Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
The DOJ is not pro-consumer. They are anti-Apple and pro-Apple-competitors.
Orrrr Apple is problem that needs to be addressed, I'm sure the various governments around the world aren't doing this for fun ???

Last edited:

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
Eh, careful. Apparently Facebook employees have been whistleblowing that Facebook execs have been over-ruling their own rules and employees and giving passes to right wing sites that would otherwise been restricted.

Except right wing politicians have been banned, so what are you talking about??? ?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Except there was no risk ??????
Yup
Trump was tweeting about the election results and the numbers not adding up
in his usual 3 sentence brief tweets with a 'wake up" coda
on that Nov Wednesday and has his account frozen that day.

but this is irrelevant

we should never trust or allow any government to process in spying or censoring their innocent citizens.
who knows what  did or the DOJ is on a with hunt

i am watching a Snowden documentary now so my mind is on this subject subjectively

Reactions: PC_tech

visualseed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2020
That's your choice but your fear of what may happen doesn't trump what I should be anle to do with my phone
You, personally, can do whatever you want with your phone. Those making, selling, and distributing tools and systems that allow you to do things to your phone are governed by the terms of the contracts they agree to in order to make use of the intellectual property that enables it.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I’m surprised this isn’t on the political news forum instead. Anyway, it ought to be clear to Apple that the DOJ under Democratic administrations finds ways to be hostile to the company. They slapped Apple with an anti-trust lawsuit over e-books back when Amazon had 90% market share and Apple had 10%. Now they are threatening anti-trust litigation over the iPhone even though Apple doesn’t even have a majority market share in the US.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It's funny how Republicans/Conservatives always complain about liberal bias or being silenced...

And yet we keep hearing from them. There is tons of R/C material being spread across the internet RIGHT NOW. And always has been. Facebook is FULL of right-wing stuff.

They'll also say "we're being silenced!" while sitting in front of a camera being broadcast to millions of TVs. And that video clip will be distributed on, guess what, social media.

If Facebook is liberal... why do I keep seeing conservative posts shared by my family members?

Answer: Conservative posts are the top-performers on Facebook.

:p
Come on. All the tech companies, Facebook included, conspired to kill the Hunter Biden story last October, dismissing it as “Russian interference.” Zuckerberg is a known ultra-left-wing Biden supporter. Interesting how existing billionaires like him will be exempt from the proposed wealth tax.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Remember, you get what you vote for.
Really? Is that what you think? I hate to break it for you but this investigation spans 2 presidents and however many Attorneys General from both sides of politics.
The new guy doesn't win the Presidency and all the bureaucrats at DoJ put up their hands and say "that's it people stop everything you're working on and trash it".
You've just been desensitised to the politicisation that took place under Trump. It's not normal that DoJ NOT be independent of whoever happens to be President. It's NOT normal for Presidents to direct DoJ who or what to investigate. This loss of independence is a stepping stone to a dictatorship.

Reactions: vipergts2207

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Except right wing politicians have been banned, so what are you talking about??? ?
A few incidents of far right nutter being banned (including Trump) does not demonstrate what is occurring culturally within these orgs. Trump just went so far that they had no choice but to remove him because he was too stupid to walk the line and not overtly breach their ToS. I would even argue that if Trump was not president and was saying the things he did (or if any average person did), that he would have been banned much sooner than he was.

Reactions: Michael Scrip

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Come on. All the tech companies, Facebook included, conspired to kill the Hunter Biden story last October, dismissing it as “Russian interference.” Zuckerberg is a known ultra-left-wing Biden supporter. Interesting how existing billionaires like him will be exempt from the proposed wealth tax.

If Hunter Biden committed actual crimes... you better believe someone would investigate.

How many Republican Congress and Senate members are ex-lawyers? Hundreds?

Any of them could make a phone call to their local DA and open a case.

The fact that they haven't... really says something.

It sounds like the Hunter Biden story is a Fox News talking point... with no real merit behind it. But I dunno.

I've heard a lot of people say things about Hunter Biden. But I haven't seen anyone do anything about Hunter Biden.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
If Hunter Biden committed actual crimes... you better believe someone would investigate.

How many Republican Congress and Senate members are ex-lawyers? Hundreds?

Any of them could make a phone call to their local DA and open a case.

The fact that they haven't... really says something.

It sounds like the Hunter Biden story is a Fox News talking point... with no real merit behind it. But I dunno.

I've heard a lot of people say things about Hunter Biden. But I haven't seen anyone do anything about Hunter Biden.
The NY Post wrote a true story about Hunter Biden. The tech media spiked it. Whether or not he committed an actual crime, he’s a scumbag who cheated on his wife with his dead brother’s widow.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
A few incidents of far right nutter being banned (including Trump) does not demonstrate what is occurring culturally within these orgs. Trump just went so far that they had no choice but to remove him because he was too stupid to walk the line and not overtly breach their ToS. I would even argue that if Trump was not president and was saying the things he did (or if any average person did), that he would have been banned much sooner than he was.
Yet left wing nutcases like the PRC government still have blue checks. Even the Iranian government still has blue-check accounts because left-wingers like Jack Dorsey support their causes.

• Love

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Yet left wing nutcases like the PRC government still have blue checks. Even the Iranian government still has blue-check accounts because left-wingers like Jack Dorsey support their causes.
It’s well known that the PRC can say or do whatever they want. Eddy Cue even infamously said that one of Apple’s core rules is never criticize the PRC.

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
Trump went nothing ?

Reactions: KPOM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.