Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Might want to inform the green moss I cleared from their lawn during leaf season last year...
Lawn isn't an aggregate material... Cement, stones, stonework, non-porous mineral based surfaces, etc. are aggregate materials. Moss growing on the dirty ground or your lawn is a sign of something having gone wrong for it easily flourish.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Snow last night, around 3". Melted off today by mid afternoon. Now it's snowing again...and sticking to the lawn again... and apparently NWS is considering giving us an advisory on accumulating snow up to 6" for Friday into Saturday. Meanwhile overnight temps in the 20s. My day lilies can't decide whether to bolt for the sunny afternoons or take my advice and enjoy the mulch I pulled back over them. And I think my lilac nearly budded out so might be in trouble.

Hello, is this April or did we get stuck in a backflip to March again? Asking on behalf of some robins that would like to know when they can resume serious flirting in my spruce tree.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Several inches of snow along the front range Wednesday into Thursday. The city of Boulder has had 145 inches of snow so far this season.

• Wow
Reactions: LizKat

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Snow last night, around 3". Melted off today by mid afternoon. Now it's snowing again...and sticking to the lawn again... and apparently NWS is considering giving us an advisory on accumulating snow up to 6" for Friday into Saturday. Meanwhile overnight temps in the 20s. My day lilies can't decide whether to bolt for the sunny afternoons or take my advice and enjoy the mulch I pulled back over them. And I think my lilac nearly budded out so might be in trouble.

Hello, is this April or did we get stuck in a backflip to March again? Asking on behalf of some robins that would like to know when they can resume serious flirting in my spruce tree.
It happens. :) I was wondering why lately we’ve had so many days of delightful, relatively cool weather flow over Texas. Well, not wondering, just surprised that such a substantial flow of cool air has graced us from the a North.
[automerge]1587127821[/automerge]
Several inches of snow along the front range Wednesday into Thursday. The city of Boulder has had 145 inches of snow so far this season.
Is that above average?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Snowing like a bandit here, started around 5pm and late in the evening they put up an advisory for 6" new snow overnight. Trying to figure out if they meant six more or six altogether. Well the daylight will be informative! Anyway they also said it will be nearly 40 and will dump rain on the pile of snowmelt for an hour around lunchtime. Bottom line? Weather gods are running a beta 2.0 for April in the Catskills and it still ain't ready for prime time.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
So three days of snow showers coming up, still trying and failing to muster up enough cold and moisture at the same time to throw a more memorable event. Today's prelude: five minute hailstorm this afternoon as the cold front tried to muscle in. This may have confused heck out of the sparrows that were flirting yesterday under the honeysuckle, not to mention what it probably did to the psyche of that shrubbery. The hazy green effect persists but the larger leaves that actually popped out yesterday took a beating. This is going to be a week where I draw the shades at dusk and ignore the snowflakes starting to come down as nightfall approaches. I am looking for signs the lawn needs mowing. So far only the rabbits think that's an option.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Not every day even around here that one reads of a crash on the interstate at nearly the end of April, when a pickup collided with a SNOWPLOW. Yeah. Extreme weather here on Sunday the 26th brought out the plows and apparently also brought out a couple folks who hadn't been feeling too constrained by the coronavirus lockdowns. Took 20 minutes to peel one of them out of their pickup. One was taken to nearest hospital, other one transported out to Binghamton by ground transport after LifeNet declined to chance a helo ride due to the weather.

File under: endless winter, this 2019-20 version.

• Wow
Reactions: VulchR

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Not every day even around here that one reads of a crash on the interstate at nearly the end of April, when a pickup collided with a SNOWPLOW. Yeah. Extreme weather here on Sunday the 26th brought out the plows and apparently also brought out a couple folks who hadn't been feeling too constrained by the coronavirus lockdowns. Took 20 minutes to peel one of them out of their pickup. One was taken to nearest hospital, other one transported out to Binghamton by ground transport after LifeNet declined to chance a helo ride due to the weather.

File under: endless winter, this 2019-20 version.

Think you've had our snow. Aside from a wee bit there and a smidgen here, Southwest Ohio had a snowless, subzeroless winter.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Think you've had our snow. Aside from a wee bit there and a smidgen here, Southwest Ohio had a snowless, subzeroless winter.

It's quite strange. We had that kind of winter too (one major snowstorm around Dec 10 and maybe four or five where no one even bothered to plow their driveways). And a warm spell in February but then this insane April with snow every few days. It's all melted right off, with temps in the 40s most of the time, but that's low even for here now, and the fact that we've had probably couple feet of snow in the past 40 days, three inches every other night? is just bizarre.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
It's finally warm enough for us at lower elevations near Albany that I was able to pull off the draft-blocking plastic I put on my windows for the winter. It wasn't very effective any longer anyway, tape on a portion of every window had pulled off the trim and was allowing cold air in anyway...

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It's finally warm enough for us at lower elevations near Albany that I was able to pull off the draft-blocking plastic I put on my windows for the winter. It wasn't very effective any longer anyway, tape on a portion of every window had pulled off the trim and was allowing cold air in anyway...

That's my project for the weekend on the west side upstairs in my place. I did the east side last weekend and decided to wait a little, see if something besides cold air would ever show up from the prevailing weather side of the house. Yeah so at least last night it was rain instead of snow. Can't wait until the norm is having windows open up there overnight to let cool air in!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
So in the merry month of May... here comes another round of ol' man Winter.

In the merry month of May.jpg

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Meanwhile in Scotland right now we have blue skies, sunshine and about 62 F° . :cool:

Of course, I can't enjoy it because of the bloody lockdown. ?

• Sad
Reactions: decafjava

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Not to rub it in, but we are in the mid 90's right now... A little toasty!

So the purpose of a spare laptop is to retain some options after putting a brick through the display... ;)

Well at least it's been sunny so far today but we can feel the cold front blasting in here already, and the hawks that were lazily riding this morning's thermals out over the valley have given that up for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: TiggrToo and VulchR

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
What the heck? It’s May 9. Does somebody want to wake up the snow and tell it to go home?? It’s still hanging around like a passed out guest from that party we had back in March.

Yesterday evening in the space of 1/2 hr. it snowed, then the sun came out, then it snowed while the sun was out, then it stopped, then it started again, then it stopped and the sun came out for one last blast. It’s the epitome of that joke if you don’t like the weather in Ohio wait a few minutes.

Every third day we go from cold to shirtsleeve weather. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the buds on the trees so confused. They start, they stop, they start again. They don’t know whether to continue. Yesterday I looked up at the sky and saw this:

342FCFA7-0D39-47B1-B36B-C0C1E9D34022.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.