of Russia and China as a whole.

MrTangent

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2003
How dare he’s American and not mention Guantanamo! Oh wait, that wasn’t the intend of the meeting? Apple is doing business there for decades. A large amount of sales are generated there and there has been zero pointers to the contrary.
I might agree with you except for Apple pandering to China on numerous occasions.

Perhaps you remember when they capitulated to Chinese demands that iCloud security keys be held on Chinese territory? Or them forcing Apple to remove certain apps from Chinese app store? Or them making Apple remove the Taiwan flag in iOS in certain countries? Or them forcing Apple to label parts made in Taiwan as made in (Taiwan) China?

These are just off the top of my head. Not the same at all.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I might agree with you except for Apple pandering to China on numerous occasions.

Perhaps you remember when they capitulated to Chinese demands that iCloud security keys be held on Chinese territory? Or them forcing Apple to remove certain apps from Chinese app store? Or them making Apple remove the Taiwan flag in iOS in certain countries? Or them forcing Apple to label parts made in Taiwan as made in (Taiwan) China?

These are just off the top of my head. Not the same at all.
All true of course- Apple is after their fat market and cheap labour and that’s well established as are the plenty downsides of both regimes. Point is, sitting in one of the two countries and solely blaming the other one is just silly. Apple loves China for multiple reasons and are not anywhere close to changing this in any significant way. Of course this rubs the nationalist in some posters the wrong way who love to act as if the relationship between China and Apple are somehow new or surprising.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.