Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Only 5 days to go now!

First time I'll be a registered developer, my iPad is ready to install any betas they release and hopefully they'll be some new APIs to play around with. I hope they finally open Siri up for third party apps, that would be great!

Going to keep my phone on iOS 7 as I don't really want to mess that up, but definitely looking forward to playing with it on the iPad.

I wonder if the iPad betas will be released later - didn't they do that with iOS 7?

iOS 7 was and still is barely optimized for the iPad.

Hopefully iOS 8 will be designed with both the iPhone and iPad in mind.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Apple really needs to blow me away. I'm contemplating my 2nd move to Android. iOS 7 was just a make over with features we should have already had. You can't impress me with new icons in Rainbow Bright/My Little Pony colors.

I need the iPhone to FUNCTION properly now. We are in our 8th year.

Sandboxing has to come to and end.

iPad needs multi-screen apps and multi user accounts. Different devices with different screens should have different functions.

Apps should be able to share data. I shouldn't have to see 5 photos just because I used 5 different photography apps.

Alot of apps need to be consolidated. There's no reason for Contacts app to exist on the iPhone. Facetime doesn't need to be a separate app.

The Music app needs work. Why do I have to scroll so much. Why can't I jump to an artist or album by tapping letters on the right side of the screen. Why do some functions have an icon, yet others have the wording spelled out?

Why does the app store of all these great apps, yet I can't set any of them as my default for say, weather, email, browser, calendar, camera, or maps?

I still don't know where my files are "in the cloud". Please make an iFiles app. I should be able to see all my documents at a glance. Why must you make me look through the app itself?

The default camera app STILL can't independently select focus and exposure, like the superior Camera+.

Photostream would work so much better if: 1) The camera app didn't automatically send photos to the camera roll. All you're causing me to do is to delete stuff 2x (once in the Camera Roll, then again in Photostream). 2) My phone should show me the last 30 days or 1000 photos, and the rest remain in the cloud forever, not the other way around. This will net you more revenue since people WILL PAY for my storage space.

Clear all on the notification dropdown please. That should have been a no brainer from the get go.

/rant

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Apple really needs to blow me away. I'm contemplating my 2nd move to Android. iOS 7 was just a make over with features we should have already had. You can't impress me with new icons in Rainbow Bright/My Little Pony colors.

iPad needs multi-screen apps and multi user accounts. Different devices with different screens should have different functions.

Apps should be able to share data. I shouldn't have to see 5 photos just because I used 5 different photography apps.

Alot of apps need to be consolidated. There's no reason for Contacts app to exist on the iPhone. Facetime doesn't need to be a separate app.

The Music app needs work. Why do I have to scroll so much. Why can't I jump to an artist or album by tapping letters on the right side of the screen. Why do some functions have an icon, yet others have the wording spelled out?

Why does the app store of all these great apps, yet I can't set any of them as my default for say, weather, email, browser, calendar, camera, or maps?

I still don't know where my files are "in the cloud". Please make an iFiles app. I should be able to see all my documents at a glance. Why must you make me look through the app itself?

The default camera app STILL can't independently select focus and exposure, like the superior Camera+.

Photostream would work so much better if: 1) The camera app didn't automatically send photos to the camera roll. All you're causing me to do is to delete stuff 2x (once in the Camera Roll, then again in Photostream). 2) My phone should show me the last 30 days or 1000 photos, and the rest remain in the cloud forever, not the other way around. This will net you more revenue since people WILL PAY for my storage space.

Clear all on the notification dropdown please. That should have been a no brainer from the get go.

/rant

I have to agree with EVERYTHING you just said. I am hoping to see some kind of improvement to the music app. It is one of the most used apps on my phone, and it just seems like it doesn't "flow" like some of the other Apple apps. Here's to hoping.

mrsketch

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2013

/rant

I agree with your suggestions for iOS. however android doesn't function nearly as well as iOS. I bought a nexus 5 three months ago to see for myself. So unrefined so unpolished so many glitches and bugs. Certainly not what I expected. I sold the nexus 5 within a month and went back to my 5s.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I agree with your suggestions for iOS. however android doesn't function nearly as well as iOS. I bought a nexus 5 three months ago to see for myself. So unrefined so unpolished so many glitches and bugs. Certainly not what I expected. I sold the nexus 5 within a month and went back to my 5s.

What kind of glitches and bugs were you experienced? I am curious because my Nexus 4 just runs fine

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
All these rumored features and all I want is quick reply for iMessage.

After using swipe on android keyboard, I really want that on iPhone. It is so good so fast and so accurate! If I would jailbreak my iPhone it would be for a quick reply and swipe keyboard. Apart from that, iPhone have everything I need. I am using GS5 also, top Android smartphone and despite that, the sluggishness on it is quite evident and every now and then I have to use an app called clean master to bust memory because it starts running slow.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
And then the whingers and the moaners will have something new to complain about! :)

uhyzema5.jpg

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Less than 24 hours! this time tomorrow will be hammering the dev site for beta 1 :)

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Wow, you had to say this?

Yeah, and so will 248,000+ people (that's just in US alone by the way).

Lol, it was clearly a joke! I'm pretty sure TONS of people will have iOS 8 on their device tomorrow - if it is released.

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Wow its only 13 hours... I really don't want to go to bed. Thankfully i just have to rush home from school and hop on my iPad. Everyone knows to leave me alone on the first day of WWDC. Its terrible, but I requested off from my job. Not like I ever work on Mondays but I had to be sure :D. Tomorrow is practically better than Christmas for me. I know Safari will get a better workout tomorrow than just about any other day, especially if i get my wish and the iWatch gets previewed Mac Pro style. I'll be surfing sites for hours.

mrsketch

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2013
It feels like being a kid on Christmas Eve! Haha I'm so excited for tomorrow. It's almost here guys

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
thats too perfect because its too true, i guess im one of the very few who was very welcoming to change from apple and absolutely love ios 7...i mean theres room for improvement but i knew ios 8 was coming so i truly didn't care enough to complain

I too am very welcome to change from Apple, and I loved the new iOS 7 design when it was announced. However, the one thing I didn't like was the decreased stability and performance of iOS 7 compared to iOS 6. I'm excited for future releases because I hope they will bring back stability and performance.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I too am very welcome to change from Apple, and I loved the new iOS 7 design when it was announced. However, the one thing I didn't like was the decreased stability and performance of iOS 7 compared to iOS 6. I'm excited for future releases because I hope they will bring back stability and performance.

iOS 8 will fix stability and performance that's for sure, it was at the top of the list!

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
That's why I'm so excited for Beta 1 haha

Yes, I am looking forward to it as well. But I do wish that I had waited for iOS 8 before updating from iOS 6, since it was proven and I have experienced that iOS 7 brought poorer battery life, more lag and less smoothness, slower opening of apps, and less recently used apps stored in RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.