Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Dunk the Lunk

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2007
.uk
The street I live on has no name in Apple Maps. Consequently, I am not able to store my address correctly, nor to have "when I get home" reminders work correctly. I've told them times and times again how that street is actually called, I've even posted a screenshot from Google Maps and a photo of the street name sign, but to no avail. Half a year and several reports later, it's still unnamed. I give up. I just don't think they care.

Are you in an area where the new in-house Apple maps have been deployed? If not the mapping data comes from external sources such as TomTom and needs to be verified with the third party first. Once you’re in a true Apple Maps area this feature should become a lot quicker/more efficient.
[automerge]1577108477[/automerge]

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Are you in an area where the new in-house Apple maps have been deployed? If not the mapping data comes from external sources such as TomTom and needs to be verified with the third party first. Once you’re in a true Apple Maps area this feature should become a lot quicker/more efficient.
[automerge]1577108477[/automerge]

I meant pics from him... ;)

There have a been a couple of people that thought they had new maps area and were mistaken. As far as I know, no one has had them except for that brief day release last week.

Reactions: iOS Geek

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I meant pics from him... ;)

There have a been a couple of people that thought they had new maps area and were mistaken. As far as I know, no one has had them except for that brief day release last week.
Yep, that one day was all I had. Must’ve gone out by accident ?

Reactions: MozMan68

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
C478F50D-3075-45E5-A206-7B0388B725F4.png
2A907A29-4D41-450E-9AFC-268561CE1347.png
424CC255-4AEE-4ADC-840B-5C1B483A86C9.png
BE83AA8C-67B0-4096-937B-98BD9234668A.png

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I am really sick of the Apple Maps corrections team. I spend a lot of time submitting corrections, but whenever I get the notification that they’ve made changes based on my submissions, nothing ever changes. I wait days for the changes to show up, but they never do. It’s like they completely disregard my corrections. How do you make them actually implement your corrections? Some of the corrections I submit are as simple as moving the pin for the POI to the correct part of the building. All the changes I submit are in the new maps area.

I submitted an incorrect road name and Apple pulled the name the next day. It has sat unlabeled for a week. This morning, the incorrect name is back :(
AM 12232019 Error.jpg
[automerge]1577118551[/automerge]
The street I live on has no name in Apple Maps. Consequently, I am not able to store my address correctly, nor to have "when I get home" reminders work correctly. I've told them times and times again how that street is actually called, I've even posted a screenshot from Google Maps and a photo of the street name sign, but to no avail. Half a year and several reports later, it's still unnamed. I give up. I just don't think they care.

Don't feel bad. It took Apple 4 years to name my street. ;)

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Where is this? New map area?

Typically, street names require government data as a back-up instead of a comment from a user. They will also not use Google Maps as evidence of a required change.

I think a photo of the street sign would be a good indicator for them, but maybe that’s not enough.

You would think so. However my multi year attempt to get fixed, across the street are local Government offices. I could input the address in search and it would find it. The visual map though was incorrect.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
You must be one of lucky few! I'm in the middle of the state and am seeing the new data at all.
I do have to say that despite me getting it and losing it on the same day...it is nice to know that it is still out there, so it's not like a test was put out by mistake. I was thinking it wasn't intentionally put out since so many people got it and lost it just in a matter of hours. And I did just see on Reddit that people are starting to see it pop up again! Maybe the official is coming this week, even though it's holiday time!

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I do have to say that despite me getting it and losing it on the same day...it is nice to know that it is still out there, so it's not like a test was put out by mistake. I was thinking it wasn't intentionally put out since so many people got it and lost it just in a matter of hours. And I did just see on Reddit that people are starting to see it pop up again! Maybe the official is coming this week, even though it's holiday time!

He's the same person that posted on Reddit...hah.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone other than him post??

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have the latest IOS and updated maps and I find at night it is almost impossible to see details and follow - wish maps never went into night mode.

I submitted an error to Apple where they had the wrong town for a high school - had the school in a neighboring town. Wonder how long that will take to fix.

G1Ravage

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2018
Queens, New York, USA
A few road label corrections I sent into Apple more than two months ago were finally updated today! I didn't get a notification, but I saw the changes for myself.

I'm still frustrated at how slow some of these changes are coming through, but I guess it takes time to verify them. Other mistakes, like a highway exit being listed as "Exit Exit 6B", get corrected pretty fast.

Reactions: dk001 and MozMan68

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Interesting how all these changes are processing at the same time and on Christmas Day of all times. I’ll say we’ll have new maps for all before the year ends.

Last edited:

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Interesting how all these changes are processing at the same time and in Christmas Day of all times. I’ll say we’ll have new maps for all before the year ends.

It's probably outsourced to a place they don't celebrate Christmas ;)

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Will soon be heading to the airport for my trip to Alaska...without the new maps. Crapsticks ? ?

I'll be there for two weeks. So if the maps come out within the next week...I'll be satisfied!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Will soon be heading to the airport for my trip to Alaska...without the new maps. Crapsticks ? ?

I'll be there for two weeks. So if the maps come out within the next week...I'll be satisfied!
Will you be here telling us you're in Alaska daily? ;)

I live in a new neighborhood in a smallish city in Wisconsin and a lot of the road names are wrong. I took a walk a couple weeks back and submitted reports for all of the streets along with pictures but haven't seen any changes made as of today. I also haven't seen any changes to the map as a whole but I've kind of resigned to the fact that we're part of the last wave and the chance that Apple won't meet the deadline they set. Not a huge deal for me as I don't really use Maps all that often.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Wish that was true for me...decided to drive 800 miles on a whim yesterday. Right into old Maps area in VA. I didn’t realize how much I was accustomed to the new graphics over the last month.

dcc7715df190b79f43fc4eef39de313a.png

Just in MacOS. Not on iOS on my 11 Max Pro or iPad Pro.

And why is your LTE signal split in two? I've never noticed that before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.