Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yep. It seems that apps that take advantage of 64-bit won't really proliferate until most or all of the devices being sold use 64-bit processors.

By which time your meagre 1GB of RAM and probably processor speed too will have been cynically stretched to hell by iOS9, and you'll need to upgrade your handset :)

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
The first time I actually have a developer account! I'll be one of the first to try it out :D

When you get it, please look into the music app to see if Apple actually made any improvements to the now-broken stock app.

Thanks in advance!

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The first time I actually have a developer account! I'll be one of the first to try it out :D

Σ(●゚д゚●) .... Got all my devices' URId registered...just going to wait for downloading the firmware... I am sure I can find somewhere...,

----------

By they...how long does it take Apple,to approve your registration? Last time I try, Apple said around 48 hours, then I gave up.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Σ(●゚д゚●) .... Got all my devices' URId registered...just going to wait for downloading the firmware... I am sure I can find somewhere...,

----------

By they...how long does it take Apple,to approve your registration? Last time I try, Apple said around 48 hours, then I gave up.

Haha you will but it will take some time

It took less than an hour If I remember correctly

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
You'll probably be able to install it without registering, just as the past 3 betas have gone

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Does anyone think there is a chance of any design changes? Taking into account how iOS7 evolved and changed in design in betas and even in .1 release i think there is a fair chance of seeing some different elements to the design in iOS8, nothing drastic of course.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014
...i think there is a fair chance of seeing some different elements to the design in iOS8, nothing drastic of course.

Well Im pretty sure that they will make some cosmetic changes, I dont think it will be a complete changeover.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Does anyone think there is a chance of any design changes? Taking into account how iOS7 evolved and change in design in betas and even in .1 release i think there is a fair chance of seeing some different elements to the design in iOS8, nothing drastic of course.

Thoughts?

Well for one I hope they realise they made a BIG mistake with the caller pictures and revert them back to full-screen pictures! Notification Center will see a couple of changes but as you said, I can't see nothing major. Still, should be a very good upgrade. I just hope for a more polished, faster OS.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Does anyone think there is a chance of any design changes? Taking into account how iOS7 evolved and changed in design in betas and even in .1 release i think there is a fair chance of seeing some different elements to the design in iOS8, nothing drastic of course.

Thoughts?

I do see the dock being more translucent

Like this : http://www.journaldugeek.com/files/2014/03/ios-7-3.jpg

When it's currently like this : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/IOS_7.1_homescreen.png

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
As long as apps talked to each other, that's all I care about. This sandboxing business is getting ridiculous in 2014.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I am hoping for the following:

- Split screen for dual app running
- Siri finally gets opened up to other applications
- Ability to have screens with saved app always open. Example calendar app pinned if you would so if I go to the left once my calendar app is always open.
- Ability to have a few apps pinned, swipe left once or twice
- Ability to set apps up, not necessarily in a row. So I don't always have rows of apps.
- Improved camera software functionality
- bring back the dynamic background and lock screen

That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I know most of these will not happened but I can dream right!

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I am hoping for the following:

- Split screen for dual app running

- Siri finally gets opened up to other applications

- Ability to have screens with saved app always open. Example calendar app pinned if you would so if I go to the left once my calendar app is always open.

- Ability to have a few apps pinned, swipe left once or twice

- Ability to set apps up, not necessarily in a row. So I don't always have rows of apps.

- Improved camera software functionality

- bring back the dynamic background and lock screen

That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I know most of these will not happened but I can dream right!

Dynamic backrounds have always been in iOS 7. Perhaps you mean panoramic wallpapers, which I would greatly welcome.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Only 5 days to go now!

First time I'll be a registered developer, my iPad is ready to install any betas they release and hopefully they'll be some new APIs to play around with. I hope they finally open Siri up for third party apps, that would be great!

Going to keep my phone on iOS 7 as I don't really want to mess that up, but definitely looking forward to playing with it on the iPad.

I wonder if the iPad betas will be released later - didn't they do that with iOS 7?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.